Fly App question
1404 8 2021-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

I am looking to get a new Android phone. I heard that if you go to the play store and search for the fly app, if it shows up as an option to download, it will run on the phone. Any truth to this. The phone I'm looking at is the LG stylo6. I thought i'd ask the sales rep to power on the phone, hook to the stores WiFi and search for the dji fly app. If it's available, I'd buy it. Thoughts??
2021-1-29
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

That is a good idea, but, if you really want to be sure, then buy a phone that is on the list of Dji supported devices.
Do a quick search to find list.
2021-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JimDandy. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Upon checking the said mobile device ( LG stylo6 ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG stylo6  will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on your DJI drone. Rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.
2021-1-29
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-29 03:41
Hello there JimDandy. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Upon checking the said mobile device ( LG stylo6 ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG stylo6  will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on your DJI drone. Rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

Thank you, How about the Samsung A51? Will this device work with Dji fly?
2021-1-29
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

yogi053 Posted at 1-29 03:12
That is a good idea, but, if you really want to be sure, then buy a phone that is on the list of Dji supported devices.
Do a quick search to find list.

Thanks Yogi. Went with the Samsung A51,  it's on the list from phantom pilots forum. Seems to work well and is a phone that is supported by my carrier. (cricket)
2021-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JimDandy Posted at 1-29 03:59
Thank you, How about the Samsung A51? Will this device work with Dji fly?

Hi there JimDandy. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. The Samsung A51 is also not listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. DJI can not guarantee if the said mobile device will be able to work properly with the DJI Fly application. For reference will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_s0gLrfK5FGwR
New

United States

I can’t get past the part to make sure I’m not a computer on the fly app.
2021-9-9
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-31 22:48
Hi there JimDandy. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. The Samsung A51 is also not listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. DJI can not guarantee if the said mobile device will be able to work properly with the DJI Fly application. For reference will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I don't care if it's on your list or not. I'm telling you, It works great without any issues. I have a co-worker that has one of your "approved" phones, Samsung s8 and it doesn't work at all with your fly app. Freezes all the time. Stop posting the cooperate response every time someone posts about a unit that works. UNLESS you're telling all of us that if we run into a malfunction of one of your units, the warranty is void if not using an "approved" device.
2021-9-9
Use props
fans7b5ea2d1
New

United States

JimDandy Posted at 2021-9-9 06:10
I don't care if it's on your list or not. I'm telling you, It works great without any issues. I have a co-worker that has one of your "approved" phones, Samsung s8 and it doesn't work at all with your fly app. Freezes all the time. Stop posting the cooperate response every time someone posts about a unit that works. UNLESS you're telling all of us that if we run into a malfunction of one of your units, the warranty is void if not using an "approved" device.

Thanks for saying this. The A51 is equivalent to an A21. I used an a 51 flawlessly for over a year now these dou**e bags are useless and wont let me use the version I know works. Its 1.5.1 build 2025. They wont even allow it to be uploaded off the site. All you get is a robotic response. I was happy with the product. But thats past tense. Theyre just as*holes in real life is all.
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules