3648 20 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Could someone from DJI please tell us what Android DJI GO v4.3.42 does? And whether it's campatible with the Smart Controller?

2021-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Monkey007. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI Go 4 v4.3.42 has the following updates :
- Updates map services. If using offline maps is required, check and download maps before flying.
- Fixes certain issues and improves overall app stability.
Thank you.
2021-2-1
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 22:12
Hello there Monkey007. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI Go 4 v4.3.42 has the following updates :
- Updates map services. If using offline maps is required, check and download maps before flying.

Thank you DJI Stephen. Is this version compatible with the Smart Controller?
2021-2-2
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Monkey007 Posted at 2-2 02:43
Thank you DJI Stephen. Is this version compatible with the Smart Controller?

Seems to be, look here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =234833&pid=2410080

I've installed the latest version and so far no issues.

2021-2-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 22:12

Stephen... Related question, sort of ... When will Offline Maps be added to the Fly App so that we can again have maps available for MA2's using Smart Controller?

Thank you. (big fan!)
2021-2-2
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 2-2 09:07
Seems to be, look here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =234833&pid=2410080

Where are you finding version 4.3.42?
I only see v4.3.40 for Android.
2021-2-2
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

scoble08 Posted at 2-2 10:20

They didn't update the text. When you download the apk file it's a later version. You can see it on the file name when downloading. Guess they are a little busy/lazy to change the text on their web page.
2021-2-2
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 2-2 10:31
They didn't update the text. When you download the apk file it's a later version. You can see it on the filen name when downloading. Guess they are a little busy/lazy to change the text on their web page.

Great! Thx.
2021-2-2
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 2-2 10:31
They didn't update the text. When you download the apk file it's a later version. You can see it on the file name when downloading. Guess they are a little busy/lazy to change the text on their web page.

Say...did you delete the version that was on your SC before installing v4.3.42?
2021-2-2
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

scoble08 Posted at 2-2 10:20

it states 40 on the webside, but when you download it is 42.
2021-2-2
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

scoble08 Posted at 2-2 10:42
Say...did you delete the version that was on your SC before installing v4.3.42?

No, the new version overwrites the previous one.
2021-2-3
Use props
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft
Germany

Hello,
I updated my new Smart Controller to the latest Version (v01.00.0880).
Is it safe or recommended updating the DJI Go 4 App independently via APK file provided by DJI?
Thanks.
2021-2-3
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

laduke Posted at 2-3 07:10
Hello,
I updated my new Smart Controller to the latest Version (v01.00.0880).
Is it safe or recommended updating the DJI Go 4 App independently via APK file provided by DJI?

Look at post #4 of this thread. There is a link to another thread where a DJI moderator says it can be updated independently.
2021-2-3
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

FloridaNext Posted at 2-3 07:28
Look at post #4 of this thread. There is a link to another thread where a DJI moderator says it can be updated independently.

Looks like laduke's concern is that the super modulator only said the GO4 app can be updated independently; but never really answered whether this particular version, 4.3.42, is supported with the Smart Controller. It would be nice if DJI can come up with a definite answer to clarify this.
2021-2-3
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Monkey007 Posted at 2-3 11:06
Looks like laduke's concern is that the super modulator only said the GO4 app can be updated independently; but never really answered whether this particular version, 4.3.42, is supported with the Smart Controller. It would be nice if DJI can come up with a definite answer to clarify this.

I understand your concerns. But this means that the SC users could only get the new Go 4 app when DJI releases a new firmware for the SC. They state that you shouldn't use third party apps. But if their own apps won't work on their own devices that would be a bad thing. Let's assume the SC firmware is perfect and there are no more (firmware) updates. We would get stuck on an outdated Go 4 app forever.

But you are right, it shouldn't be a big thing to get an official statement from them. Which I doubt.

PS: I've installed the new Go 4 apk and did some basic tests. Only about the connection stability (putting the drone in the basement and walked away, the signal is rock stable), some of the in app basic functions and hovering in the backyard. The weather here in Germany is ...ty right now so I didn't want to drown my drone in rain/snow. So far I haven't encountered any problems. I could't even found any differences between the .42 and the .38 version - so far.

2021-2-3
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

FloridaNext Posted at 2-3 11:15
I understand your concerns. But this means that the SC users could only get the new Go 4 app when DJI releases a new firmware for the SC. They state that you shouldn't use third party apps. But if their own apps won't work on their own devices that would be a bad thing. Let's assume the SC firmware is perfect and there are no more (firmware) updates. We would get stuck on an outdated Go 4 app forever.

But you are right, it shouldn't be a big thing to get an official statement from them. Which I doubt.

Thank you Floridanext, this is very reassuring!
2021-2-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 2-3 12:26
Thank you Floridanext, this is very reassuring!

no it isn't.  that is not the way it has been in the past.

for the sc, you were stuck with whatever version the sc update gave you.

the question is still valid, has it changed and is it approved?

clearly it is safe and there's no stopping you but has dji adopted this or not?
2021-2-3
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

The Saint Posted at 2-3 17:48
no it isn't.  that is not the way it has been in the past.

for the sc, you were stuck with whatever version the sc update gave you.

But starting with the SC firmware version v01.00.0530 they state that you can undependently update the Go 4 app. Here is the old changelog:

Overview:

Date: 2019.04.25
    Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0530
    DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16
    DJI Pilot App: v1.3.0
    DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8

What’s New?

Added Aircraft Management under settings. Once connected to the Smart Controller, an aircraft can be added and managed in Aircraft Management. Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom / Enterprise, and M2 E. Dual are supported.
    Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
    Added a warning prompt if the compass of the remote controller requires calibration. Users can also now check the status of the compass under settings.
    Added an option to set the external microSD card as the default storage location.
    Added Camera Lock. Once enabled, if users press the focus/shutter or record button when DJI GO 4 is not running or is running in the background, no photo will be taken or video will be recorded.
    Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
    Optimized DJI GO Share. Any photo or video stored in the GO Share folder of the microSD card root directory can be shared to a mobile device using DJI GO Share.
    Updated DJI GO 4 to v4.3.16.
2021-2-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 2-4 01:24
But starting with the SC firmware version v01.00.0530 they state that you can undependently update the Go 4 app. Here is the old changelog:

Overview:

you said "But you are right, it shouldn't be a big thing to get an official statement from them. Which I doubt."

i didn't see this in the release notes; i missed it.  so is this an "official statement" or not?  what more do you need dji to say?

i'm not following.
2021-2-4
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

The Saint Posted at 2-4 05:36
you said "But you are right, it shouldn't be a big thing to get an official statement from them. Which I doubt."

i didn't see this in the release notes; i missed it.  so is this an "official statement" or not?  what more do you need dji to say?

Sorry, I found this only after my "But you are right, it shouldn't be a ..." post, so I wasn't aware of it at this time yet. Just found it today.
2021-2-4
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2-2 09:29
Stephen... Related question, sort of ... When will Offline Maps be added to the Fly App so that we can again have maps available for MA2's using Smart Controller?

Thank you. (big fan!)

Stephen.... still waiting for a reply!!
Buehler.....Buehler......
(Still silence)
2021-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules