Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed after 'max motor speed reached'
1294 7 2021-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Hi Forum,
I got this message (flashed few times) from DJI GO 4 Pro soon after P4P v2.0 took off from ground (using precision landing) with GPS home point locked :  "max motor speed reached."
I saw the P4P ascending to a certain height and stopped.  While I was trying to adjust the video camera setting (my eyes was on the GO 4 Pro for , may be 10 seconds).   Then all of sudden I heard the P4P dropped to the ground in front of me.   Why did it happen ?

Lucky, it dropped on a glass field and did not cause any damage (I hope).  Then I turned off everything and started over again 2 more times.   Each time P4P behaved the same.  But the second time and the third time, I did not take my eyes off the P4P.  For some unknown reason, each time after it took off from ground and climbed straight up to certain height, then it started decscending quickly to the ground by itself.    So, I pushed up the left control stick all the way up to try to keep the P4P above the ground, so it would not dropped to the ground again.   

I manually controlled it to ascending high up, and tried to take a panorama photos, but it would not let me do that.  Then the P4P descending again on its own quicky.   When it was about 50 feet above me, I tried to slow it down by pushing the left control stick all the way up again.  And it did stop further descending.

Then I tried to manually landing it by pushing the left control stick down slowly, but strange that the P4P started to ascending up again on its own even when I pushed the left control sick all the way down.  I battled up and down with the P4P, and finally landed it.    It happened the same in the 2nd and the 3rd flight.   Then I stopped and packed up everything and went home.

Please check the flight record to see what has happened?  And why I got the message "max motor speed reached'  and why the P4P v2 goes up and down on its own.

Here is the flight records of the 3 flights I made on Jan 31.  3 *.DAT files copied from p4p v2.0 internal memory.  The other 4 files are copied from DJI GO 4 folder of my cell phone.  One of the *.DAT file from P4P internal memory file size is 120 MBytes.  You may need to download few times to get it.

Thanks
Sam.
2021-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sam. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened on your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If the said DJI Drone is still within the warranty period, DJI will help to apply data analysis and a proper solution will be provided based on the result of the data analysis. You may contact or DJI Support Team at : https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-2-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Here is the flight records of the 3 flights I made on Jan 31.
Where?
It would hlep if you'd included a link to where the files are.
Are the txt flight records there too?
2021-2-2
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Sorry forgot to post the flight record link earlier.  Here it is : https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... qqdAvbC?usp=sharing
2021-2-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drone AV Posted at 2-3 05:55
Sorry forgot to post the flight record link earlier.  Here it is : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qYhjAKxANgp9ZJorr8jHwlYhDqqdAvbC?usp=sharing

You also forgot to make it public
2021-2-3
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
Hong Kong

How to make it public ?
Last time I posted to the forum the same way and it works.

Thanks
Sam.
2021-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drone AV Posted at 2-22 10:18
How to make it public ?
Last time I posted to the forum the same way and it works.

This is what anyone sees after clicking your link:
Lk.jpg
2021-2-22
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
Hong Kong

No idea what to do.
But thanks for trying.
I ended up taking my drone to DJI for examination and repair.

Sam.
2021-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules