Mini 2 ,safe outdoor temperature
5146 9 2021-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aman27
lvl.1
Canada

Hi All,

New Dji Mini 2 pilot here. Bought my drone yesterday and was only able to test it inside my apartment, and I love it! . I was very careful since i didn't have any GPS signal in my apartment and I used the cinematic mode to fly (slowest speed) . I live in Toronto Canada and we have some cold arctic air now for the past couple of days and seems like it will be here for a few more days. Temperatures are between -9C  to  -14C (this is without the windchill). Is the drone going to be damaged if I take it outside and fly in these temparatures?

Thank you all.  
2021-1-29
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi and welcome
Your drone will be affected in these temperatures
Best advice READ the manual and then READ it again.
2021-1-29
Use props
Aman27
lvl.1
Canada

Pleomax Posted at 1-29 11:36
Hi and welcome
Your drone will be affected in these temperatures
Best advice READ the manual and then READ it again.

Hahaha, Thank you. I did notice some booklets in the packaging box! maybe it's good to give those a read. relied too much on Youtube videos!
2021-1-29
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Aman27 Posted at 1-29 11:45
Hahaha, Thank you. I did notice some booklets in the packaging box! maybe it's good to give those a read. relied too much on Youtube videos!

Hi Aman27
You're welcome
Always best to read supplied manuals

Fly safe
2021-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aman27. Thanks for reaching out! The performance of the battery might be affected and the stability of the aircraft can be compromised flying below or higher than the suggested Operating Temperature. For your safety and to have a better experience, we recommend flying within the Operating Temperature which is 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F).
2021-1-29
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Had a 40°C heatwave the other day but did not fly. Though I have flown in 38°C and the battery starts to get rather hot and to be honest uncomfortably hot, which isn't great for the battery life!
2021-1-30
Use props
Aman27
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you All very much
2021-2-1
Use props
fansa641db3a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Suit yourself and the garbage manual.
I have flown multiple time this winter in the upper midwest in temperatures as low as 15F.
If you live in Canada and go by the manual your drone will spend a lot of time shelved.
I make sure the weather is dry, I keep the batteries warm and insert them in the drone right before I fly.
Never have a had a problem. You will find others doing the same as myself on various forums.
It is going to be well below zero this weekend and I will be flying.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I live in the hot Arizona desert and never fly mine in temps about 105 f
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I can confirm that flying a drone below zero can be safe with a few rules. The battery is stored under the jacket and put in just before take-off, as has already been mentioned here, and the air is dry but frosty. I fly regularly at negative temperatures and I also watch the battery temperature, which is above 20 degrees. C. Good luck and prudence.
2021-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules