12478 19 2021-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danman132x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19177 ft
United States

Hello all,
I bought a DJI Mini 2 recently and have been using it a bit the last few days. I got a new phone today, a Samsung Galaxy S21+ and the videos are not caching to it. I'm talking about the low res ones that record to the phone, while the high res ones record to the memory card. On my S20+ I had before, videos would cache correctly.

Just to go over a few things I've tried, I made sure to go to settings under camera and make sure "cache when recording" is turned on. I also increased the max video cache capacity to 16GB. Memory isn't an issue though, over 90GB free on device. Photos I take on the mavic mini 2 show just fine on my phone. But I can't get the videos for quick edits on the phone to upload to social media etc, or if the drone were to become lost I wouldn't have a copy to view locally.

I made sure to give the app all permissions it asked for. I tried reinstalling the DJI Fly app also, but this didn't help either. The videos on my phone show up as an unreadable file on 0kb and a grey square so it's like trying to send something, but it just doesnt work past that.

I'm attaching a couple screenshots to show how it looks. Photos send over fine, videos only a blank file.

Screenshot_20210202-181926_Gallery.png
Screenshot_20210202-175525_Gallery.png
2021-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there danman132x. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S21+ ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S21+ will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-2-2
Use props
Henry Tong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65358 ft
United States

I got the same problem. I think I will just return the phone.
2021-2-4
Use props
fans1c5fad43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19177 ft
United States

Do you know if there are any updates coming to make the s21 and s21+ compatible? It works fine but still not saving the cache video to my phone. I updated the the 1.2.4 version. Hopefully compatibility will be updated soon. I want the low res version for quick media uploads from the phone etc, or in a flyaway situation.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Makes zero sense that the latest Samsung phone wouldn’t work ...Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you. I notices sometimes I found mine in a hidden folder
2021-2-12
Use props
Dave1975
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3074403 ft
Belgium

I was looking how to solve the same problem in DJI fly 1.3.0. I have a Samsung S51 connected with a Air2 and mini (1), I am not willing to buy every update a new phone as this is the "solution"

2021-4-12
Use props
bocian666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708133 ft
United Kingdom

Dave1975 Posted at 4-12 04:30
I was looking how to solve the same problem in DJI fly 1.3.0. I have a Samsung S51 connected with a Air2 and mini (1), I am not willing to buy every update a new phone as this is the "solution"

Hello let me get this straight. At the back on that box from your drone it is written “made for iPhone”. Years ago I bought and Samsung from The list of recommended device and that was a mistake. I have no idea who compiled this list. Yes it is right the drone would fly but quite a few very important communication from the drone it’s not displayed properly because Samsung or either HTC cannot read the error communicate properly, for example; instead of saying please consider to warm up your battery before you fly in the winter, it is screaming in red. Error, land now!. There are many other examples similar to this.
However today I’m on the same page as my iPhone does not caching  video from Mini 2 to the phone when the  option to do so is on. Does anyone know why. All updates up to date. Reinstall done still nothing.
2021-6-9
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

I am finding on the later Samsung phones they work on the version 1.4.0 of the DJI Fly app (not the latest 1.4.2)  we await DJI to address this
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_YgQpRyOqSj4D
New

Australia

Same issue here, cached video fail to load after a few hours or maybe its after more video's are added. I think it is flushing out the previously saved video's to make space for newer videos. I'm using Samsung S9
2021-6-14
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
South Africa

Slightly off topic here but still relevant. I had a nice flight now at lunchtime but prior to flying I put my Samsung into "airplane mode" and I took a few pics . I see that they arent cached to the phone although the quickshot is. I can retrieve the pics off the SD card so all good . Is this normal ?
2021-6-15
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
South Africa

World Cup soccer stadium here in Port Elizabeth South Africa
2021-6-15
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Check, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=239117 and others about S21 issues!
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_uVL3LpHibj7F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638133 ft
United States

Same issue. Just started after last update. I have a Moto Z4. Sounds like a DJI issue.
2022-2-23
Use props
Roxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29075 ft
United Kingdom

Hi New to the Forum,
I too have had similar problems with cached video, Still images were no problem but Videos were not showing.
Had a wee fiddle around this afternoon and found that any format 4K 2.7K or 1080 recorded at 30fps were OK but anything higher just wouldn't show, all the files were however saved to the SD card on the Mini2.
I'm using a Lenovo P11 Plus by the way, for what its worth I "Borrowed" the wifes S20 before getting the Lenovo and it worked perfectly at 4K 30fps.
Can only suggest giving this workaround a try if cached files are essential.
Hope that helps.
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_VxaKPAQDjtzG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 933694 ft
United States

Roxi Posted at 2-23 15:45
Hi New to the Forum,
I too have had similar problems with cached video, Still images were no problem but Videos were not showing.
Had a wee fiddle around this afternoon and found that any format 4K 2.7K or 1080 recorded at 30fps were OK but anything higher just wouldn't show, all the files were however saved to the SD card on the Mini2.

Thats EXACTLY what happens to me.  All resolutions cache videos only at 30fps or lower. For example, 4k @30fps or less.  2.7k @30fps or less.  1080p @30fps or less......these all cache.

Anything over 30 fps on any resolution doesnt cache.  But like you mentioned, photos cache fine.

If anything. Its all on the sd card.  So when connected to the aircraft, you can just upload to cache app album.
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_72A0QUpuz7VB
New
Flight distance : 65197 ft
Brazil

I'm facing the same problem, DJI FLY app version 1.5.10, doesn't cache any video or photo and my phone is a P30 PRO.

My smartphone is on the supported device list.

I tried everything, restart the phone, the drone, formatted the sd card, but nothing worked.

How can we fix it DJI?

We need this feature asap.
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EpIHK73jgVzW
New

Poland

I have the same problem on Samsung S20 FE.
Any updates regarding this issue? Cached videos were very useful....
2022-6-29
Use props
colshykush
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there I have much the same problem except my app album is completely empty after the last update, both videos and photos, downloading photos from the mini 2 sends them to my gallery now and not the app album and if i try to download a sphere it sends a stretched out weird panorama to the gallery, and the videos go to the gallery to, i presumed the cache allowance had reached its max and thats why it was no longer keeping a cached copy on the app album so i cleared the cache expecting the album to start to fill again but nothing, i can choose the gallery as the source for editing but the spheres are stretched out and unusable, and the only way ive found to upload to social is to keep the mini 2 connected to the controller while you edit, i have the huawei P smart 2019 and it has worked flawlessly up to the last update.
2022-7-3
Use props
LadyMavic2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I updated and have had one photo cached to my phone. previously no problems at all.
2-15 07:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LadyMavic2 Posted at 2-15 07:59
I updated and have had one photo cached to my phone. previously no problems at all.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you having issues with your unit? If yes, please tell us more about the detailed issue so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your valued support.
2-16 01:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules