10826 23 2021-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646788 ft
Netherlands

I am a ex mini 1 lover.

I want to love mini 2 but i see a lot of  complaints of the users of mini 2 that's is a bad publicity.

On Google appstore, youtube, in this forum.

They all experince suddenly lost of rc connection while flying.

I had no issues with mini 1, i am considering to buy mini2 but because of this bug i have doubts.

Dji please solve this bug, so me an others will buy this awesome drone.

See below links for the experience of the owners.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228676&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766

Is this issue solved?

See also,

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228676&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D766%26typeid%3D766
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Netherlands

2021-2-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Generally speaking, disconnection is a normal thing, as the connection range is influenced by hundreds of factors. And most people don't' understand it, yet every day they will be walking long on their cell phone and suddenly lose signal or the connection. The radio band in which we operate is a dumping ground for every un-licensed radio mechanism that technology produces these days, and our drone systems are competing with thousands of WiFi systems, baby monitors, garage door openers and such. In addition, the locality you are operating in can heavily influence the operation as well. And to top it off, the DJI drones are not running a single b-directional radio system, they are running two of them at the one time.
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Netherlands

Verry good explanation and visualisation what will happening when connection is lost.

https://youtu.be/sm2gQ15tj5U
2021-2-3
Use props
boredomisacrime
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390663 ft
Portugal

Hey there, so I came here looking exactly for more information about this, since I just got my Mini 2 back from DJI (crashed the old one, and used fly more insurance) so it is with great surprise when i've flown the little guy twice and both times it lost connection around 200m, when with the original I had flown various times in this exact spot (crashed here also)and easily went 400m without the slightest glitch. So I'm wondering if the unit I got back is defective, or is there an issue pairing the remote to a new drone?
Really a bummer this as it makes using it quite a stressful experience, and before sending it in, connection was always rock solid! If anyone has any tips please share
2021-2-3
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

I wouldn't take too much notice of the guy in the Youtube video you have linked with his "It's a lemon" title. He is just using a clickbait title hoping for more views. He is full of BS.
2021-2-3
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Is it at all possible and "update" was done recently?
Was it working fine before, IF you did do an update?
See where I'm going with this?
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Netherlands

BaliSkies Posted at 2-3 12:57
I wouldn't take too much notice of the guy in the Youtube video you have linked with his "It's a lemon" title. He is just using a clickbait title hoping for more views. He is full of BS.

It is not only that guy, see the comments below his video, more people experience this.

Dji should investigate this.

This is his new video

https://youtu.be/BpwG_d2dIGQ
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

BaliSkies Posted at 2-3 12:57

Are you implying he's lieing about what happend with the connection within a few feet of him?

The range is rubbish on my Mini 2 so far, Black screens losing connection at 400m in open areas.

There are many who reporting similar issues since day 1.
2021-2-3
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 2-3 14:22
Are you implying he's lieing about what happend with the connection within a few feet of him?

The range is rubbish on my Mini 2 so far, Black screens losing connection at 400m in open areas.

I'm not saying he is lying, I AM saying he is making such a broad generalisation with that clickbait title of his on the Youtube video - "DJI Mini 2, It's a Lemon".

Mine is not a lemon as I am sure many others aren't either. I am easily able to reach over 3000 metres before turning around due to battery getting lower.

He is merely using such a dramatic and provocative title to reel in more views to his channel.
2021-2-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

BaliSkies Posted at 2-4 19:17
I'm not saying he is lying, I AM saying he is making such a broad generalisation with that clickbait title of his on the Youtube video - DJI Mini 2, It's a Lemon".

Range is easily the most misunderstood factor in flying these aircraft. Few people understand the complex physics of radio range, especially in the unregulated 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz bands.

In the past, before the introduction of these mass-market toys, radio control newbies were often flying in close proximity to their aircraft and consequently never suffered much in the way of range issues, and if they did, there were often experienced flyers around to make sure they understood why.

These days, you fly by your own and without the advantage of someone experienced to help. And you fly at further distances because you have an on-board camera.

Many people are flying in close to suburban areas that are flooded with WiFi signals from just about every house containing a WiFi router and/or extender, and you are absolutely going to suffer problems in that situation.
2021-2-4
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2-4 19:36
Range is easily the most misunderstood factor in flying these aircraft. Few people understand the complex physics of radio range, especially in the unregulated 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz bands.

In the past, before the introduction of these mass-market toys, radio control newbies were often flying in close proximity to their aircraft and consequently never suffered much in the way of range issues, and if they did, there were often experienced flyers around to make sure they understood why.

Absolutely right mate, 100%! People tend to forget about  the significant amount of competing wifi signals out there and then they complain about loss of signal/connection errors. I only sometimes get about 500 metres in my neighbourhood due to the glut of wifi routers etc in the suburbs. But when I take it somewhere outside built up areas where I can get a good line of sight for an extended distance, I can then fly the Mini 2 over 3kms easily.

Henrik the Youtuber loves using his clickbait titles to lure more subscribers, that is without any doubt.
2021-2-4
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Netherlands

BaliSkies Posted at 2-4 21:13
Absolutely right mate, 100%! People tend to forget about  the significant amount of competing wifi signals out there and then they complain about loss of signal/connection errors. I only sometimes get about 500 metres in my neighbourhood due to the glut of wifi routers etc in the suburbs. But when I take it somewhere outside built up areas where I can get a good line of sight for an extended distance, I can then fly the Mini 2 over 3kms easily.

Henrik the Youtuber loves using his clickbait titles to lure more subscribers, that is without any doubt.
The connection lost in his situation is not the same as the signal lost that you get when the remote control has no connection with the drone.

In his situation connection between rc and phone is abrupted.

That is different.

I agree that most unexperienced people generalise the connection lost like if its a bug. Most of the case it is normal because of the circumstances.
2021-2-4
Use props
PexiSun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59521 ft
Lithuania

I think this belongs better here:

Yesterday (4. March) I was taking panorama photos with my Mini 2. I took wide panorama pictures (9 photos J+R) and every single time during the last few photos the "Aircraft lost connection to RC" - info was displayed. The screen went black but the RC was still controlling the drone and because I had it visible, it was easy to get the drone back. It happened 4-5 times, so everytime I tried. Afterwards I checked the SD-card and all the photos were however taken.

Today I upgraded to the new app version and my versions are:
Aircraft Firmware: 01.02.0300
RC Firmware: 02.00.1200
FlyApp Version: 1.3.0

After FlyApp upgrade I tested and took over 400 different panorama photos. Not a single "Lost connection" -warning! Looks very promising!
2021-3-5
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I've never had a lost connection!
But I always only fly in open, undeveloped areas, far away from settlements or the like.
2021-3-5
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I’m not blaming anyone
There are at times the signal can break up even when close. If the controller / antenna are not directly pointing directly toward the drone.
I do remember reading in the past even when direct,y above it can loose the signal . Something in line with the drone , you,tree,  could disrupt the signal.
Just keep an eye on it and see if it occurs again and just think about what is going on.
Llet us know how things work out in the future.
You are very expire very pilot so I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_sgQowuIzg4PD
New

Maldives

I’ve experienced the same issue today while I was taking shots of a reclamation island in the Maldives. I got panicked because I thought I lost my bird. I pressed home button and I was lucky enough that it came to the home point. This issue happened just after the second flight, after the latest update.
2021-12-6
Use props
djiuser_I03uRuzns9jH
New

Netherlands

djiuser_sgQowuIzg4PD Posted at 12-6 20:48
I’ve experienced the same issue today while I was taking shots of a reclamation island in the Maldives. I got panicked because I thought I lost my bird. I pressed home button and I was lucky enough that it came to the home point. This issue happened just after the second flight, after the latest update.
But when signal is completely lost drone will return to rth point?  It is a question. I am a new user. Mini 2.
2021-12-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_I03uRuzns9jH Posted at 12-9 05:34
But when signal is completely lost drone will return to rth point?  It is a question. I am a new user. Mini 2.

yes....

if ofcourse HP is recorded at your takeoff point.

Do you know how to check your compass before starting a flight?
That is the most important check for DJI drones....

cheers
JJB
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_R88cdBERzxQH
New

Australia

boredomisacrime Posted at 2021-2-3 10:02
Hey there, so I came here looking exactly for more information about this, since I just got my Mini 2 back from DJI (crashed the old one, and used fly more insurance) so it is with great surprise when i've flown the little guy twice and both times it lost connection around 200m, when with the original I had flown various times in this exact spot (crashed here also)and easily went 400m without the slightest glitch. So I'm wondering if the unit I got back is defective, or is there an issue pairing the remote to a new drone?
Really a bummer this as it makes using it quite a stressful experience, and before sending it in, connection was always rock solid! If anyone has any tips please share

Hey mate, I had the exact same deal. I just got my replacement from DJI and I am only getting one to two bard of reception within 2 meters. Its shocking, old one I never had an issue with. Did you ever find a solution? Ive attahced a screenshot. -Harry
Screenshot_20220509-164234~2.jpg
2022-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_R88cdBERzxQH Posted at 5-8 23:20
Hey mate, I had the exact same deal. I just got my replacement from DJI and I am only getting one to two bard of reception within 2 meters. Its shocking, old one I never had an issue with. Did you ever find a solution? Ive attahced a screenshot. -Harry

If you want to show a featureless screen capture of the App, minimise the map and set the camera to manual exposure with grossly under-exposed settings, it works quite well.
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_OfjqnX5Rqgk0
New

Brazil

Just happened to me also. Lost connection. Tried everything. Was able to re-connect a few times for less than a few seconds each. Not enough. Would not return to home.

Watched helplessly as the battery died and it dropped into the ocean. The surf school tried to save it, but couldnt grab it before it sank. :-(

Something major went wrong. Why would this happen all of a sudden? Experienced operator. Flew in this area before, no problems. Flown long range before, no problems. Flown from boat over the ocean, no problems. This was a really close flight, low altitude to film surfers. Super sad to see our favorite tool and footage drown.
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_b8iMdIVrx0G7
lvl.1

United States

This also happened to me except I lost mine. It lost all satellites and rc signal at same time. I just recently purchased a second mini 2 and on its first flight outside it happened again. luckily this time it was only for 3 or 4 secs and regained all signals and i flew back home and now unsure what to do. Kinda scared to fly.
2023-1-16
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

djiuser_R88cdBERzxQH Posted at 2022-5-8 23:20
Hey mate, I had the exact same deal. I just got my replacement from DJI and I am only getting one to two bard of reception within 2 meters. Its shocking, old one I never had an issue with. Did you ever find a solution? Ive attahced a screenshot. -Harry

This problem is a chronic problem of DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3. (ALL HAVE THIS DEFECT)
I was a victim of "this" defective firmware.
It actually works like this: Dones 1, 2 and 3 DO NOT have a cooling fan. If the update takes a long time, more than 8 minutes, it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.
This information should be mentioned in the equipment manual and even in the DJI FLY informing to perform the firmware update ONLY on cold days or in places with a lot of ventilation.
Even recommending the use of mechanical fans to help cool the equipment during the update.
In Brazil some companies manage to change this chipset. DJI's recommendation (support) is to change the coreboard (motherboard.) and then they going to put it and charge R$ 1,400.00 for the change coreboard here in Brazil.
This amateur mistake (hidden defect) should be treated with respect to the customer (BUT DJI wouldn't deny the roots of Chinese products right). If you search the internet, you will see MANY people reporting the same defect. DJI Forum, MAVIC PILOTS Forum, Youtube.
Just put "DJI 5.8 GHZ stop work or weak signal" and you will see several complaints.

I bought my drone at BESTBUY in Canada in November 2022 and I came to Brazil. I received the update 01.06.0200 and performed the update in the living room at home. Since then, the 5.8 GHZ has never worked again.
I opened a call at DJI Brasil and they informed me that I should send my drone to Canada for analysis and forwarded my call to DJI Los Angeles.
Since then I had been exchanging messages with DUKE (Employee of the DJI support team) and he suggested that I update the firmware again. I had already done it twice to try to solve it but I did it for the third time and guess what? Same thing!

Then I exchanged emails with Sherry (DJI Technical Support) who recommended that I send the drone for analysis and that I would need to pay the costs. I asked then if they would not sell me the core board and she said no and that only the DJI can repair it (to charge dearly for a defect they caused!!)

It is absurd for a product to be sold with such a basic error that a simple message on DJI FLY would solve it or better alert it.
I am very disappointed with the quality of DJI products and the lack of support.
It explains why the guarantee is not global and makes Chinese products famous!!! It's explained because their Action Cam will NEVER be a GOPRO!!!
DJI NEVER AGAIN!!!
2023-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules