Compass Calibration Every Flight: SOLVED
961 5 2021-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

As everybody else here on the forum, I was very annoyed to have to calibrate the compass every other flight. And it was becoming more and more frequent recently.

On the sensor area @ DJI GO compas almost everytime was yellow (Good) no matther how far from magnetic source I was.

I HAD TO find a way to solve this.

Finnaly I solved the problem by demagnetizing (degausing) the MA compass.

I did this: With a strong neodime magnet, i made some horizontal 8 pattern movements 2cm away from MA back (the compass is located on the upper back part). About 1 minute moving the magnet this way.

The compass will go crazy. Turn off MA. Turn it on and calibrate.

DONE!!!

On the sensors area @ DJI Go, now the compas show MINUMUM interference (allways on green: Excellent). I can EVEN FLY my MA on places I could not take off before due to compass interference.

2021-2-2
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Adriano Araujo,

Great thought on "degaussing".  It is a great inexpensive way to resolve an extreme compass issue.  
2021-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Adriano Araujo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you before and thank you for sharing these information on how you have fixed the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-2-2
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Hola

Como están? Consulta, alguien mas pudo solucionar este problema ?

Muchas Gracias a todos
2022-7-8
Use props
13_Dragons
lvl.1

United States

Thank You for the fix on this I had just posted about a New to me Air needing to has compass calibrate done each time I power aircraft up.
2022-9-3
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

wow man, thanks for sharing the solution
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules