Samsung s21 Utra not compatible
38090 215 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LexvdN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110295 ft
France

It is not only the filming, I can't get a stable video connection.
2021-6-30
Use props
LexvdN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110295 ft
France

Mhinc Posted at 2-19 06:11
You can't expect a brand new device to work out of the box.  DJI needs time to make these devices compatible.

Brand new? It's on the market for months now.
2021-6-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

LexvdN Posted at 6-30 08:23
Brand new? It's on the market for months now.

Considering that the vast majority of the world gets the Exynos S21, DJI SHOULD devote a substantial amount of resources to getting this sorted!!! My Snapdragon S21 Ultra is GREAT!!! The Exynos version should be also!!!
2021-6-30
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

That’s very unacceptable
2021-6-30
Use props
Mapantz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just received my S21 Ultra, but I didn't expect it not to work with the app/Mavic Mini. That's ridiculous!
2021-6-30
Use props
Dorsetsi
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know if this is fixed in the newly released 1.4.8? I have 1.4.0 installed and working, so dont want to risk losing that!
2021-7-1
Use props
BEN_M16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes, with the new Version 1.4.8, the problem have been fixed again.

I have the Samsung S21 Ultra exynos version, and now works perfect with dji mini 2.
2021-7-1
Use props
Dorsetsi
lvl.1
United States

Excellent news! Thanks, I will give it a try (I have the standard Galaxy S21).
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_KzxhmSh9myIL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305873 ft
Italy

Dorsetsi Posted at 7-1 01:50
Excellent news! Thanks, I will give it a try (I have the standard Galaxy S21).

Finally with app version 1.4.8 now works, but the video exposure lock system is very complicated WHY? nosense
2021-7-1
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123481 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_KzxhmSh9myIL Posted at 7-1 02:23
Finally with app version 1.4.8 now works, but the video exposure lock system is very complicated WHY? nosense

I am happy that it works! What do you mean by exposure lock system? I don't find it very complex.

Cheers!!
2021-7-1
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

BEN_M16 Posted at 7-1 01:28
Yes, with the new Version 1.4.8, the problem have been fixed again.

I have the Samsung S21 Ultra exynos version, and now works perfect with dji mini 2.

Thank you and Cheers!!!
2021-7-1
Use props
Holyfrey
New

Norway

I have this problem also with the DJI App on Samsung S21 Plus, I have also try on regular Samsung s21 same problems there also. I think its some codec problems because its only the video that is the problem, the videos picture dont show on the screen all other features in menus work. And if you connect a Old Samsung s8, or s7 it works, you need a old phone to be using a 2021 DJI Drone lol this is Childish lol, DJI wake the F up, we pay alot of money for your products as they are realy good products, but the Phone/Android software sucks lol It have taken a long time now I see in this posts so Its time for some action here. This have set my work back alot and losing money on this problems. So if things do not chance soon, I will send this problem to a class action low suite, if things is not corrected soon.
2021-7-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Holyfrey Posted at 7-1 20:26
I have this problem also with the DJI App on Samsung S21 Plus, I have also try on regular Samsung s21 same problems there also. I think its some codec problems because its only the video that is the problem, the videos picture dont show on the screen all other features in menus work. And if you connect a Old Samsung s8, or s7 it works, you need a old phone to be using a 2021 DJI Drone lol this is Childish lol, DJI wake the F up, we pay alot of money for your products as they are realy good products, but the Phone/Android software sucks lol It have taken a long time now I see in this posts so Its time for some action here. This have set my work back alot and losing money on this problems. So if things do not chance soon, I will send this problem to a class action low suite, if things is not corrected soon.

There is no point in making threats here, DJI are not listening.
2021-7-1
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 7-1 21:07
There is no point in making threats here, DJI are not listening.

Not true. The problem is solved in version 1.4.8.

Cheers!
2021-7-2
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

Holyfrey Posted at 7-1 20:26
I have this problem also with the DJI App on Samsung S21 Plus, I have also try on regular Samsung s21 same problems there also. I think its some codec problems because its only the video that is the problem, the videos picture dont show on the screen all other features in menus work. And if you connect a Old Samsung s8, or s7 it works, you need a old phone to be using a 2021 DJI Drone lol this is Childish lol, DJI wake the F up, we pay alot of money for your products as they are realy good products, but the Phone/Android software sucks lol It have taken a long time now I see in this posts so Its time for some action here. This have set my work back alot and losing money on this problems. So if things do not chance soon, I will send this problem to a class action low suite, if things is not corrected soon.

Read my post about version 1.4.8. With that version it is solved.

Cheers!
2021-7-2
Use props
Mathdot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9908 ft
Sweden

Daannie Posted at 7-2 02:06
Read my post about version 1.4.8. With that version it is solved.

Cheers!

Thanks Daannie, I can confirm that video preview works when recording 4k30 in 1.4.8. Samsung S21 Ultra, Exynos CPU, Android 11, security version 1 June 2021.

I have not been able to confirm the other resolutions nor quickshots.
Version 1.4.0 on Galaxy Store is also stable for this resolution.
2021-7-2
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

Version 1.4.8 is buggy though. Be very careful flying. This disconnects and connects then again. Unstable version.
2021-7-4
Use props
djiuser_Exx9MmFQXxCr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 826496 ft
Italy

So... Can I install version 1.4.8 or not?  I have 1.4.0 and it works fine with Galaxy S21 ULTRA.
2021-7-7
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_Exx9MmFQXxCr Posted at 7-7 12:02
So... Can I install version 1.4.8 or not?  I have 1.4.0 and it works fine with Galaxy S21 ULTRA.

Keep the 1.4.0!
I just experienced a bad connection between drone and camera. 1.4.8 is NOT better than 1.4.0

Cheers!
2021-7-7
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

Mathdot Posted at 7-2 14:12
Thanks Daannie, I can confirm that video preview works when recording 4k30 in 1.4.8. Samsung S21 Ultra, Exynos CPU, Android 11, security version 1 June 2021.

I have not been able to confirm the other resolutions nor quickshots.

1.4.0 is by my experience confirmed better than 1.4.8

Cheers!
2021-7-7
Use props
rEaX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185210 ft
Sweden

Daannie Posted at 7-7 13:27
I just experienced a bad connection between drone and camera. 1.4.8 is NOT better than 1.4.0

Under what circumstances did it happen?
2021-7-10
Use props
cliors
lvl.1
Netherlands

Daannie Posted at 7-7 13:27
Keep the 1.4.0!

Would like to know if this was a one time only issue or its still not better to update.
2021-7-15
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

cliors Posted at 7-15 03:47
Would like to know if this was a one time only issue or its still not better to update.

1.4.8 is NOT good
2021-7-15
Use props
Daniel Amaro
New
Flight distance : 68068 ft
Canada

The problem that I'm having is that every first flight...the drone starts moving without command to the left or right I think. Then within seconds I get a message saying that the drone is not connected and will return to the home location.
2021-7-17
Use props
lukm
lvl.1
Italy

Any news on this topic?
2021-9-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you made sure that the phone is not in power save mode, is full power also enabled?
Also, have you enabled Enhanced processing?  drag down from the top to check on both

Worth a shot, i don't have power save on and i have enabled Enhance Processing for my
Note 20 Ultra 5g and it works great...
2021-9-29
Use props
mrderrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124859 ft
Australia

Working for me on a S21U exynos (latest AUIE October patch), previously it didn't.

DJI Fly App Android: v1.4.8 (1120-official)
Aircraft Firmware: 01.03.0000
2021-9-29
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

1.4.8 is working just fine for a few months now. Problem solved!
2021-9-29
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 21:30
Hello there Daannie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention and in addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application.. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Ha ha ha YA RIGHT!
2021-9-29
Use props
Camilo Rodrigue
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 21:30
Hello there Daannie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention and in addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application.. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Hello, you guys have any date to solve the issue with s21 Ultra Phones?  I have Mavic Pro 2, the issue, Black screen
2021-10-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Camilo Rodrigue Posted at 10-24 16:05
Hello, you guys have any date to solve the issue with s21 Ultra Phones?  I have Mavic Pro 2, the issue, Black screen

Hi there Camilo Rodrigue. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information pertaining to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest DJI updates by visiting our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2021-10-25
Use props
djiuser_1inebTMfqiGs
New
United Kingdom

I was just about to request for the repair of my Mavic pro 2 guys, luckily I've found your coments. What is really concerning to me is, that DJI's customers support never told me about the system failure for some Samsung phones
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_FhAzXIGLqusm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709 ft
Italy

Hello!

I have updated my smartphone (s21+) to android 12 and DJI applications doesn't works

dji support replied like this:

"We're sorry to tell you that your phone Samsung s 21 with Android 12 is excluded from the supported devices list of Ronin app as we've not completed an official test. It's recommended to use a supported mobile device to install Ronin app to continue for use. Please don't worry that I have forwarded your feedback on your usage scenarios and demands to our R&D team. Please stay tuned to our latest information by following DJI Official Websites. DJI has been working to provide you with more interesting product functions, as well as more intelligent product use scenarios. Thank you again for your attention and valuable feedback."
2021-11-24
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_FhAzXIGLqusm Posted at 11-24 01:25
Hello!

I have updated my smartphone (s21+) to android 12 and DJI applications doesn't works

That is really no good news!
DJI made it work and I cannot update my phone anymore? Tha really sucks! Do you have the Exynos version? What does and doesn't it do?

Cheers!

Daan
2021-11-24
Use props
mrderrick
lvl.2
Australia

Android 12 issue is wide spread with the DJI Fly app. It's not just Samsung devices impact but also Pixel etc.

Samsung is rolling out A12 across different regions now, so I would recommend holding off on updating till DJI comes out with a fix for it.
However given this issue now is more widespread that just Samsung exynos devices, I hope it will be sooner rather than later.
2021-11-25
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_FhAzXIGLqusm Posted at 11-24 01:25
Hello!

Ok here my last reply as an update on the situation. I also updated my Samsung S 21 Ultra to android 12 I have an Exynos processor, just to know exactly if your situation might be the same:

After the update I was worried, so I started the app and put on the drone. The vision starts black, as in the earlyer situation, where freezing happened when you started recording. Now it opens with a blacl screen, but when I start recording, everything works just fine. So I agree that still there is something wrong, but I could fly and record it in 4 K 30 fps.

I Hope that you and other users can be a little less disappointed about this app. I am happy that I can use the drone as long as I am recording my flight.Here you can see my experience in youtube:

Cheers!

Daan
2021-11-27
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

mrderrick Posted at 11-25 06:40
Android 12 issue is wide spread with the DJI Fly app. It's not just Samsung devices impact but also Pixel etc.

Samsung is rolling out A12 across different regions now, so I would recommend holding off on updating till DJI comes out with a fix for it.

Also to you here my last reply as an update on the situation. I also updated my Samsung S 21 Ultra to android 12 I have an Exynos processor, just to know exactly if your situation might be the same:

After the update I was worried, so I started the app and put on the drone. The vision starts black, as in the earlyer situation, where freezing happened when you started recording. Now it opens with a blacl screen, but when I start recording, everything works just fine. So I agree that still there is something wrong, but I could fly and record it in 4 K 30 fps.

I Hope that you and other users can be a little less disappointed about this app. I am happy that I can use the drone as long as I am recording my flight.Here you can see my experience in youtube:

Cheers!

Daan
2021-11-27
Use props
Alex_Drone
New
Flight distance : 75187 ft
Italy

Mavic 3 pro more Samsung S21 Ultra ..., 4.000 euros spent at all. Unusable- and DJI What is doing?
2021-11-28
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Netherlands

Alex_Drone Posted at 11-28 10:51
Mavic 3 pro more Samsung S21 Ultra ..., 4.000 euros spent at all. Unusable- and DJI What is doing?

Hi Alex,
I understand you have a problem with your Mavic 3. Here we are talking about the mini 2. For more succes I advise you to make your own topic.

Cheers!

Daan
2021-11-29
Use props
mrderrick
lvl.2
Australia

Happy to report that the latest 1.5.1 (2025-official) version is now working with A12 on my S21U exynos. Haven't flown however the live feed is now showing and tried taking video and photo and appears to be working now (auto white balance values still an issue though!).

The DJI Fly app doesn't report a new version, you need to download it from the DJI site.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules