Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Discharging Batteries
1706 7 2021-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FarP6025
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476470 ft
Australia

Can anyone advise me on what battery monitor or discharge gauge I could buy to accurately discharge my drone batteries. I want to discharge them and store them accurately to 50% and would like a gauge has an alarm to tell me when the batteries get to a certain level. I don't want to use my drone all the time to run them down. Can anyone advise of a good battery monitor to buy?
2021-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not too accurate,  but the USB adapter for the battery works well to charge something else and just keep an eye on the battery gauge on top.
2021-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is the one I have - https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Bat ... hones/dp/B07GPLYSCP
2021-2-1
Use props
FarP6025
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 02:27
This is the one I have - https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Battery-Adapter-Adaptor-Smartphones/dp/B07GPLYSCP

Thank you. I have that adapter but didn't really know what it was for. Thanks. Is there any way of knowing accurately what % the battery is at or do you just wait for the flashing lights on the battery to go half way?
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FarP6025. Thank  you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. In addition to this post the DJI Mavic 2 Pro has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to less than 70% of the maximum battery level when it is idle for more than 10 days. It takes approximately three to four days to discharge the said battery to 60%. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list for on how to store the intelligent flight battery and safety guidelines. Thank you.

2021-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FarP6025 Posted at 2-1 18:29
Thank you. I have that adapter but didn't really know what it was for. Thanks. Is there any way of knowing accurately what % the battery is at or do you just wait for the flashing lights on the battery to go half way?

I do it the old fashioned way and check the status,   but if you have the M2P you can set the discharge time on the batteries and they discharge themselves to the right level after that time.
2021-2-2
Use props
FarP6025
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 23:58
Hello there FarP6025. Thank  you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. In addition to this post the DJI Mavic 2 Pro has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to less than 70% of the maximum battery level when it is idle for more than 10 days. It takes approximately three to four days to discharge the said battery to 60%. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list for on how to store the intelligent flight battery and safety guidelines. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen,
Thank you for your help. Yes I was aware of this, but I was just trying to figure out how to discharge the batteries quickly and accurately without using my drone or waiting for them to automatically discharge. Recently I was on a roadtrip and planned to fly that morning before I left. I had 2 full batteries. Due to higher than expected winds that morning I realised I wouldn't be able to fly, so was left with 2 fully charged batteries. I then had to get in a car and travel for 8 hours. I wanted the batteries to be discharged to 40-60% for the journey as recommended. Other than flying my drone, I had no other way of quickly depleting my batteries in time for the car trip. So wanted to know if there was a monitor or gauge of some sort of equipment I could buy to tell me the power level and discharge the batteries quickly. Please advise if you know of anything? Thank you
2021-2-2
Use props
FarP6025
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 00:57
I do it the old fashioned way and check the status,   but if you have the M2P you can set the discharge time on the batteries and they discharge themselves to the right level after that time.

Thank you. Yes I think I will set it to a couple of days instead.
2021-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules