Tablet for Mini 2.
22046 19 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
banjaboy
lvl.1

Canada

Hi all, my first post here and thanks for letting me in the group. I am just about to order a mini 2 and wondering what requirements must be met for a viewing screen instead of my phone. I have an old, small iphone and its not going to be big enough. Can I use either an Android or apple ipad, ipad mini? Are both systems compatable?
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can find the supported devices on the DJI website.
https://www.dji.com/nl/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-1-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, in my experience, a iPhone 6s (that is what I have) is big enough.

I would first fly and test before buying that.

You still can't see a lot on a 10.2"tablet.
Especially in brighter conditions.
(I have the iPad 10.2, but never use it for flying)

For me the iPhone works perfectly.
I can see my frame (what I'm filming / photographing) and that is enough.
2021-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPad mini is a super way to fly.  But you'll need to get a mount for it.
2021-1-29
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

best tablets:Samsung tablets (2019 and newer), iPad 5th, sixth, and seventh generation. iPad mini 5 and newer. iPad air 2, iPad pro 2nd generation and newer. iPod seventh generation. The iPhone XS plus, 8 plus, x plus, 11 plus, and 12 plus are all bigger versions of the non plus phones so they are more tablet like.
2021-1-29
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

the iPhone plus series (8 plus, xs plus, x plus, 11 plus, 12 plus) is more tablet like and you might not need a mount for them.
2021-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there banjaboy. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing the DJI Mini 2. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device when operating or flying your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads
2021-2-2
Use props
banjaboy
lvl.1

Canada

There is a list where DJI said ipad 4 gen works
2021-2-2
Use props
banjaboy
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks guys!!!!!! I pulled the trigger and bought the Mini 2 Fly mor combo. I also picked up a mint Ipad mini 5 for peanuts so im all set. The drone gets here Tuesday.
2021-2-6
Use props
Papachylo
lvl.2

United States

I'm not a big fan of Apple, but it's very decent when it comes to user experience and usability, and also has very good computing power. I just watched the TabletGeeky list of large tablets a month ago and still, there are no better tablets than Apple yet. For the best large tablet, I would recommend the Apple iPad Pro 2020 has dual lenses with ultra-wide recording and 4k recording functions.
2021-7-2
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" 64GB with Wi-Fi + 64GB microSD Memory Card (Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NMW6V9Q/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_H9RHHHV1S08FEABD3R3G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Is this compatible with the dji fly app for the dji mini 2?
2021-12-25
Use props
ExplorickOne
lvl.2
United States

I use a IPad Pro and a amazon holder
2022-1-5
Use props
fans5a6b2f6e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84170 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2021-1-29 01:59
iPad mini is a super way to fly.  But you'll need to get a mount for it.
I was using my iPhone 7, and worked very well until i filled my cache memory, then lost complete control of my mini 2. I read that the iPad mini 4 would work with the Mini 2. I purchased a recertified iPad Mini 4 WiFi only model, and i can fly, but there's no GPS. Now i think i made a mistake buying the Mini iPad. Can anybody recommend a small tablet that can control the Mini 2 with a GPS chip enabled?
2022-7-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5a6b2f6e Posted at 7-8 18:27
I was using my iPhone 7, and worked very well until i filled my cache memory, then lost complete control of my mini 2. I read that the iPad mini 4 would work with the Mini 2. I purchased a recertified iPad Mini 4 WiFi only model, and i can fly, but there's no GPS. Now i think i made a mistake buying the Mini iPad. Can anybody recommend a small tablet that can control the Mini 2 with a GPS chip enabled?

A lot of the YouTube recommend the tripletek tablet.  
2022-7-9
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

I recommend ipad mini
2022-7-10
Use props
fans5a6b2f6e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84170 ft
United States

what ever you use, iPad or Android, the device Must have GPS capabilities, like a Smart Phone. Another issue to be aware of is the Cashe Memory of the device. I reached the end of the cashe memory on my 32GB iPhone 7, and lost complete control in flight. Took me an hour, but found my Mini 2 three houses away from the "Home Point" that was set.
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_De15LUQFWumt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2164547 ft
North Macedonia

Hi there... I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2021) a month ago. According to the specifications of this tablet, I was convinced that it was a good choice. However, the screen is pixelating a lot - until unrecognizability. Yesterday during a flight in the aeria without interferences, after 600 meters, I received a message that the aircraft was not connected. I thought: "Ok, signal will be restored after a few seconds - nothing concerning". But the signal was not restored even after 5 min. or so... and I began to worry. Any attempt to restore a connection was unsuccessful. At the moment of disconnection (according to flight logs), the battery was on 87%, and the signal was full - there was no info about any interference or signal weakness - just the message "Aircraft is not connected" at a pretty short distance of 600 meters flat terrain. After waiting for 10 or 15 min. (it was more than enough time to RTH), I went to look for the drone and, of course, didn't find it. Fortunately, when I returned to lunch point (it was 25 - 30 min. after disconnection), he had already waited for me. After all, this is a happy end, but why was the connection lost and not restored as a drone approach to RTH point? None of these problems occurred until I used my Samsung Galaxy 52S 5G. They start with tablet described above. So, mentioned device is not compatible (regardless of its specifications, which should "grant" compatibility), as well as many others out there... so, please be careful when recommend something, especially tablets for drone usage, because, on DJI site, there is NO ANY TABLET recommended yet.
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_kBW21CaLKkWI
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, I have added a iPad mini 5 as a screen to my mini2. DJI fly app by QR code. New data cable, usb 3 to lightning. Still waiting for tablet to arrive. If you buy from China it takes 10 weeks to arrive at an Australian address. All of these steps were by trial and error.  iTunes offers very limited information. No problems with GPS or control yet. Flying with larger screen is fantastic
2023-1-25
Use props
JCapps
lvl.2

United States

I've been reading a lot about tablets for my Air 2S. I'm a fan of Android but it looks like i may go in the direction of buying an Apple product. My biggest concern is how bright (nits) some tables are or aren't. Most Androids are pretty low, in the 300 and 400's. Some may be slightly higher. A lot on Apple devices reach 500 but the Ipad Pro reaches 600 through the year 2020. I am leaning toward the 2021 model because the 11" tablets reach 1000 nits while the 12.9" reaches 1600 nits. Most phones are capable of high nits but it seems tables are limited. I want to make sure I can see as good as possible while flying. Just my 2 cents from the research I've been doing.
2023-1-28
Use props
Steven King
New

United States

Does anyone use a Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet with their Min 2?
4-18 13:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules