Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Floats for Spark
1003 3 2021-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I am interested into putting floats on my Spark for water landings. All the ones I have seen on Amazon have bad ratings. Do you guys recommend a good brand of floats of have instructions for making homemade ones? Thank you very much.
2021-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't recommend water landing,   too much can go wrong and the floats tend to catch the wind.
2021-1-30
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 01:24
I wouldn't recommend water landing,   too much can go wrong and the floats tend to catch the wind.

It would be nice though in case of an emergency plus my family might get a waterfront cabin this summer.
2021-1-31
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sparkflier Posted at 1-31 13:02
It would be nice though in case of an emergency plus my family might get a waterfront cabin this summer.

I've not seen anything on the market that I would feel comfortable recommending for strapping to their DJI drone.   As others have said...so much can go wrong.  Most of the videos I've seen have 'tested' in fairly calm (flat) waters conditions with the best of conditions.

In reality, your often going to have higher winds off the water and the waters are often not perfectly calm.  Making it extremely likely that your drone will flip over.  I just wouldn't recommend it.  I fly over water all the time.  Your best bet is just use common sense.  Make sure your batteries are fully charged, don't fly in high wind conditions, and avoid those situations where you may run into something and you should have no issues flying over water.  Oh, and always set your home point!  
2021-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules