1234Next >
58239 123 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skynaut
New

Israel

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-12 11:20
I finally got it to work now. AC activated, livefeed, virtualsticks and video record
Livefeed is unstable though, so I would need some help with that please. Can someone give me some help with this please? I'm short of time.

Nice work! I should have some time and may be able to help

Any chance you could share those magic 3 lines?
2021-4-23
Use props
pl4sma2389
lvl.1
United States

It would be really nice to have SDK access for photogrammetry and GPS routing. How long did it take for SDK access for the Mavic Mini to become available after launch?
2021-4-23
Use props
albertox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38540 ft

Italy

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-12 11:20
I finally got it to work now. AC activated, livefeed, virtualsticks and video record
Livefeed is unstable though, so I would need some help with that please. Can someone give me some help with this please? I'm short of time.

If you need help I'm available and very interested in the cause!
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_21RK2cEa1J8Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149783 ft
Germany

albertox Posted at 4-26 02:01
If you need help I'm available and very interested in the cause!

I really dont think he has managed it otherwise why wouldn't he post the call interceptions he made.

Currently also digging into the subject. Unfortunately I have only the mini so I can not look at the start up sequence for a working drone like the mavic air 2. I just changed the string coming from the drone about model and manufacture date. This didn't work out.

So if anyone has a Mavic Air 2 and is willing to record logs and send me those, I can have a look.
2021-4-26
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_21RK2cEa1J8Z Posted at 4-26 03:40
I really dont think he has managed it otherwise why wouldn't he post the call interceptions he made.

Currently also digging into the subject. Unfortunately I have only the mini so I can not look at the start up sequence for a working drone like the mavic air 2. I just changed the string coming from the drone about model and manufacture date. This didn't work out.

Nice try.
Funny, when I asked for help I got no response at all.
When I got it working everyone wants to help. :-)
The video feed is still little shaky. When it goes down, I have to stop/start record for it to recover.

The mini2 has become my main development drone now.
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_21RK2cEa1J8Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149783 ft
Germany

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-26 14:02
Nice try.

I was not in the drone game back then. But to be honest how should someone help you without being able to communicate with the drone. Reverse Engineering is not on everyones plan even if they are Devs.

As I said I have traced enough to know where relevant things happen but I am lacking the knowledge what happens when a working drone is connected
2021-4-26
Use props
djiuser_5UXs30m2Cj9S
lvl.1

United States

DJI-William Posted at 2-1 19:49
We don't have any plans to support Mavic Mini 2 yet.

The SDK is supported on the Mavic Mini but no plans to support it on the Mini 2? What?!?  Wow...now this is how you alienate a HUGE portion of your customer base. This is EXACTLY why customers should not put their "stock" in DJI and why competition is needed. Otherwise we are at the mercy of one vendor's capricious and arbitrary self serving decisions.   
Personally I'll increasingly be looking to purchase other vendors drones. I already have the Parrot Anafi (and it's brilliant). The Fimi Mini supports both Active Tracking and Waypoints and that is why I recently purchased it rather than the Mini 2. The Hubsan Zino Mini Pro will likely support all of these intelligent modes...

DJI will drive away it's customers with these type of decisions. Vote with your dollars OR remain captive to DJI's completely self serving decisions.
2021-4-27
Use props
Ariel L
lvl.1
Philippines

I sold my DJI Mavic Mini to get the DJI MINI 2 hoping that I can still use my Dronelink for it. Now, my Dronelink app is useless and DJI does not even have plans to support it in future SDK release.

I hate this because even iif DJI planned this so users will upgrade, I am not considering upgrading because I like a small drone.  If there are competitors that will have an SDK I would sell my DJI and switch.

This is frustrating. After waiting for months there is still no news they will be supporting it.

DJI should be giving this option to the developers. I loved my DJI Mavic Mini for it but I had to sell it to my best friend who needed it badly, so I preordered my DJI Mini2.

DJI Please listen to your consumers. Don't be naive.

DJI mini2 users who wants SDK support, please flood this thread to show you want it so DJI can decide to support it.
2021-4-27
Use props
Smiglo666
New

Poland

Dodo_99 Posted at 4-23 03:10
C‘mon DJI, I bet you have at least one clever guy to adapt this SDK to Mini 2

yo yeah flood 'em!!! SCANDAL!!!11 we want S D K 4 mini2
2021-4-28
Use props
Sarge.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 804606 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Very disappointed in DJI. I purchased a Mini 2 having upgraded from a Mavic Mini assuming the SDK will be coming. I intend to return the drone given recent comments by DJI Developer Support stating there is no plan to support the Air 2S, Mini2
2021-4-29
Use props
twissmueller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55797 ft
Germany

DJI has released an official announcement a while ago on https://developer.dji.com titled "DJI MSDK iOS Update Delay Notice"

Under point 2 it says that DJI will "... postpone updating the MSDK iOS version ...".

Let's see how long this will take. I hope not too long.

There are people who develop apps for DJI drones that don't have to be approved through Apple, but of course in the long run this would be a complete bummer for DJI.
2021-4-29
Use props
djiuser_zYdDj0xJmQoL
New

Italy

Per me probabile che vendo questo giocattolo costoso e passo sulla concorrenza in uscita che sarà molto migliore. Peccato
2021-4-30
Use props
CopterTamer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 947910 ft
Germany

dji doesn't care what users want. It's all about as much profit as possible .. Sell my M2
2021-4-30
Use props
Skynaut
New

United Kingdom

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 4-26 14:02
Nice try.
I only recently got my Mini 2 to be fair and when checking the SDK status saw your previous post, wasn't just waiting for you to do the legwork

Anwyay the offer still stands, happy to help Would be good if you could share your progress though so we don't need to reinvent the wheel and can focus on the video issues/anything else that needs doing

Should we set up some sort of group or repo or something to share progress?
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_TVGnvGlLrQBs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9101122 ft
Indonesia

we want sdk for mini 2
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_XIEPGB3mh3ES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30151 ft
Portugal

I just bought a mini 2. Any news when the ask will be available? Very disappointed that ask is not already available.
2021-5-2
Use props
user0973e59165
New

United States

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-28 10:01
Thanks,

I actually got it to work today. I mocked the drone type to a mavic air2 and it works!! Even with video feed and telemetry.

Did you publish your code anywhere? On github maybe? I'd also be interested in taking a stab at improving it!
2021-5-2
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

user0973e59165 Posted at 5-2 18:45
Did you publish your code anywhere? On github maybe? I'd also be interested in taking a stab at improving it!

Thats my plan.
It's not ready yet. I have one user that will try my mapping mission out. He was the only one that contacted me when I asked for help. One. Even if he didn't do any coding, the discussion led to the solution.

It will be realeased on github, all in python. When I do that you welcome.
I have a fulltime job, so it's hard to say when.

Anyway, I shown that it's possible with the existing mini2, most things work now.

I run a mission in the weekend.:
https://app.airdata.com/share/DyUcQz

2021-5-2
Use props
thalon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49012 ft
Germany

Hi guys,

I just came across this thread. I bought a Mini 2 in January because it is a current drone and I had therefore hoped for very good software support over a long period of time. It was also my choice because it weighs less than 250 g. I live in the EU and the use of heavy drones will soon be severely restricted here. The big Mavic is unfortunately not an alternative for me.

I have a severe physical disability, so I cannot operate the controller with my hands. That's why I started looking for alternative operating options. When I bought the drone, I also had in mind that DJI has an SDK. I'm a developer myself, so I could definitely do something with it. Now I'm a bit surprised that the SDK for the Mini 2 doesn't work. That would have been a super elegant way of granting me control in terms of software (for example using virtual sticks). That this is not possible now is super disappointing and I find that even in this respect discriminatory towards disabled people.

Of course, I can also try other ways, for example somehow accessing the hardware of the remote control and bypassing the joysticks or controlling them with small linear motors. But of course none of this is as elegant as a software solution.

That's why I make a clear request to DJI to make the SDK compatible with the Mini 2 in order to end the discrimination.

Maybe you, @Mats , can also help with your unofficial solution? That would be great, super awesome and I would be infinitely grateful to you.

By the way, there is also a thread on my problem in the normal customer forum. However, I haven't received any answers yet. Not from other community members and unfortunately not from DJI itself. I also find that actually a pretty bad customer service. Here is the link to it: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241562

Lovely wishes

Chris
2021-5-4
Use props
fansfba78fec
New

United States

GIMME. THE. SDK.
2021-5-4
Use props
M4xw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306634 ft
Germany

I've made some progress on this independently myself and the results so far seem promising. Lots of stuff is working with a spoofed SDK, the only thing breaking in the v4 SDK is the DJICodecManager not handling the avc video stream correctly (only the first frame displays correctly, artifacts after. Implies a stream or window size issue). Doesn't seem related to my hook tho and a custom decoder implementation is trivial. Otherwise everything expected seems functional in the simulator mode. Wasn't able to actually test it outside yet as weather didn't allow. I don't want to take a dump on DJI's doorstep, so if anyone wants to test it (and can ideally test against known-working code for the Mavic Mini), DM me and include "I want to try the SDK spoof on my own risk and I am aware of the involved risk". If you go "giff sdk" then you waste my time.

After having both analyzed the SDK v4 and the dji.go.v5 app (its hilariously obfuscated, in a decade as engineer in the security sector i've rare seen malware, even govt malware, that strongly protected, nontheless easy to defeat), I reached the conclusion that the SDK v5 and SDK v4 codebases diverged enough that they cant be bothered spending time backporting the Mini 2 relevant changes. I also dont spot the CodecManager but that might be renamed. So as a educated guess, SDK support for Mini 2 would come with the release of mobile SDK v5 and theres no plan of supporting it in the SDK v4.

Would love actually hearing a dji dev's opinion
2021-5-5
Use props
M4xw
lvl.2
Germany

fwiw seems i confirmed the video decoding issue is a samsung s21 problem, exynos ...s itself with the decoder impl in the used sdk ver. Works on my S6
2021-5-5
Use props
M4xw
lvl.2
Germany

Successfully made my first autonomous flight with a modded rosettadrone.
Will do a translation layer for the Waypoint missions and we can get groundstation mission upload going
Currently just made a little parser for KML to push it to the virtstick
2021-5-6
Use props
djiuser_p2GDs08PS8s3
New

Czechia

Hi guys. I got the email today from dji sdk support.
It gives me hope. For follow me and other stuff.

Luce Luo (DJI)

2021年5月7日 GMT+817:12

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
The Mavic Mini 2 drone will be supported by the SDK in 5.0 version.
But there is no exact date for it, please attention to the SDK roadmap if any update in the future.
//developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk

Thanks,

Luce Luo
DJI Developer Support
2021-5-7
Use props
M4xw
lvl.2
Germany

So i was on the money. Glorious miss-communication between devs and dev support. Or we whipped them enough.
2021-5-7
Use props
Hellboy6
lvl.1

Greece

That's great news! I just ordered mine yesterday. When do you guys believe are we going to see an implementation of new features from a third party developer?
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_OwkIRaPmVDhw
New

Bulgaria

DJI-William Posted at 2-1 19:49
We don't have any plans to support Mavic Mini 2 yet.

who's we? since you're trying to imply you speak for dji, you ought to know there's no such thing as a "mavic mini 2". maybe you'd be more convincing if you used the actual product name.
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_p2GDs08PS8s3
New

Czechia

I wrote him dji mini 2, but he responded mavic mini 2. But maybe dji employees calling it mavic mini 2. Dunno.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_p2GDs08PS8s3
New

Czechia

Man I dont need need to convience anyone.  There is a screenshot from my mail where i received this message.
Screenshot_20210509-200447_Emailcz.jpg
2021-5-9
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

djiuser_p2GDs08PS8s3 Posted at 5-9 10:05
Man I dont need need to convience anyone.  There is a screenshot from my mail where i received this message.

It doesn't matter what DJI employees call their products, they, getting used to the name Mavic, may be wrong. Go to dji.com and see the official product names. DJI Mini 2.
2021-5-10
Use props
M4xw
lvl.2
Germany

Both are correct actually..
2021-5-10
Use props
BillyB
New

United Kingdom

We need the SDK!!!!
2021-5-15
Use props
donhsi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150633 ft
  • >>>
China

djiuser_p2GDs08PS8s3 Posted at 5-7 07:11
Hi guys. I got the email today from dji sdk support.
It gives me hope. For follow me and other stuff.

thks for the info, this is great news! now we just need to wait patiently...
2021-5-16
Use props
dajinni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18573 ft
Switzerland

Ariel L Posted at 4-27 13:51
I sold my DJI Mavic Mini to get the DJI MINI 2 hoping that I can still use my Dronelink for it. Now, my Dronelink app is useless and DJI does not even have plans to support it in future SDK release.

I hate this because even iif DJI planned this so users will upgrade, I am not considering upgrading because I like a small drone.  If there are competitors that will have an SDK I would sell my DJI and switch.

I did the same .. or rather I gave the mini to a colleague  ... very frustrated.
2021-5-16
Use props
Sharaabi
New

India

Every One is waiting for SDK and it seems DJI is loosing the trust now. This way people will shift to other Manufacturers and DJI will loose many of the customers. People want MINI 2 because of 250grams restrictions in most of countries.
DJI you are loosing the trust.
Better come with SDK ASAP.
Some time you need to do things for greater Good.
People will buy your drones as they will be assured that  you will give them opportunity to use your drones full potential with 3rd party apps which is not possible without SDK.
WAKEUP DJI, Release the SDK ASAP.
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_RbSBx3WYiSAB
New

Bulgaria

^ Definitely agree with this statement. I am literally witholding any purchases from DJI until we get a confirmation. The whole communication seems a little too clumsy at the moment...
2021-5-20
Use props
j.preszligler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122064 ft
Spain

We need the SDK!!!!
2021-5-20
Use props
skyfly200
New

United States

djiuser_5UXs30m2Cj9S Posted at 4-27 10:53
The SDK is supported on the Mavic Mini but no plans to support it on the Mini 2? What?!?  Wow...now this is how you alienate a HUGE portion of your customer base. This is EXACTLY why customers should not put their "stock" in DJI and why competition is needed. Otherwise we are at the mercy of one vendor's capricious and arbitrary self serving decisions.   
Personally I'll increasingly be looking to purchase other vendors drones. I already have the Parrot Anafi (and it's brilliant). The Fimi Mini supports both Active Tracking and Waypoints and that is why I recently purchased it rather than the Mini 2. The Hubsan Zino Mini Pro will likely support all of these intelligent modes...

Yeah, same here. Bought a mini 2 and then realized its limits without this SDK are just ridiculous. I am looking at other drones now to get those features and won't consider the other DJI products if they are going to nerf my existing ones. Bad strategy DJI!!!!
2021-5-20
Use props
M4xw
lvl.2
Germany

Just released my rosettadrone2 fork with mini 2 support on github, just search my repos, since i dont want to link it here.
also has support for the litchi style csv export from metashape for wp missions via virtstick.

Make sure you know what you are doing.
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_wpeXw5a35njx
New

Germany

Oh DJI, hundreds of people are waiting for SDK Mini 2. Let it out soon please!
2021-5-22
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules