A quick 3 mile out over water flight.
1662 14 2015-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akaemit02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5894029 ft
United States

I am one of the lucky ones to be use the lastest firmware and app update and have no problems. I love the range on the P3.

2015-7-7
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

Wow, I have to admit that was very brave! I would never fly so far over water
Anyway, is this some sunken road? It looks cool!
2015-7-7
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I purchased one of these.  You might invest in something just in case.  It's a cheap recovery tool

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o09_s00
2015-7-7
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-7 22:18
I purchased one of these.  You might invest in something just in case.  It's a cheap recovery tool

Thanks for the advice I will look into it.
2015-7-7
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
United States

Vampiszon Posted at 2015-7-7 21:53
Wow, I have to admit that was very brave! I would never fly so far over water
Anyway, is this some ...

Some say im crazy for things i do lol. I just figured it was the only way i could test the range without harming someone else and flying higher than 400 ft. Thanks for watching
2015-7-7
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-7 22:18

"Brilliant" idea...
If your quad falls into the middle of a lake, all you need to do is borrow someone's boat and locate the little magic yellow thingy. Ummm.. okay
Oh, by the way, If it falls into water IT'S  F***ED ANYWAY, jezzzz
2015-7-7
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Vampiszon Posted at 2015-7-8 00:39
"Brilliant" idea...
If your quad falls into the middle of a lake, all you need to do is borrow some ...

If you are ok with it going into the water and loosing it ok.   I fly over ponds and lakes but around the edge and while the elctronics are fried,   DJI will still want you to send it in if you can.  It has an SD card built into  it with flight data.  There's also parts you can use off of it if you choose to buy another.  It's nice to have an props, motors, extra shell, landing gear, whatever you can salvage. Maybe the camera since I've read where dew can mess with it and you can allow it to dry out and it will work.  Who knows.   It's not a total scrap if you find it.    It's up to you.  
I like to repair things.   I already have an extra mainboard I got from one of the very first crashes, I got off ebay for cheap.
2015-7-7
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-8 01:02
If you are ok with it going into the water and loosing it ok.   I fly over ponds and lakes but arou ...

I would want to recover it to see the footage from the camera since it will be recorded the whole time over water.
2015-7-7
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Akaemit02 Posted at 2015-7-8 02:23
I would want to recover it to see the footage from the camera since it will be recorded the whole  ...

Yep, getting my SD card back is worth the 15 bucks I spent on the recover tool.  I can use that in anything and they usually don't go bad when submersed in water.
2015-7-7
Use props
kevinobaby.gmai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3513835 ft
United States

What was your battery % upon landing? Did you use ATTI mode at any point to fly faster? Did you have HD link for the whole flight? I just find myself curious. Way to go for it!
2015-7-8
Use props
challenger451
lvl.2

United States

So actually you flew 6 miles, because you had to make it back.  Your video is right at 6 min. which would be around 35 mph.  Did you catch a tail wind coming back?  I'm curious about how much batter you had also.
2015-7-8
Use props
andrelundin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060 ft
Sweden

Not bad! I actually made it to 5km(3.1miles) - one way before the image transmission broke up, the other day. Clear sky and not much wind that day either.
I turned around when I was at 58% so I was pretty nervous bringing it back. Landed it at 12% thou so had a bit left for emergency-landing.
Pretty good to know what they go for anyhow.

I was flying P-GPS-mode all the time btw.
2015-7-9
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
United States

kevinobaby.gmai Posted at 2015-7-9 06:47
What was your battery % upon landing? Did you use ATTI mode at any point to fly faster? Did you have ...

Yes i used ATTI mode on the way back . If im correct i had plenty battery left because my 30% warning did turn on when i was landing.
2015-7-13
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
United States

challenger451@c Posted at 2015-7-9 07:31
So actually you flew 6 miles, because you had to make it back.  Your video is right at 6 min. which  ...

Yeah i use the wind to help me come back home just in incase in lost signal i dont want it fighting the wind. I would say i was around 30% battery im not sure cause i was not paying attention to it. i do know it hit 40+ on the way back
2015-7-13
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
United States

andrelundin@me. Posted at 2015-7-9 17:23
Not bad! I actually made it to 5km(3.1miles) - one way before the image transmission broke up, the o ...

On my next range test i will push for 3.5 miles . I also use ATTI on the way back so it flies faster.
2015-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules