Caddx Vista- No OSD, Can't access camera settings, Low power mode
14933 9 2021-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YorkyPoo
lvl.2

United States

For several days I have been working with other people. I have a New BetaFPV F405 AIO plug and play. I took the vista out of another unit that was working and plugged it into this one. Everything else works on the drone but the OSD. The Rx is soldiered into the TX and visa versa, OSD is turned on in Betaflight and the googles, I reflashed the firmware on everything. I am still without OSD and unable to access the camera setting. I believe it won't come off low power mode without the OSD working.
2021-2-1
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

If I remember correctly, it comes with BetaFlight 3.7 by default, that doesn't support DJI OSD. You need to flash the 4.2 and configure it by yourself (including motor remapping).
2021-2-2
Use props
YorkyPoo
lvl.2

United States

Giammi Posted at 2-2 03:59
If I remember correctly, it comes with BetaFlight 3.7 by default, that doesn't support DJI OSD. You need to flash the 4.2 and configure it by yourself (including motor remapping).

Mine has 4.2.6 on it and I reflashed it. I might go back and try some older ones.
2021-2-2
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

Mmmm.. are you sure to have set the right uart for the MSP communication? Are you sure the wiring is ok? I mean the wires themselves, maybe they're broken.
2021-2-3
Use props
YorkyPoo
lvl.2

United States

Giammi Posted at 2-3 06:18
Mmmm.. are you sure to have set the right uart for the MSP communication? Are you sure the wiring is ok? I mean the wires themselves, maybe they're broken.

Anything is possible but some are thinking the FC doesn't have the right Dump All. The FC has other Uarts but they are not being shown in BF.
2021-2-3
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

YorkyPoo Posted at 2-3 06:54
Anything is possible but some are thinking the FC doesn't have the right Dump All. The FC has other Uarts but they are not being shown in BF.[view_image][view_image]

Can you please post a pic of how you soldered the wires? Also a screenshot of the full port configuration would be helpful.
2021-2-3
Use props
YorkyPoo
lvl.2

United States

Giammi Posted at 2-3 07:24
Can you please post a pic of how you soldered the wires? Also a screenshot of the full port configuration would be helpful.

I even tried swapping the Rx and Tx. With everyone's help, I think it's coming down to the Caddx vista its self. I wired it to a different FC and there still is no OSD
2021-2-3
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

are You powering vista from that 4pin connector? [tx3 rx3 5V gnd]?
if yes - You will not be able to run it, vista needs 2S minimum (7V) and in higher power modes like 2A - be happy it did give You any image at all
power it directly from battery (add capacitor to reduce spikes) IMO, doubt You will go over 4S battery with this drone, so it sohuld be no problem
decent AIO got like 9V/2-3A line to power vista or other power hungry vtx
(fix that cable on bigger 6 port connector too, or it will spark with something in close future ;) )

2021-2-5
Use props
YorkyPoo
lvl.2

United States

KREMi Posted at 2-5 09:47
are You powering vista from that 4pin connector? [tx3 rx3 5V gnd]?
if yes - You will not be able to run it, vista needs 2S minimum (7V) and in higher power modes like 2A - be happy it did give You any image at all
power it directly from battery (add capacitor to reduce spikes) IMO, doubt You will go over 4S battery with this drone, so it sohuld be no problem

I tried all of that with every power option. The plug is just running off is battery voltage and I connected it straight to the battery. Well I think it came down to talking to caddix is one of the diodes on the vista is bad on the Rx. I tested it with a multimeter and and not getting a reading But I still get reading for the TX. I think I'm going to try to remove that diode instead of sending it in.
2021-2-7
Use props
Wellgoll
New

United States

I was in your same boat and my vista appeared to be bad and I sent it back.  I could not get the custom osd working and my googles did not show the quads voltage either almost like it wasn't communicating with the flight controller.  I had two vistas and swapped them without changing anything in betaflight and the OSD worked perfectly.
2021-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules