Quickshot 4k setting not available after recent update
12826 27 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aman27
lvl.1
Canada

Hello All

I may be wrong here. I was watching videos about this and it seemed pretty simple to activate 4k capability for quickshots. I bought my Dji Mini 2 on Thursday January 28th. When i set it up, it asked me to do some updates and now on Dji Fly app when i go under camera setting I don't see the any settings for Quickshot and don't know how to activate 4k. anyone else noticed this or am I looking in the wrong setting?

Thank you !
2021-2-1
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get the Mini 2 in the air in the quick shot mode you are going to use, then hit the 3 dots top right, go to the Camera tab and set video to 4k. Exit menus, you should see 4k video has been set, now start your quick shot.
2021-2-1
Use props
Aman27
lvl.1
Canada

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2-1 10:10
Get the Mini 2 in the air in the quick shot mode you are going to use, then hit the 3 dots top right, go to the Camera tab and set video to 4k. Exit menus, you should see 4k video has been set, now start your quick shot.

Thank you very much! I will try it tonight hopefully it will work!
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aman27. Thanks for reaching out! As already been replied, the aircraft must be airborne already, switch to Quickshots Mode and go to Camera Settings to adjust the resolution.
2021-2-1
Use props
Aman27
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 23:26
Hi, Aman27. Thanks for reaching out! As already been replied, the aircraft must be airborne already, switch to Quickshots Mode and go to Camera Settings to adjust the resolution.
[view_image]

That's excellent! thanks alot for the help.
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_DMP68lDJOH7i
New
Canada

I have no 4K available at all on my Mini2 I just got
Could it be the update I made?
2021-5-15
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_DMP68lDJOH7i Posted at 5-15 22:09
I have no 4K available at all on my Mini2 I just got

Of course it should have 4K. I don’t know what kind of updates you run but as soon as DJI pushes a downgrade and cuts the 4K option this forum would be flooded with threads.

You do see HD and 2.7k but the tile 4K is missing? Supported phone?
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_DMP68lDJOH7i
New
Canada

AlexanderK Posted at 5-15 23:29
Of course it should have 4K. I don’t know what kind of updates you run but as soon as DJI pushes a downgrade and cuts the 4K option this forum would be flooded with threads.

You do see HD and 2.7k but the tile 4K is missing? Supported phone?

I don’t have any options for videos I use iPhone11promax
This is what I see where u can choose the video
2021-5-20
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

djiuser_DMP68lDJOH7i Posted at 5-20 16:18
I don’t have any options for videos I use iPhone11promax
This is what I see where u can choose the video

In the very latest updates (v1.4.0 and v1.4.2), they moved the various video settings. I haven't updated yet, but from the video linked to below, I believe you need to tap on the Pro on the screen and then tap on whatever setting you want to change.

2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_daA3fPCvTNqw
New

United States

I’m unable to switch my dji mini 2 to a 4 k setting on the quickshot. I’d left off my drone in the air then go quickshot and press the 3 dots on right to camera, still cannot see the 4K resolution? Why ? Please help
2021-8-15
Use props
Fred Farmer
New

United States

I did what you said but its not giving me any option to go to 4k or 2k on my dji mini 2. Should I uninstall and download the dji fly app again.
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_3QUX9uY9ACjX
New

United States

Fred Farmer Posted at 10-18 09:47
I did what you said but its not giving me any option to go to 4k or 2k on my dji mini 2. Should I uninstall and download the dji fly app again.

Same issue here on not being ae to alter resolution.
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_P3sAmTJmOGj5
New

United States

same issue, any solution?
2021-12-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uninstall and reinstall, thats the 1st step, also what card are you using, U3 is a must for 4K
2021-12-31
Use props
djiuser_IqaiwhKtwcAX
New

Canada

djiuser_daA3fPCvTNqw Posted at 2021-8-15 21:00
I’m unable to switch my dji mini 2 to a 4 k setting on the quickshot. I’d left off my drone in the air then go quickshot and press the 3 dots on right to camera, still cannot see the 4K resolution? Why ? Please help

Did you get a fix for this issue?
I gave the exact issue and have even reinstalled the app as some have suggested but the 4 k option or any resolution options do not appear.
If anyone was a solution please let me know.
Thank you,
EnsureJeff@gmail.com
2022-1-7
Use props
djiuser_IqaiwhKtwcAX
New

Canada

Bashy Posted at 2021-12-31 20:01
Uninstall and reinstall, thats the 1st step, also what card are you using, U3 is a must for 4K

Did that .. no luck.
No resolution option presents itself anywhere
2022-1-7
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

steamship Posted at 2021-5-21 08:33
In the very latest updates (v1.4.0 and v1.4.2), they moved the various video settings. I haven't updated yet, but from the video linked to below, I believe you need to tap on the Pro on the screen and then tap on whatever setting you want to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPAFFJ0ZPQw

Can someone show me where the "PRO" is on the screen with a screen shot?

To view the screen to hunt for the PRO setting I have to put the phone on the controller turn on the controller, turn on the drone, start the app, then start going through settings, by time I play with the settings the heat of the drone just setting there doing nothing whilst I am trying to learn is frying like a egg in a pan so I turn it off everything and pull the HOT to the touch battery out and let everything cool down, just guessing the heat is not good whilst I try to learn settings and how to adjust them.

How does one create screen shots or video capture what they are seeing on the cell phone while using the app so I can create my own and replay them 100x and familiarize myself without cooking the CPU and my drone battery over and over or waste 50% of my battery hovering playing with settings?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
2022-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

srdyiop Posted at 1-8 10:08
Can someone show me where the "PRO" is on the screen with a screen shot?

To view the screen to hunt for the PRO setting I have to put the phone on the controller turn on the controller, turn on the drone, start the app, then start going through settings, by time I play with the settings the heat of the drone just setting there doing nothing whilst I am trying to learn is frying like a egg in a pan so I turn it off everything and pull the HOT to the touch battery out and let everything cool down, just guessing the heat is not good whilst I try to learn settings and how to adjust them.

Bottom right corner... best way to learn is Youtube, everything is on there, there's settings walk throughs from basic to advanced
=============
Samsung has their own screen recorder other makes may too, if not the DU recorder is one app (android) don't know about apple
2022-1-9
Use props
ty328
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_DMP68lDJOH7i Posted at 2021-5-15 22:09
I have no 4K available at all on my Mini2 I just got

I also have that same problem after playing around with the new updates, DJI changes the location on the 4K setting.

Just click on the RES&EPS that screen with popup
2022-2-8
Use props
fans5b7d7b18
lvl.1
United States

ty328 Posted at 2-8 00:57
I also have that same problem after playing around with the new updates, DJI changes the location on the 4K setting.

[view_image]

I ALSO DONT HAVE ANY OPTIONS OTHER THEN 1080/30.
WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE TO 4K THE BAR IS BLANK WITH NO CHOICES. IVE FLOWN THIS MINI 2 OVER 100 TIMES AND SHOT IN 4K UNTIL RECENTLY.
MY FIREMWARE IS 1.6.4 AWONDERING IF DJI JUST CANCELED THE OPTION OF DIFFERNT FORMATS TO GET US TO BUY THE MINI 3
2022-6-8
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

fans5b7d7b18 Posted at 6-8 05:09
I ALSO DONT HAVE ANY OPTIONS OTHER THEN 1080/30.
WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE TO 4K THE BAR IS BLANK WITH NO CHOICES. IVE FLOWN THIS MINI 2 OVER 100 TIMES AND SHOT IN 4K UNTIL RECENTLY.
MY FIREMWARE IS 1.6.4 AWONDERING IF DJI JUST CANCELED THE OPTION OF DIFFERNT FORMATS TO GET US TO BUY THE MINI 3

First of all, I suggest not to write in uppercase because it usually means to scream and here nobody is deaf

Then I suggest to provide more accurate information. As far as I know, a firmware 1.6.4 has not yet been released for the Mini 2. Mos of us are at 1.04.0000 or 1.03.00000

If you are meaning the DJI Fly app version 1.6.4, I can tell you that I'm on that version and I can record 4K videos. I suggest to clear all the caches an to remove unwanted contents in Profile --> Settings and then to retry. If the problem is still there, you can uninstall the app and reinstall it.
2022-6-8
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

FabioV Posted at 6-8 05:45
First of all, I suggest not to write in uppercase because it usually means to scream and here nobody is deaf

Then I suggest to provide more accurate information. As far as I know, a firmware 1.6.4 has not yet been released for the Mini 2. Mos of us are at 1.04.0000 or 1.03.00000

IT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT THOSE WHO RESPOND AS YOU DID ABOUT POSTING IN UPPERCASE JUST LIKE TO COMPLAIN.
2022-6-8
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

MBSL500 Posted at 6-8 08:42
IT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT THOSE WHO RESPOND AS YOU DID ABOUT POSTING IN UPPERCASE JUST LIKE LIKE TO COMPLAIN.

IT WAS ONLY A SUGGESTION. AND I ALSO PROVIDED SOME HELP, AND THIS IS MORE THAN YOU DID…
2022-6-8
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Hold on, i go for some popcorn, I´LL BE BACK
2022-6-8
Use props
Ovrclck350
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137231 ft
United States

Same problem here.
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_qEMBm1xnvRfB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52615 ft
United Kingdom

I do not have the 3rd sub menu to set height or distance as shown in tutorials
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_v85PtmT6xgPP
New

Australia

Hi I have the DJI mini 2 but I have no options for 4K only 2.7 & 1080p. I have tried putting into quick shot mode but still have no options available to change resolution in any of the menus. I have an iPhone 14 pro but do not think the phone is the issue. I must be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_v85PtmT6xgPP Posted at 6-11 17:51
Hi I have the DJI mini 2 but I have no options for 4K only 2.7 & 1080p. I have tried putting into quick shot mode but still have no options available to change resolution in any of the menus. I have an iPhone 14 pro but do not think the phone is the issue. I must be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi, Matt. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If not yet, please try doing so. Remember to back up important files/data before uninstalling it. If the issue remains, kindly take a screenshot of the live view as shown below:

We will check it further for you. Thank you.
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules