360 photo stiching
4301 7 2021-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Insideout
lvl.1
Italy

Hi all,
360 photo are so useful, automatic stich by Dji Fly app is great but works only with low resolution image and the results is 8Mp 360 photo, i tried to stich with ICE and other software but the results are better in regard of resolution but worse for stiching mostly whenn subjects are closer the drone.
is there some way to use dji Fly to create a full resolution image?
Thanks and have a great weekend
2021-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Insideout. Thanks for reaching out! The auto-stitch feature of the DJI Fly is only limited in terms of resolution and that there's no dedicated function in the DJI Fly to manually stitch panorama files in full resolution. To make full use of the high-resolution panorama files generated by the DJI Mini 2, it is best to use apps that are dedicated to stitching panorama in high resolution.
2021-1-30
Use props
Insideout
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 06:07
Hi, Insideout. Thanks for reaching out! The auto-stitch feature of the DJI Fly is only limited in terms of resolution and that there's no dedicated function in the DJI Fly to manually stitch panorama files in full resolution. To make full use of the high-resolution panorama files generated by the DJI Mini 2, it is best to use apps that are dedicated to stitching panorama in high resolution.

thanks for reply, i already tried several  softwares, ICE, Panoweaver, PTgui but unfortunately without the same level of connection between photos of Dji Fly...if someone have some suggestion i'm ready to try...
2021-1-30
Use props
SalaEE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468009 ft
Estonia

I use Kolor Autopano Giga 4.0
Its older software but works fine by me
2021-1-30
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

PtGui is the best for this purpose if you want to obtain full 360º spherical panoramas up to 170MP or so.

You can use Lightroom too, but full 360º spheres won't end as good as with PTGui.

PTGui can stitch Dngs directly, but won't use the settings you edited, so you can edit before (open DNGs in Lightroom and export them as edited JPGs or TIFFs).

DJi fly has errors in connections too, as the drone doesn't rotate  from  the nodal point of the optic, which is the only way to get the same point of view and thus perfect connections through the entire panorama. You just can't see the errors in the Dji panorama because it's super low res (I still use them for social media or street view).
2021-1-30
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 1-30 18:37
PtGui is the best for this purpose if you want to obtain full 360º spherical panoramas up to 170MP or so.

You can use Lightroom too, but full 360º spheres won't end as good as with PTGui.

Indeed, you can edit the pictures before stiching them in PTGui. It is a bit more difficult to edit the pictures for the same lighting, contrasr, ...

My workflow is to stich the RAW pictures in PTGui, output in Photoshop format and do the rest of the editing in Ps.
Of course, this is a matter of preference.

PTGui is also capable of handling a serie of AEB pictures and stich it together in a pano, provided you have enough overlap on the original pictures.

It is a very powerful tool. Also the distortion you get with a lot of other stitching programs when doing the mini2 wide angle pano is reduced to a minimum with this program.
2021-1-30
Use props
Insideout
lvl.1
Italy

JohnDG Posted at 1-30 19:49
Indeed, you can edit the pictures before stiching them in PTGui. It is a bit more difficult to edit the pictures for the same lighting, contrasr, ...

My workflow is to stich the RAW pictures in PTGui, output in Photoshop format and do the rest of the editing in Ps.

Thanks guys for suggestions, i have to try again, with PTGui
2021-1-31
Use props
fans14e8ef92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2253238 ft
Netherlands

I have an other issue it was 180 pano in stiching in Photoshop worked fine bud now its not willing to stich de 180 photo - Error can not merge photo's. - Had tryed it on two difrent shoots and days with new photo's
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules