Mavic 2 zoom in the rain.
2926 5 2021-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eD1JjlUU01t5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369984 ft
United States

I just left the discussion about flying your mavic in the rain I have a mavic 2 zoom and yes you can fly it in the rain I have flown mine in the rain today will be the fourth time what I do is I tape all the seams with duct tape I just take one piece of duct tape and I put it from the nose all the way to the tail you can still use the button with the duct tape in place I then take one crosswise across the front seam of where the battery is positioned and I leave another another piece of duct tape parallel with the nose and tail of the drone but I leave it about an inch inch and a half longer than it needs to be so that it drapes on each side and covers any possibility of going into the seams of the battery I've read a comment about when you fly forward the rain will go in behind the gimbal but in reality if you think about it when you fly forward the drone is tilted forward and you can even exaggerate that in settings I haven't had a problem I've not done a full half hour flight in the rain but I've done 20 minutes three different times I mean hell if you're not nervous when you're flying you're not flying.
2021-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So your blocking the air intakes used for cooling with the tape?
2021-2-1
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 02:28
So your blocking the air intakes used for cooling with the tape?

Thats what i was thinking too. Dont sound like a good idea to me. Everybody can do what they want tho, its there $....i just never seen electronics,  and water mix well.
2021-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Djimaniac Posted at 2-1 05:03
Thats what i was thinking too. Dont sound like a good idea to me. Everybody can do what they want tho, its there $....i just never seen electronics,  and water mix well.

Sounds like a terrible idea to me.
2021-2-1
Use props
fans0242e6d5
New

United Kingdom

Thats a load of crapp covering your drone with duct tape to fly in rain. Your talking electronic circuitry here the answer is no anyone with any sense don't try flying a piece of kit costing huge amounts of money in rain.
2-4 03:41
Use props
ethan_weitz0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228829 ft
United States

I wonder if 3d printing vent extenders could work. Any using a crap ton of resin on the electronics
3-11 07:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules