Mini2 already had DJIcare, what do I need to do?
4137 25 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

I already had djicare, now they come out with flyaway protection, great ... but I need to do what exactly?
(I tried following this, but there is no such "device management" in my fly app)

2233.JPG

2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

You have to bind the RC and the aircraft with DJI.
2021-1-28
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

If you use the iOS DJI Fly app, click on “Profile” and you should see “Device Management” on the top of the right hand side menu. You’ll see the two menu items, both need to be binded.
D0B24D42-9687-42BD-89A1-0169CCF17F44.jpeg
4623E0CA-A7AC-4FFB-A5A8-F293AEE7FC9B.jpeg
1204575D-74FB-4078-861F-4E92E9265578.jpeg
A96376C9-4250-479F-9D1C-4DEE952D88E7.jpeg
2021-1-28
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

AussieDronePilot Posted at 1-28 18:04
If you use the iOS DJI Fly app, click on “Profile” and you should see “Device Management” on the top of the right hand side menu. You’ll see the two menu items, both need to be binded.

Android ;  
2021-1-28
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

hunterws Posted at 1-28 20:44
Android ;  [view_image]

For Android, is it located in “Settings”? Unfortunately I don’t have a supported Android device to locate where the “Device Management” feature is located.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hunterws. Thank for reaching out and for these information you have given. In addition to this I will post DJI Forum Link ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-234600-1-1.html ) with regards to this matter as well. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-1-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i believe this only works with the last version of the app.
2021-1-28
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 21:28
Hello there hunterws. Thank for reaching out and for these information you have given. In addition to this I will post DJI Forum Link ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-234600-1-1.html ) with regards to this matter as well. Thank you and fly safe always.

That's the email I got that confused me !
Did you see my photo above?
  No Device Management.

I had bought the mini2 in Nov2020.  I updated everything.  I use android.
What do I need to do, to be covered by the new flyaway protection, step by step.
Thank you.
2021-1-29
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

AussieDronePilot Posted at 1-28 21:01
For Android, is it located in “Settings”? Unfortunately I don’t have a supported Android device to locate where the “Device Management” feature is located.

No, that's just account stuff, not features.
2021-1-29
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

hunterws Posted at 1-29 06:02
No, that's just account stuff, not features.

You probably have to download and install 1.2.4 APP from DJI website, otherwise I don't think you have the option.
2021-1-29
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

videoeditman Posted at 1-29 07:47
You probably have to download and install 1.2.4 APP from DJI website, otherwise I don't think you have the option.

I think I just don't have the option, due to region, or operating system, etc.  *shrug*
I have 'djicare', if they didn't cover a flyaway with what I have in place, I'd be surprised.... not really sure why the renewed advertising for flyaway coverage.
I emailed them and get replies in some sort of english that I don't understand, even knowing chinglish.
2021-1-29
Use props
Corbie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74505 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I got the email with this offer, so tried going through the steps (on my iPad heat on the sofa) but device manager was not available. So I connected everything up as if ready to fly then tried again. The device manager options was there and all steps completed without issue. Hope this helps.
2021-1-29
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Corbie Posted at 1-29 09:54
Hi, I got the email with this offer, so tried going through the steps (on my iPad heat on the sofa) but device manager was not available. So I connected everything up as if ready to fly then tried again. The device manager options was there and all steps completed without issue. Hope this helps.

Just went through the steps, firing up until blinking green, ready to go.
Checked profile, and DJI forums was still the top choice.
Must be a regional thing, and they're not disclosing that.
2021-1-30
Use props
djiuser_PGXuP04kYazS
New
Flight distance : 8337 ft
Australia

I bought a Mavic Air 2 last Friday and setup that afternoon, I bought the DJI Care on Saturday, the email I have says it covers Fly Away and to bind the aircraft etc in the email I received.

But like OP, I don't have the Device Managment menu, I think it is because I don't have v1.2.4 of the app but instead latest version available from Play Store which is older. Looking at release notes it seems they optimised some stuff in relation to this.

So maybe wait for the latest version of app to become available in play store or try directly installing? I wont be flying for a few days so will wait and see if I get the update. Otherwise I will be downloading latest app from website before flying as I don't want to risk it.
2021-1-30
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_PGXuP04kYazS Posted at 1-30 22:17
I bought a Mavic Air 2 last Friday and setup that afternoon, I bought the DJI Care on Saturday, the email I have says it covers Fly Away and to bind the aircraft etc in the email I received.

But like OP, I don't have the Device Managment menu, I think it is because I don't have v1.2.4 of the app but instead latest version available from Play Store which is older. Looking at release notes it seems they optimised some stuff in relation to this.

DJI hasn't uploaded a new version to the play store since 1.2.1. There have been 2 updates since, many think they may be abandoning the play store.
2021-1-31
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Until it's on the playstore, verified ... I won't update.
As easy as it is for them to initiate an upload to update firmware etc, why couldn't this be that easy?
Maybe have to uninstall/reinstall the app ... but all this backdoor business has me thinking I just don't trust DJI anymore.
2021-2-18
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i'm very familiar with the processes but as know, there is no official sideloading on ios and therefore, i think it's fair to say sideloading is a "workaround" on android even though it is relatively easy and well-known.  however, even in 2021 i don't think a company should be offering sideloading android apps as an alternative method; personally i don't think we are there yet with the public.   the method could be easily [mis]characterized as bypassing the official process and comparing it to apple who doesn't allow it.  call me old school but sideloading is for the smaller crowd who is more familiar with the space.  as a result, i tend to agree with you that something is likely amiss in the playstore world.
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404587 ft
Hong Kong

You can download the latest 1.2.4 version from the Samsung Galaxy Store.

After I installed 1.2.0 (I think it was) from the Play store, the Galaxy Store app notified me there was a newer version to update to.
2021-2-18
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-18 08:16
You can download the latest 1.2.4 version from the Samsung Galaxy Store.

After I installed 1.2.0 (I think it was) from the Play store, the Galaxy Store app notified me there was a newer version to update to.

Went to Samsung Galaxy Store>apps and looked for 'DJI' ,,,, zero results.
?
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

hunterws Posted at 2-18 08:27
Went to Samsung Galaxy Store>apps and looked for 'DJI' ,,,, zero results.
?

I installed it first via Google Play, and then opened up Galaxy Store > Updates and it detected that there was an update available so I updated it through there, it had to be updated manually as it did say that auto update couldn't happen as it was first installed via Play.
2021-2-18
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-18 19:14
I installed it first via Google Play, and then opened up Galaxy Store > Updates and it detected that there was an update available so I updated it through there, it had to be updated manually as it did say that auto update couldn't happen as it was first installed via Play.

really odd.  For such a big Co you'd think they would follow typical channels.
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I thought it was something to do with DJI being black listed by the US gov for the latest update but I'm just speculating
2021-2-18
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

You need to have Android app 1.2.4. It is not at the Play Store. The reason is that DJI is now going to have notifications of updates for FLY app from inside the app....same as firmware updates for batteries and drone. That is more convenient than having to go looking for the app updates on Play Store or DJI web site.. You can also go to DJI to download directly.
There is no ulterior motive for DJI to do this other than make it easier for the owners to get prompt update notifications for ALL the updates to ensure all are current.
2021-2-19
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Astro Bob Posted at 2-19 08:08
You need to have Android app 1.2.4. It is not at the Play Store. The reason is that DJI is now going to have notifications of updates for FLY app from inside the app....same as firmware updates for batteries and drone. That is more convenient than having to go looking for the app updates on Play Store or DJI web site.. You can also go to DJI to download directly.
There is no ulterior motive for DJI to do this other than make it easier for the owners to get prompt update notifications for ALL the updates to ensure all are current.

Well, that sounds good, but ... they could update to the new flyapp on the app stores easily, self-updating or otherwise.  That to me raises a red flag, and I have put all updates on the back burner.  If it doesn't get normalized (instead of backdoor apk files), I'll just sell my toy and buy something else to play with that isn't the subject for the FAA and other nations with ulterior motives.  (ever hear of covid?)  #trust
2021-2-19
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I believe you can go to the DJI download page and find it there ..I had to side load it to my phone. There is also a app on the galaxy store as well
2021-2-19
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391752 ft
United States

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-18 23:25
I thought it was something to do with DJI being black listed by the US gov for the latest update but I'm just speculating

This is correct.  DJI is on the U.S. list for Chinese companies they don't trust and will not work with.  I believe this was under Trump and created 2 years ago, but you can find it online.
2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules