to update or not to update?
792 4 2021-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

I just got my air 2. Super windy and cold today, so I hooked it to assistant 2, it wants me to update the controller and Air 2. My current firmware is:

Quad is on 1.00.0250

The controller is on 01.00.0108.

I have old copper wire internet here and it is typically slow. I do however have high speed at work. Or I was wondering, can I use my cell phone as a hot spot, and connect the computer through that, for faster download, and updating? Thanks for your thoughts. Appreciate it.
2021-1-31
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Why not just perform firmware updates via the Fly app? There is an option to automatically download FW updates to your phone/tablet when new updates are available. Then you don't have to worry about failed download attempts since it has already been downloaded. The setting can be found under Profile => Settings => Aircraft Firmware Update => Firmware Auto Download.
2021-1-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JimDandy. Thanks for reaching out! Yes, that option would also work, or has already been suggested, you can update it via the DJI Fly.
2021-1-31
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 1-31 19:29
Why not just perform firmware updates via the Fly app? There is an option to automatically download FW updates to your phone/tablet when new updates are available. Then you don't have to worry about failed download attempts since it has already been downloaded. The setting can be found under Profile => Settings => Aircraft Firmware Update => Firmware Auto Download.

Thank you, I will allow that setting in the Dji Fly App, and do it that way.
2021-2-1
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

You don’t even need to check for the new firmware manually, as soon as DJI Fly connects to the Mavic Air 2 it will check. If you are on the aircraft page it will display an update prompt after a few seconds.

There will be updates for the controller, the drone, and each of your batteries. The inserted battery will be updated with the drone, but after that you’ll have to power up the drone with any additional batteries you have. Again all you have to do is let DJI Fly sit at the aircraft page, or you can do the check manually from the settings page.
2021-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules