38115 215 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daannie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123481 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_QxhZgcqHyqKN Posted at 2-20 01:31
this shouldn't be a criticism of DJI. The S20 Plus and S20 Ultra have been on the market for a while and have not yet run with the FlyApp.
It can take a while for the S21 to run.

I had an S20 ultra and that one worked like shine!
I have to be patient. I will!
2021-2-20
Use props
djiuser_CYHqSCNr2ioL
New
Flight distance : 90804 ft
Russia

The same issue with S21 (Exynos) - live stream while recording 4K works only in case of 24fps set.
2021-2-20
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

What I liked is that their saying "testing compatibility "  I don't have the Mimi2 like you can see but I do fly my Air2 with a Tab s3 which is great and like mentioned your responsible for your drone so Care free may not work for DJI or who ever is flying.
2021-2-21
Use props
fansa61f483a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293284 ft
Netherlands

Same problem here. Just came in today... Ran into this issue... Thinking about returning the drone...
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_AoYcv5sVKrzg
New
Flight distance : 15630 ft
United Kingdom

I have the S21 and have the same issue whilst in 4K mode. If i reduce to 2.7k then all is good. What i did find that even though the screen was frozen it did record the flight (only tried this for 5 seconds). DJI really needs to push out another firmware upgrade. Having to use my old Huawei in the meantime!!
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_tDPK2yXgJBV7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1127201 ft
Ireland

Daannie Posted at 2-1 08:57
It films in 2,7K I use another old phone for the mini. Very incovenient!

The same thing happened to me today and i hope dji can fix this issue
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_tDPK2yXgJBV7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1127201 ft
Ireland

Its working on 4k 24fps
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_C7OblvYuscUl
New
Flight distance : 1434147 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi there, Its Luis from Spain. Same to me. S21 ultra with Exynos 2100 not working, just in 4k 24fps. We need wait for update with our mobiles.. between (and happily) I have a galaxy A71, and work perfectly with it and with my tab Galaxy A7. Patience, we need wait for an update..
Regards
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_SLcvUr8yuXA5
New
Flight distance : 150328 ft
United States

I have the same problem place fix this
2021-3-2
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_SLcvUr8yuXA5 Posted at 3-2 14:24
I have the same problem place fix this

Just received my s21 ultra two hours ago, On a few other post about s21 ultra and their working with the snapdragon chip set. After I get everything transfer we'll see.
2021-3-2
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Just went out and flew with my  newly acquired Galaxy s21 Ultra using the new 1.3 app all went well after three batteries.Just realized that this was a Mini 2 post and I'm flying a Air2 same controller.
2021-3-3
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

3Recon Posted at 3-3 23:54
Just went out and flew with my  newly acquired Galaxy s21 Ultra using the new 1.3 app all went well after three batteries.Just realized that this was a Mini 2 post and I'm flying a Air2 same controller.

Do you have the exynos version or the snapdragon (it was already confirmed that issue is only with exynos version), cause I have tried today with the same 1.3 version and firmware update on mini 2, still no video on 4k 25fps and 30 fps.

It records the video, but the image is frozen while recording. So not good for flying.
2021-3-4
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_AoYcv5sVKrzg Posted at 2-27 11:44
I have the S21 and have the same issue whilst in 4K mode. If i reduce to 2.7k then all is good. What i did find that even though the screen was frozen it did record the flight (only tried this for 5 seconds). DJI really needs to push out another firmware upgrade. Having to use my old Huawei in the meantime!!

For me, I can shoot in 4k but only with 24fps.

if i change to 25 or 30fps image is frozen
2021-3-4
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 21:30
Hello there Daannie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention and in addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application.. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Can we get an ETA for a fix? It is a shame that the only solution you provide is that we purchase a cheaper device to work with DJI drones, when your solution should be, "we are working on fix to be released ASAP"

I'm really disappointed with they customers are being treated. I speak for myself that I feel that DJI does not listen to the community.

This issue should have been fixed by now.
2021-3-4
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

DonGuido Posted at 3-4 14:04
Do you have the exynos version or the snapdragon (it was already confirmed that issue is only with exynos version), cause I have tried today with the same 1.3 version and firmware update on mini 2, still no video on 4k 25fps and 30 fps.

It records the video, but the image is frozen while recording. So not good for flying.

Sorry about that, yes I do have the Snapdragon chipset. Just confirming (not needed) that the Samsung exynos chipset has some more differences . Has anyone let Samsung know or checked on their forum for any post? that  there are some more glitches and is DJI R&D making any head way?
Not everyone can go out  and get an additional device.
2021-3-5
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
United Kingdom

3Recon Posted at 3-5 11:55
Sorry about that, yes I do have the Snapdragon chipset. Just confirming (not needed) that the Samsung exynos chipset has some more differences . Has anyone let Samsung know or checked on their forum for any post? that  there are some more glitches and is DJI R&D making any head way?
Not everyone can go out  and get an additional device.

I wish they were doing something to solve it. It was reported as soon as the device came out. Moderators only advise to purchase a new device.
2021-3-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Too bad,

That`s why i use old proven android devices just for my drones!
Top of the bill new phones are not for drones.... ;-)

And i can make/answering a phone call and fly a drone at the same time....

cheers
JJB

2021-3-6
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 3-6 09:10
Too bad,

That`s why i use old proven android devices just for my drones!

Well, my S20 ultea was working like shine and the S21Ultra not.
2021-3-6
Use props
fans017bca4d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I have an old LG G4 and it is 100% compatible
2021-3-6
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093816 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Having the same issue with a s21 exynos (Portugal)

It's a bummer...
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_B5pu6pg1Efub
lvl.1

Australia

So the snapdragon version has no issues. Interesting. I can still use 4k @ 24fps. But the problem is you loose signal and app crashes. I was really hopeful when I saw the notification for new fly app version. But unfortunately it didn't fix it. I just hope dji fix this soon.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_B5pu6pg1Efub
lvl.1

Australia

Daannie Posted at 2-2 08:39
I guess you're right in that! I wait until the S21 ultra with Exynos processor is listed. Until then I use my old S8

I don't know if you noticed but they haven't even listed s20 ultra yet.
2021-3-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_B5pu6pg1Efub Posted at 3-10 02:56
So the snapdragon version has no issues. Interesting. I can still use 4k @ 24fps. But the problem is you loose signal and app crashes. I was really hopeful when I saw the notification for new fly app version. But unfortunately it didn't fix it. I just hope dji fix this soon.

this will never get fixed probably....the issues with exynos versions are since the beginning of the dji fly app. on my s8+ and note 8 app crashed, even crashed phone regularly on losing signal ,etc. this was with mini an year ago and on until i switched to to mini 2 and got an iphone. Seeing it happen with s21 i'm mostly certain they have no clue how to fix it, so i wouldn't put my hopes up. It is like that, hope they will at least get the 4k work, but don't expect it very soon...
2021-3-10
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Dji response is buy a compatible phone, they are not worried if your premium device is compatible or not, they don't want the trouble, so it is up to us to do something about, I'll look into possibilities for legal actions, my cousin works in a law firm and is talking to his colleagues about it.
2021-3-10
Use props
fans48e459d1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262287 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Waiting for an update or fix. Back to my drone iPhone 6s it is...
Thought I was done with using two phones from my s8 days and DJI spark. Still have issues today with my Exynos s21 ultra!
2021-3-15
Use props
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

DonGuido Posted at 3-10 14:56
Dji response is buy a compatible phone, they are not worried if your premium device is compatible or not, they don't want the trouble, so it is up to us to do something about, I'll look into possibilities for legal actions, my cousin works in a law firm and is talking to his colleagues about it.

Because taking DJI to court will be cheaper than buying a phone that IS on their compatibility list?
"The basis of our case is that DJI doesn't say this phone is compatible, and it isn't"
DJI don't stand a chance.
2021-3-15
Use props
Robin Evers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

Just to make things clear;
- This issue only occurs on the Exynos chipset
- This issue only occurs with 4k25fps and 4k30fp
- 4k24fps DOES work
- S21 with Snapdragon DOES work for all frame rates

I have the S21 5G Exynos and i never had signal losses or app crashes on 4k24fps
2021-3-16
Use props
santi8ago8
New
Flight distance : 130358 ft
Brazil

I have the same issue, but I didn't have a backup phone
(S21 Ultra Exinos chipset)
2021-3-16
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have the same problem. S21 Ultra Exynos version. If DJI do not fix this issue, I must return my drone to amazon. Refund the money.

I honestly do not care that the phone is very new, DJI must support the most popular phones of the most common brands.

Dji has a lot of money and a lot of resources, he can buy the top of the range phone of each brand, and adapt his software.

Also the problem cannot be the phone, but some internal configuration of the app.

If I use the same version of the app 1.3.0 (928) with the Mavic Air 2, and the same phone (s21 Ultra) the application is perfect and does not freeze when recording in 4k and 30fps. So it is shown that it is not the fault of the phone, but of the part of the app that controls the mini 2.

2021-3-17
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

BEN_M16 Posted at 3-17 10:49
I have the same problem. S21 Ultra Exynos version. If DJI do not fix this issue, I must return my drone to amazon. Refund the money.

I honestly do not care that the phone is very new, DJI must support the most popular phones of the most common brands.

My question is now: what processor you have.  A Snapdragon or Exynos...?
2021-3-17
Use props
EversR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

BEN_M16 Posted at 3-17 10:49

Interesting.
Are you sure you're not running 24fps on the mavic air? Would be a very weird bug if it's specifically related to the mini 2 camera/processing... Good luck with debugging that..
2021-3-17
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

My S21 Ultra processor is Exynos.

Totally sure that with the Mavic AIR 2 and the app 1.3.0 (928) I can fly and record video perfectly at 4K and 30 fps without the image freezing on the S21 Ultra.

So it is clear that it is a software problem of the app, in the module that controls the mini 2. As I said using the same app and the same phone to control the AIR 2 works perfectly.

Say that both the AIR 2, the Mini 2 and the S21 Ultra, all are in the latest version of Firmware.
2021-3-17
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

I test the app 1.2.4 and the problem is the same.
2021-3-18
Use props
r4bbi7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2326 ft
Malaysia

Encountered the same thing. Using a S21 Ultra with Exynos proc. screen freezes when recording in 4k 30fps and 25fps. Only works on 24fps
No issues with the other resolution 2.7K or 1080. Any idea when the S21 Ultra will be compatible with it?
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_ZS48IyyVFwEA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1000935 ft
Canada

Hello, I have the same problem with my new Samsun S21ultra. It is absolutely not acceptable to have this problem with a new device. It is important to correct the situation quickly.   I also have a problem with saving photos or video in cache mode. The photo / video is only accessible via the SD card. Pathetic.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_Q8NDqAZ2aAhz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7559 ft

Israel

And I was scratching my head thinking memory card or drone well that on this forum found. Let's hope that soon this problem will be fixed either dji or Samsung
2021-3-30
Use props
gustavoppires
New

Brazil

Come on, DJI. Fix this already. The first reports about this issue started surfacing almost 2 months ago.
2021-4-7
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Have the same issue - Mini 2 + Galaxy S21U
2021-4-7
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

Have they mentioned they at least know this is a problem?
2021-4-7
Use props
Kurstak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361991 ft
Argentina

Same problem here, DJI Mini 2 + Galaxy S21 Ultra (Exynos 2100) from Argentina.
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules