58259 123 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mamatdv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9295 ft
France

Hello DJI

I saw in november 2020 that SDK for mini 2 will not be release (soon ?).

Did you changed our plan in this new year ?

Thanks.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI-William
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We don't have any plans to support Mavic Mini 2 yet.
2021-2-1
Use props
Mamatdv
lvl.1
France

Why do you support the DJI MAvic mini and not the DJI Mini 2?
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_uHtCkxDgChxR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38540 ft

Italy

DJI-William Posted at 2-1 19:49

Seriously, I think supporting the mini 2 would open a bunch of new opportunities considering its weight and camera capabilities.
2021-2-20
Use props
Tempomaster
lvl.3
Germany

I am also interested in when the SDK support of the Mini 2 can be expected.
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_y4jMoEZbky6N
lvl.1

Spain

Same here! As a developer I can't wait for the sdk to be released
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_MA38c2yWM2wR
New

France

Like other, I'm waiting the SDK for MINI 2
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also waiting for the Mobile SDK to be updated.  
2021-3-6
Use props
fansbe7c0ea9
New
Flight distance : 7500 ft
Spain

DJI-William Posted at 2-1 19:49

Hi maybe DJI doesn't work in SDK for mini 2 because they’d buy the magic air 2 or another.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_0EylMrISY7TQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Norway

Waiting for the DJI mini 2 sdk. Any news when we can expect it?
2021-3-9
Use props
mamat_dv
lvl.1
France

fansbe7c0ea9 Posted at 3-7 08:32
Hi maybe DJI doesn't work in SDK for mini 2 because they’d buy the magic air 2 or another.

I think the same think. If DJI publish SDK, 3rd party dev will bring features like active track which are reserved to more expensive drone.
2021-3-9
Use props
CopterTamer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 947910 ft
Germany

I think DJI is sleeping. SDK Road Map is outdated couple of months. Developer will lose interest for Mini 2
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_V6L0yt8u0Rta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18573 ft
Switzerland

I bought the mini 2 specifically for the sdk - please make this a reality!

It does not replace products, the mini 2 is still very fragile in even low winds, but good in restricted airspace.. and cheap enough to get in addition to all other drones. I use it and the mavic 2 on all site visits.

I SOLD MY MINI to get this, no possibility of dronelink is a real shame, and will mean anyone should hesitate to be an early buyer of DJI products !
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_AKzIF9hwnbM6
New

Denmark

Hello DJI

I am very interested in the SDK fir the mini 2. Due to lave restriktions and travel I cannot use a bigger drone.
So, please....
2021-3-15
Use props
mamat_dv
lvl.1
France

Finally, I sold it and I bought a Mavic air 2.
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_3GYXqxBxSBxf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896565 ft
United Kingdom

That's sad.

I'm hoping the Mini 2 SDK will be out in the next few months, but that assumes it takes a while to create and DJI are working on it; else they would have done it already?
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_3GYXqxBxSBxf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896565 ft
United Kingdom

Litchi believe in the next quarter:

https://touch.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5849732441707241&id=1063612393652627
2021-3-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_3GYXqxBxSBxf Posted at 3-20 04:13

https://touch.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5849732441707241&id=1063612393652627

I hope litchi right.

I also understand if dji decides to not release it, since it a such good drone so it would compete to much with the other ones.

And if that happens, I have a solution. We can write our own. In fact I've already started, but my job takes to much time. If we get enough people willing to spend some time it's doable. We could split the tasks.

I've already got takeoff/record/virtualstick to work on the mini2 and with much higher speeds as a bonus :-)
My biggest problem right now is that it stops within a radius of 50m or so. So I havn't got the startup sequence right I guess.
2021-3-20
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-20 05:32
I hope litchi right.

I also understand if dji decides to not release it, since it a such good drone so it would compete to much with the other ones.

Have you hacked the drone firmware?
2021-3-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Super pilot Posted at 3-20 07:07
Have you hacked the drone firmware?

No need to hack anything. I'm using the ordinary SDK(for air2), just calls different things thats kind of undocumented.

The firmware has nothing to do with the sdk.
2021-3-20
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-20 10:48
No need to hack anything. I'm using the ordinary SDK(for air2), just calls different things thats kind of undocumented.

The firmware has nothing to do with the sdk.

The firmware is most directly related to the SDK. If DJI wants to, then it is enough to make small specific changes to the new firmware version for any drone and the SDK will completely cease to function. The SDK is an intermediary that makes it easier for third-party developers to interact with the drone's firmware.
2021-3-21
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Super pilot Posted at 3-21 05:17
The firmware is most directly related to the SDK. If DJI wants to, then it is enough to make small specific changes to the new firmware version for any drone and the SDK will completely cease to function. The SDK is an intermediary that makes it easier for third-party developers to interact with the drone's firmware.

You don't have a clue of what you talking about.
Can you give one single example of firmware change that made SDK 'cease to function'

The underlying dumldore messages has been looking the same since at least phantom4. Even the non consumers drone using the exact same msg..
They havn't changed at all. Just google it, theres a lot of info on the net.

There have been a couple parameter swaps, but that is taken care of in the middlelayer. The sdk is a a thin layer, it only makes some range checks, some state machines.
2021-3-21
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-21 13:46
You don't have a clue of what you talking about.
Can you give one single example of firmware change that made SDK 'cease to function'

In the firmware of the drone, it is enough to add a check of a special marker from the signal coming from the remote control. And in the firmware of the remote control - checking the correctness of the connected SDK. If the connected SDK does not have a built-in secret key specified by DJI developers, the remote control either completely stops sending signals to the drone, or sends it with the "Do not accept commands" marker.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

djiuser_3GYXqxBxSBxf Posted at 3-20 04:13

Interesting, I wonder where Litchi are getting that information as the Mobile SDK roadmap for June 2021 mentions nothing about the Mini 2

https://developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk
2021-3-22
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA Posted at 3-22 14:32
Interesting, I wonder where Litchi are getting that information as the Mobile SDK roadmap for June 2021 mentions nothing about the Mini 2

https://developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk

Not a good sign.

Thanks for the info!
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-20 05:32
I hope litchi right.

I also understand if dji decides to not release it, since it a such good drone so it would compete to much with the other ones.

Oh wow awesome find! So does it work with virtual stick commands with the latest SDK 4.14!?! I tried it with 4.13 but it wasn't recognised by the SDK. I am happy to collaborate on something like this. I have done a bit of virtual stick stuff with the mini 1.0, just simple missions. Did you have to do anything specific to get it to accept commands/register?
2021-3-23
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA Posted at 3-23 13:16
Oh wow awesome find! So does it work with virtual stick commands with the latest SDK 4.14!?! I tried it with 4.13 but it wasn't recognised by the SDK. I am happy to collaborate on something like this. I have done a bit of virtual stick stuff with the mini 1.0, just simple missions. Did you have to do anything specific to get it to accept commands/register?

Nop it doesn't work through sdk com.dji:dji-sdk:4.14.1

I've got virtualstick to work by sending dumldore msg directly, but I havn't got the init sequence right.
When init with the fly app, I loose the videofeed, so I'm a little bit stuck. I decided not to spend more time on it.

Anyway the mini2 is capable of 10m/s ascent, it's a little beast, waiting to be tamed :-)

Mini2 reports as droneID=63. If anyone wants to continue.

I think litchi has got the wrong info from dji. Or we got it wrong :-) It's not uncommon with dji.
2021-3-23
Use props
h8id
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1285013 ft
Canada

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-23 14:13
Nop it doesn't work through sdk com.dji:dji-sdk:4.14.1

I've got virtualstick to work by sending dumldore msg directly, but I havn't got the init sequence right.

I think you could be closer than you are assuming... the video and range issues sounds an awful lot like: "If an application is not activated, the aircraft not bound (if required), or a legacy version of the SDK (< 4.1) is being used, all camera live streams will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a zone of 100m diameter and 30m height to ensure the aircraft stays within line of sight.". any of those conditions? This is only supposed to apply if you are in China, but maybe the droneID that is being used has some regional component identifying it as Chinese. Is there some way you can share your work?
2021-3-27
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

h8id Posted at 3-27 13:11
I think you could be closer than you are assuming... the video and range issues sounds an awful lot like: "If an application is not activated, the aircraft not bound (if required), or a legacy version of the SDK (< 4.1) is being used, all camera live streams will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a zone of 100m diameter and 30m height to ensure the aircraft stays within line of sight.". any of those conditions? This is only supposed to apply if you are in China, but maybe the droneID that is being used has some regional component identifying it as Chinese. Is there some way you can share your work?

Thanks,

I actually got it to work today. I mocked the drone type to a mavic air2 and it works!! Even with video feed and telemetry.
But this was with heavy function hooking, I don't know how to get that into an app though:-/

Anyway this shows it's possible! Just matter of time to someone gets it to work.

2021-3-28
Use props
nicdain
lvl.2
Italy

Also eagerly waiting for Mini2 SDK! Hope DJI will release soon
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_KFzXRcIH3XCc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54065 ft
United States

It looks like there are at least FOUR threads about this on the forum and yet I don't see a response from someone at DJI - according to this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9162&extra=page%3D1   -- the DJI support team said there are NO plans

On this thread it said there would be a release in Q2 as well:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4884&extra=page%3D1
All four threads:
DJI Mini 2 API support?
MSDK on Mini 2
SDK for mini 2
DJI Mini 2 SDK support

I agree with the dissatisfaction everyone has stated on this forum.  I didn't pay attention to the fine details when buying this as comparable products, including the predecessor mavic mini, all had API type support for third party applications, follow me, gps navigation etc.  So I was surprised that the product that replaced a predecessor with better video quality, battery life, and other capabilities lost a significant level of its value.  I would have not purchased it and should have returned it, now I have something I'm dissatisfied with and will not recommend to friends despite it's other great qualities.  
2021-4-12
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_KFzXRcIH3XCc Posted at 4-12 08:01
It looks like there are at least FOUR threads about this on the forum and yet I don't see a response from someone at DJI - according to this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9162&extra=page%3D1   -- the DJI support team said there are NO plans

I finally got it to work now. AC activated, livefeed, virtualsticks and video record
Livefeed is unstable though, so I would need some help with that please. Can someone give me some help with this please? I'm short of time.

Three lines of code, that's was all that was needed, beautiful hack :-)
I will upload a demo mission on yt later this week.
2021-4-12
Use props
fans9e1e3328
lvl.1

Australia

Typical DJI ripoff, you bring out the mini 2 just after we had bought the mavic mini so we needed to get rid of our Mavic Mini before we got stuck with something nobody wanted and now you won't release the SDK for the mini 2 which a lot of us need to use our mini with existing apps we have payed for and are now useless.
2021-4-15
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-12 11:20
I finally got it to work now. AC activated, livefeed, virtualsticks and video record
Livefeed is unstable though, so I would need some help with that please. Can someone give me some help with this please? I'm short of time.

I can't wait to "tune" my mini 2., but i guess it's a waste of time to wait for DJI. Will you inform us in the future about your progress, please.
Perhaps you (or someone else) can put a video on YT, because I'm a total neard in hacking.
I did tune the Mavic Pro in the past though. (with DUMLdore)
Much thanks in advance for your effort.
2021-4-16
Use props
fansa67c0f47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427592 ft
France

Really a pity from DJI to share so few visibility on these topics. I have already spent thousands in their drones (phantom 3, mavic pro, mini 2, fpv) and i feel sick about these artificial limits. Why cant a mini 2 or even air2s not use waypoints ? FPV goggles could easily support other drones than the fpv... Why not simply allow 3rd party apps and publish the sdk ? My old Mavic Pro is my Swiss knife and currently no recent drone can be used in such a flexible way.
2021-4-17
Use props
olympicbadger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 339357 ft
Finland

The Mini 2 is a particularly important product to support since it's one of the few drones that can be operated in urban areas in the EU after 2023. Not much sense spending hundreds or thousands in something that'll be scrap iron in less than two years for someone flying missions in the open A2 category. Instead we've got half the DJI staff saying "no plans" and the other half saying "plans, but no info when".
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_gdWiNVilZrEs
lvl.1

Germany

There should be a motivation on DJI side to support Mini 2 in the SDK. Just looking at the upcoming Fimi X8 mini it will be an easy possibility to stay competitive with features like active track. @DJI please support Mini 2 in SDK
2021-4-19
Use props
dermodmaster
lvl.1

Germany

@DJI , please work on the Mini 2 SDK. Im waiting for it as many others
2021-4-20
Use props
ast355
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It's such a good drone apart from this. Please support it!
2021-4-20
Use props
Dodo_99
New
Flight distance : 65682 ft
Germany

C‘mon DJI, I bet you have at least one clever guy to adapt this SDK to Mini 2
2021-4-23
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now