872 4 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80410 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Guys!
Exciting to be here! I've had my DJI drone a few days already a lot of flight time but i had an oopsie over the weekend...

My drone took a dive into the floods/ponds i was filming... flight data shows my sticks were asking for more altitude, rookie mistake of the water messing with the sensors. The drone dipped into the water, then shot up 10m and i was able to make it limp back to me dripping.

After receiving IMU, gimble overload and stuck and connectivity errors, the gimble made a hissing noise and burning smell as well as an unsteady drone, led's doing crazy flickering, i let it all dry off. this morning... all seems okay? This would have been murky freshwater rather than salt water.

My question is...

Should I act upon my DJI Care refresh and know not to fly too close in future? as I have read a few places water issues can lay dorment for a few flights then really mess things up, or do you think i was lucky? I'm feeling rather nervous about the drone in case it decides to drop out the sky in the future because of this and i have no way of retrieving it.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there djiguy93. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and you are now experiencing this issue on ther said DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment on the said drone and for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and please stay safe always.
2021-2-1
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Water and electronics don't mix well, hope you get it checked out!
2021-2-1
Use props
djiguy93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80410 ft
United Kingdom

Hmmm, thanks Videoeditman. I guess the part of me not sending it is the 'little boy on Christmas Day' scenario in not wanting to lose my new toy for a week or so. I will send it for a DJI Care Refresh replacement making sure I don't have any future issues. Thanks again!
2021-2-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Good choice! You cannot beat peace of mind! Stay safe!
2021-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules