DJI Official Carbon Fiber Reinforced Propellers
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some of you will already know about these ( hidden away on DJI's site ) but DJI have now officially added these to the Phantom 3 rage of accessories.

These props are the 9450's props but with carbon fiber reinforcement. They are still self-tightening and have composite hubs. Perfect alternative to the crappy carbon ones you get off ebay
I have put in an order for a set of black ones.

The props are priced slightly higher than the standard ones at £12 ( or $15 ) for a pair.

Available in three favours:
9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, Black)
9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, Black with White Stripes)
9450 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-tightening Propellers (Composite Hub, Black with Yellow Stripes)

NOTE: They have 10-15 working days shipment time listed to don't expect them soon due to demand. expect the all black ones to be the most popular.

Details:
Another masterpiece by DJI Propulsion Laboratory. Aerodynamically optimized and precisely manufactured, the Z-Blade 9450 propellers produce powerful thrust with excellent dynamic balance.
These reliable blades easily handle your FPV and other payloads while keeping your platform stable and virtually vibration-free, helping reduce the chance of jello or other unwanted effects.

large_13.jpg

large_white.jpg
large_yellow.jpg
Buy all your P3 goodies direct from DJI
Spare Batteries - Charging HubCarbonPropsHDMI Module
Hardshell BackpackProp GuardsNDFilters

2015-7-6
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

Black ones with yellow stripes look sick
2015-7-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dorn.michael10@ Posted at 2015-7-7 14:21
Black ones with yellow stripes look sick

Prefer the back only myself. But I do have the white ones with blue tips Hope they make these carbon reinforced ones with blue soon..
2015-7-6
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Excuse my ignorance, but for those who aren't in the know, what's the benefit of these over the stock props that ship?
2015-7-6
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-7 15:48
Excuse my ignorance, but for those who aren't in the know, what's the benefit of these over the stoc ...

Carbon fiber can make anything lighter, faster. Didn't they put some on a Kia just recently?
2015-7-7
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

Excuse my ignorance, but for those who aren't in the know, what's the benefit of these over the stoc ...

I would like to know as well.
2015-7-7
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but these come in 2 to a pack right? So I need to order 2 to get all 4 props?
2015-7-7
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brandon00151, you are correct. All DJI props come in a 2-pack.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-7
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Went with the Bumble Bee yellow striped ones.
2015-7-7
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

Here is a good test.

If I should crash I would prefer my props to snap. If the props are tougher than the rest then that force could snap something more expensive than the props.
I will stick to the plastic that also give you a longer flight time according to tests.
2015-7-7
Use props
editfx
lvl.2

United States

Anyone know about mixing the DJI standard props with the CF reinforced in a pinch?
2015-7-7
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

editx, I wouldn't mix 100% composite props with carbon fiber reinforced props. They all have the same pitch, so your Phantom would probably fly. However, since they are made of different materials, the props are not going to have the same weight.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.

2015-7-8
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

yep....those yellow stripes got me.   had to order a few.
2015-7-8
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

My question to.

Does it make them more lethal too?
Why is "carbon reinfirced" better exactly?  Cuz the Newz says Carbon is gooder?  Unless it's climate change... Then Carbon is bad. Bad Bad.

Wait! I am confuZed.  Is Carbon Gooder?  Or is Carbon Badder?  

Carbon is DEFINITELY MORE EXPENSIVE.   

Is Carbon make my Phantom Fly Gooder?  Or does the word CARBON just make more MONEY FOR DJI when selling the exact same props painted black???
2015-7-8
Use props
michael
lvl.2

Suriname

I only had problems with Carbon props on my Phantom 2 plus V3. I'll wait and see how they perform on a Phantom 3.
2015-7-8
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

michael@mleidel Posted at 2015-7-9 07:05
I only had problems with Carbon props on my Phantom 2 plus V3. I'll wait and see how they perform on ...

Keep in mind that they are only carbon fiber reinforced. They are not 100% carbon fiber props like many third party props that perform poorly.

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-7-8
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-9 08:32
Keep in mind that they are only carbon fiber reinforced. They are not 100% carbon fiber props like ...

Yes...  They are from the exact same prop molds as the standard Nylon props.  Except they are colored black instead of white and they cost more money.  So again...   How does this extra cost benifit my P3Pro???
2015-7-8
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-9 08:37
Yes...  They are from the exact same prop molds as the standard Nylon props.  Except they are color ...

To be determined I suppose. I'm guessing the difference will not be noticeable -- and, most people will probably only buy them for looks.

www.PhantomHelp.com
2015-7-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-9 08:37
Yes...  They are from the exact same prop molds as the standard Nylon props.  Except they are color ...

I have several sets coming to me.  I will let you know if I see any difference between the two.
2015-7-8
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Carbon fiber is both stiff and strong. If the prop is stiffer it deflects less yielding greater efficiency.

It's like comparing an aluminum verses a stainless steel boat propeller. Stiffer prop means you have to run less pitch since the prop keeps it's shape.

As for the the DJI carbon fiber prop, unless I did beam shears, I can't tell you if the prop is stiffer than the present 9450 white composite prop being sold.
2015-7-8
Use props
dub23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332687 ft
Australia

Anyone received these yet and have any feedback on performance?
2015-7-25
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I received mine yesterday, but due to either too much wind (yesterday) or pouring rain (today) haven't been able to test them yet. Earliest next weekend now.

I don't have scales precise enough to detailed measures, but at least according to my electronic kitchen scales the carbon fiber ones seem to be about 1 gram lighter (unlike the comparison in the video linked above). They seem to flex slightly less than the original ones, but are not absolutely rigid like 3rd party ones I've had for my P1 previously.
2015-7-26
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

They are stiffer and weigh less.
2015-7-26
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

The chopper seems to be more responsive to me. That's is strictly opinion however, as I have no scientific data to back this claim up.
2015-7-26
Use props
fansca3f4894
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1709035 ft
United States

i changed my stock props out to the yellow stripe dji 9450 props, and the stability is absolutely better, steadier landing, more responsive turns...i LIKE EM !!!!!!!
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules