12Next >
3529 40 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone else with CE maybe in the UK what range are you getting?

I keep losing signal between 400-600 metres in 2 different areas now.

I know the CE model is nerfed but this seems like the CE has been nerfed more that what we are being told.

Open area also nowhere near any houses or anything.
2021-2-1
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

I'm UK and the maximum distance I went today was 418m but had no signal loss and was in a built up area.
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

That's good thanks, Must be something up with this unit.

Tried a couple of places now, The area today was open clear sight and signal deteriorates quite fast, I'm barely getting Mini 1 range.

I'm going to try manual frequencies next time I go out and see what happens.
2021-2-1
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Could be the altitude you are flying at. Lower height will have more interference caused by obstructions, Trees, etc.
2021-2-1
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

I've reached 520m. No sign of signal loss. To scared to go any further lol
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 2-1 09:19
Could be the altitude you are flying at. Lower height will have more interference caused by obstructions, Trees, etc.

Thanks, There was not many trees but I was at the maximum allowed height of just under 400ft, No powerlines nothing just open fields.

Will try again somewhere else thanks.
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Skynet5 Posted at 2-1 09:21
I've reached 520m. No sign of signal loss. To scared to go any further lol

Haha, it's a bit nerve racking especially for those that aren't used to drones myself included lol.

It does boost your confidence going a bit further seeing how it can handle.

I'm going to try 1 other different area to see what's going on here with this unit.
2021-2-1
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766

ce model 2619 m

with the mavic mini I had a lot of signal problems I could not go more than 720 meters in the city.
But with the mini 2 in the city with many interferences I reached 2619 meters
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

George GR Posted at 2-1 09:32
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234703&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766

ce model 2619 m

That's excellent range, I can barely get Mini 1 range.

In my scenario makes me wonder what is the fuss all about with Ocusync.

Some more testing to do before it goes back.
2021-2-1
Use props
Tez4UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140531 ft
United Kingdom

Got me thinking, does ocusync really exist in the mini 2
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tez4UK Posted at 2-1 11:12
Got me thinking, does ocusync really exist in the mini 2

I'm beginning to wonder, I'm not seeing anything substantial range wise, Will have to check another different area.
2021-2-1
Use props
Tez4UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140531 ft
United Kingdom

Yes me too, if we get chance cos this UK weather is horrible

P.S Have you seen this..

2021-2-1
Use props
George GR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-1 11:07
That's excellent range, I can barely get Mini 1 range.

In my scenario makes me wonder what is the fuss all about with Ocusync.

mavic mini 744m max
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

That's more than what I'm getting with the Mini 2 in an open area
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tez4UK Posted at 2-1 11:27
Yes me too, if we get chance cos this UK weather is horrible

P.S Have you seen this..
Yeah it's been awful lately, Need to test it out somewhere else, I'll let you my findings in the future.

Yeah I saw that video, He said it was fixed in a later firmware which I'm in including the latest app also.
2021-2-1
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

CE UK Mini 2, RTH kicked in at 4000m @ 70m height.  Rural setting,
2021-2-1
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

CE UK Mini 2, RTH kicked in at 4000m @ 60m height, Rural setting, I was starting to get connection issues.  I think you need to return your Mini.
2021-2-1
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

How far and high is it allowed to fly in the UK?
2021-2-1
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 2-1 12:34

VLOS 500m maximum
Altitude 120m maximum
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-1 12:17
CE UK Mini 2, RTH kicked in at 4000m @ 60m height, Rural setting, I was starting to get connection issues.  I think you need to return your Mini.

Yeah that's way way more than what I'm seeing, It doesn't take long for the orange to start showing and then red lost signal.
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 2-1 12:34
VLOS 400ft high or EVLOS trained pilot spotters on your route.
2021-2-1
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-1 09:06
That's good thanks, Must be something up with this unit.

Tried a couple of places now, The area today was open clear sight and signal deteriorates quite fast, I'm barely getting Mini 1 range.

Try to put your phone in Airplane mode.
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 2-1 16:09
Try to put your phone in Airplane mode.

Thanks for that, I think someone suggested that and I forgot but I never have WiFi NFC or Bluetooth enabled just my mobile data but I'll try next time air plane mode thank you.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking first whether everything is up to date from the aircraft and remote's firmware to the DJI Fly. We also recommend positioning the remote's antennae in relation to the aircraft as shown below.
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 23:21
Hi, djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking first whether everything is up to date from the aircraft and remote's firmware to the DJI Fly. We also recommend positioning the remote's antennae in relation to the aircraft as shown below.
[view_image]

Thanks for the reply, Everything is up to date software and firmwares.

I will try again in a different area and with aero plane mode enabled.
2021-2-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-2 01:14
Thanks for the reply, Everything is up to date software and firmwares.

I will try again in a different area and with aero plane mode enabled.

Sure and you can keep us updated.
2021-2-2
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-1 23:17
Thanks for that, I think someone suggested that and I forgot but I never have WiFi NFC or Bluetooth enabled just my mobile data but I'll try next time air plane mode thank you.

Hi djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn!
As reported before, I experienced recently signal connections lost between the aircraft and the RC.
It happened twice with the aircraft in direct line of sight, flying from 4 to 40 meters from the RC and at an altitude between 1.5 meters and 10 meters.
After 12 seconds, the aircraft initiated a failsafe RTH and lost video transmission in both of the occasions.
The antennas were pointing directly to the aircraft.
The mobile phone used is a Samsung S8+, and Wi-fi, Bluetooth and 4G internet were turned off.
I repeated the flights in another day, in the same spots but, turned the phone to "Airplane" mode.
Never had more problems.
2021-2-2
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

Check this video:
2021-2-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Hardware is fine, but software still has some bugs, lots of mobile phones, lots of configurations... so it's quite easy to encounter some bugs.

For example if I activate the HD photo synchronization, after 10 photos or so in a row (photogrametry) the DJI Fly app freezes and restarts. So I just deactivate the option now, I copy the photos to the PC and don't use them on the phone anyways (phone issue I assume).

If I had the SD on the phone as internal memory instead of portable memory, the app crashes after a while and have to restart the phone (phone Issue I asume).

Once lost video signal but not RC, and another time the altitude was limited to  30 meters and had to relog in the  app in order to be able to fly normal again (DJI Fly app issues).

Recent updates have solved most  stability problems I had, I also changed some settings in the phone and  always fly in airplane mode, since WiFi causes  video transmission stutter.

Take in consideration that things like these happen, so allways set the RTH correctly and when you encounter a problem you can just press RTH in the controller and the mini 2 comes back while you try to fix the issue.

PS: Range in CE, if you have an unobstructed line of sight, and the controller pointed in that direction is more than 3Km, at less than 300 or 400m you do't even have to point the controller.
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 2-2 14:59
Hi djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn!
As reported before, I experienced recently signal connections lost between the aircraft and the RC.
It happened twice with the aircraft in direct line of sight, flying from 4 to 40 meters from the RC and at an altitude between 1.5 meters and 10 meters.

Thanks for that yeah I think I saw that post, I haven't been out yet to test with air plane mode yet I'm hoping it resolves it thank you.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cients Posted at 2-2 15:46
Check this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eNdjCElC6A

Wow just watched it, Doesn't fill you with confidence does it, Can this drone be trusted at all because I'm having serious doubts.
2021-2-3
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-3 14:17
Wow just watched it, Doesn't fill you with confidence does it, Can this drone be trusted at all because I'm having serious doubts.

That Youtuber is full of BS, he is just looking for extra viewers with that clickbait title.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BaliSkies Posted at 2-3 22:22
That Youtuber is full of BS, he is just looking for extra viewers with that clickbait title.

A lot of big YouTubers do have clickbait titles to reel in viewers that I agree with.

But issues are there I've had them myself with black screens and not being able to recover the camera I didn't know what was going on with the drone.

Also why have DJI suddenly offered fly away? That alone is quite obvious to me.
2021-2-3
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-3 23:12
A lot of big YouTubers do have clickbait titles to reel in viewers that I agree with.

But issues are there I've had them myself with black screens and not being able to recover the camera I didn't know what was going on with the drone.

Fair enough mate. I haven't had any of those issues but I guess they are out there and occurring unfortunately.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BaliSkies Posted at 2-3 23:18
Fair enough mate. I haven't had any of those issues but I guess they are out there and occurring unfortunately.

Being new to drones like myself but knowledgeable in how to set things up correctly it's a scary experience losing connection and not being able to recover.

However I haven't tried the latest version yet enough to know whether it will do it again.

2021-2-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-1 15:32
VLOS 400ft high or EVLOS trained pilot spotters on your route.

The spotter must be next to the pilot and not spotters on the route of the flight. The reason for this is that the spotter is able to alert the pilot to any dangers he can see that the pilot in not aware of. The UAV must also be seen without the aid of bino's or any other visual aid.
2021-2-6
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can never understand UK flyers stating on a public forum how they broke the CAA VLOS laws. It would be like someone saying they were doing 100mph in their car on a public highway.

If you do it, don't state it in black and white or worse post a video of you breaking the law. In some countries it's legal hence some long range test videos on Youtube.

https://dronesafe.uk/
2021-2-6
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-6 00:12
The spotter must be next to the pilot and not spotters on the route of the flight. The reason for this is that the spotter is able to alert the pilot to any dangers he can see that the pilot in not aware of. The UAV must also be seen without the aid of bino's or any other visual aid.

Correct I stand mistaken, I'm sure I read somewhere about EVLOS.

2021-2-6
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2-6 06:59
I can never understand UK flyers stating on a public forum how they broke the CAA VLOS laws. It would be like someone saying they were doing 100mph in their car on a public highway.

If you do it, don't state it in black and white or worse post a video of you breaking the law. In some countries it's legal hence some long range test videos on Youtube.

Who broke what? You can fly to 500m which is in the CAA law I was getting signal break up at 400m which represents my post if the header is read correctly.
2021-2-6
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-6 07:03
Who broke what? You can fly to 500m which is in the CAA law I was getting signal break up at 400m which represents my post if the header is read correctly.

Mavic 57's post wasn't directed at you. It was towards others who deliberately fly outside the CAA and FAA regulations and then post their results on here and other forums and YT showing they flew out 3000-4000 metres.
2021-2-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules