33556 16 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I know you don't have time to update Pocket 2 but..
But seriously if you make accessories compatible with pocket 1 then Update it too. Pocket 1 says Controller Wheel connected when Control Stick attached. Same with Pocket 2 when Controlled Wheel attached it won't say anything and in the Menu it says Control Stick Calibration. It is not Stick it is Wheel. Yes they Do Work but is this professional Software engineering at all? It tells about very poor software management. There are other DJI accessories too with these kind of problems. We can swallow that products come out without abilities and gets updates afterwards but this is a bit too much. What if your Blueray player says DVD inserted in brand new player when you insert Blueray?

These are seriously minor updates. If you don't have time even for this then do you ever fix major problems? Was your meaning just copy OP1 software to OP2 with minor updates and just upgrade camera and internal mics?

I'm very worry about the quality of DJI regarding to the Software engineering.

You spent time for Story mode directly in the Pocket 2. Why? Nobody use that. Some might use live streaming but how many was asking clean output to PC about 2 years ago already? And now in 2020?

You need to update both Pockets not just 2.

Today there is no Face Tracking actually at all. It was Totally unusable with 4k/24. If it wont work then remove it or fix it.

I wont list problems here except examples. I'm very worry about the Software engineering management and the quality of it.

If you advertise accessories between products you seriously need to update them to be like that. OP1 is not old camera. It is still as fantastic as Pocket 2.

Peace and lets hope better 2021.
2021-2-1
Use props
TobiFromGermany
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45423 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Story mode directly in the Pocket 2? No need!
I totally agree.
2021-2-1
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

For the name of control wheel.
It is designed so that op1 can use pocket2 mini joystick.
so we use the same id for the mini joystick and control wheel.

The livestream function needs do-it-all handle. pocket2 changed wifi module hardware  to support livestream.
UVC PC camera also needs additional hardware thing (another accessory needs to be made). pocket device now is unable to do this.

Hope it might help...

2021-2-1
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DJI-ytao Posted at 2-1 20:16

Thanks for this reply.

Ok it makes sense from that point of view. But do not let customers just guess so inform things.

Then do UVC PC accessory and price it like people can actually buy it. I will order it. People been asking it for 2 years with multiple topics.

Short enough.
2021-2-1
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

DJI-ytao Posted at 2-1 20:16

There's no way you can't provide a good Webcam driver without any hardware mod.

You plug it in an Android phone and you get your live feed in the MIMO app, that means you have a RTSP video stream going through the USB-C port (or any kind of video DATA stream for that matters).

You just could develop the software/driver for that to be working on on a PC as well.

If you don't want to, please OPEN the API so that the open source community can take care of the job.

Regards

2021-4-7
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

hehe2 Posted at 4-7 16:39

You plug it in an Android phone and you get your live feed in the MIMO app, that means you have a RTSP video stream going through the USB-C port (or any kind of video DATA stream for that matters).

Yes. Canon EOS Utility software is under 5 mb and 1.1 version supports even Canon 550D which is 10 years old camera. So this means that 550D was 10 years ago capable to stream out via USB and use it as a webcam just providing very small driver software to PC. I don't know what Pockets can do but yes they can stream to the Mobile Phone so why not to the PC?

I have 550D bought 10 years ago and it works as a webcam like a dream.
2021-4-8
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hehe2 Posted at 4-7 16:39

webcam is indeed a software feature. For a general webcam, the data should follow UVC protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_video_device_class) and DSP needs to provide the UVC driver to make any PC recognize the live stream,
which means pocket2 DSP needs to do extra job to transfer liveview data (originally to app ) to UVC data.

For such a small device, lots of balance (or limitation ) has to be made. In different recording resolution situation ,tracking / cinelike/ and other software issues is limited. That is why I mentioned additional transcode dsp is needed to do the UVC transfer.  Some youtubers posted the video showing that they pick up livestream from android device(AOA) and come up with additional liveview to PC, they actually use PC as a DSP to accomplish the work.
2021-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-9 01:46
webcam is indeed a software feature. For a general webcam, the data should follow UVC protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_video_device_class) and DSP needs to provide the UVC driver to make any PC recognize the live stream,
which means pocket2 DSP needs to do extra job to transfer liveview data (originally to app ) to UVC data.

Thank you for your reply about this issue. Although my technical knowhow is limited, I do believe that will reply to some people's questions.

Having concerned this, I would like to ask if there are any chances for a webcam function. Having the ability to use Pocket 2 as one would be a nice bonus, especially if there was a possibility to also remotely control the gimbal direction and/or ActiveTrack function.
2021-4-9
Use props
skarface00
New
Brazil

Ok I understand that webcam might need some extensive work on the firmware, but being able to stream to RTMP is only a software feature to be included on the mimo app, right? Why pocket 1 can't do that yet when connected via cable?
Could you guys work on that? Then it can work as a virtual web camera using obs...A windows version of mimo would work as well...
Literally EVERYONE who owns a pocket wants this feature come on guys make it happen
2021-4-18
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aavalaakso, good points.  I think the same way.  I imagine that DJI used inferior parts and shortcuts in all its new releases because of Covid.  This causes things like: when active track and obstacle avoidance are used at the same time, the reaction speed of obstacle avoidance will lessen to an unacceptable dangerous rate allowing the MA2s drone to crash.  Then DJI does not honor the warranty.  I imagine these drone problems are in the Pocket 2.
2021-4-19
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

As long as it's able to transmit the live feed to the Android MIMO app via USB, it could do the same to a PC which has more than ten times the power of a smartphone...

If only -- as a start -- there was a way to hide all controls from the MIMO app, we would be able to use a mirroring screen app and/or stream to a RTMP client BUT that would be really cumbersome to get something that should be natively supported (as well as this streaming feature from the phone which requires absolutely NO additional DSP/CPU power from the Osmo device...)

This is a purely a software issue, not a hardware one.

So, be honest and tell us that DJI don't plan on investing any development time/money for these MIMO/PC features that as customers/users we are many craving for.

If you could tell us that, may be you could release the API used between the MIMO app and the Osmo so that the open source community could develop the tools on their own, that would benefit everybody and wouldn't cost anything to DJI.

The OS community could as well try to reverse engineer the protocol but I'm pretty sure it would be facing some encryption things that you put in place to prevent that to be feasible...

Please, we need this.
2021-4-26
Use props
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

I posted about something similar in another thread (linked below), but instead of UVC output, requesting a module for micro HDMI output. If DJI were to make a module for 1080 60fps output via HDMI, would it still be faced with the same software complications/limitations as for UVC output?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240111

I can appreciate that it's may be difficult to find a balance of capabilities on such a small device, but for context, the Sony x3000 that was released 5 years ago has 1080 60fps HMDI output built into the tiny device, and so does the media module for the recent generation of GoPros. I think we would all love for DJI to expand its Pocket 2 device capabilities. It would really bring a unique solution to the tiny camera/action camera space that doesn't currently exist.
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_jMxotYoNuTjs
New

Germany

It's 2021 and still can't use my pocket 2 as a Webcam for zoom etc. Cummon dear DJI Team, that's inaccurate.
2021-9-25
Use props
Stefan P
New
Germany

I totally agree. A HDMI output is necessary. If you use the Mimo App for Streaming, you are loosing the contol features on the app.
I am wondering that a guy on cosmostreamer.com brings it up to connect to a PC (even if only 720p) plus the control.
DJI you must work on this feature, pls.
2022-2-4
Use props
djiuser_7OtURbukddrS
New

Vietnam

If so, how can DJI sell accessories and Do It Handle?
2022-12-24
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

Ah yes, still nothing...
2023-2-7
Use props
mpathy
New

Germany

djiuser_jMxotYoNuTjs Posted at 2021-9-25 06:40
It's 2021 and still can't use my pocket 2 as a Webcam for zoom etc. Cummon dear DJI Team, that's inaccurate.

I am also frustrated because it is something you can just do via Firmware update!

Insta X3 hat the same problem, but they INSTEAD listened to their customers and now I have a fantastic webcam mode with different functions even, so altough it is sad, I have a solution now as I own this camera too.

But I know why they dont do it, altough it can be done via firmware. They want to sell their other products too. If someone has too much money to spend they might think about just buying an additional Osmo Action for example, who has that mode ;) prove me wrong
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules