584 1 2021-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dsanchez1977
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24413 ft
United States

Hello,

I'm traveling with a Mavic Air 2 to South America. I need information regarding the batteries. Do they need to be in LIPO safety bags when traveling on a plane or can i just carry them in the travel bag provided by DJI? can they be carried fully charged or they need to be completed depleted before air travel.

Addicionally does any one know the current procedures when going thriugh TSA security here in the States. Do I need to pull the drone and batteries out of the carry bag and place them in a bin at the TSA check point. Can someone recommed a good carry case besides the DJI carry bag that can fit on a everyday back pack 40 L but still have enough room for 3 days worth of clothing etc...

If any one has any info it will be greatly appreciated.
2021-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should check with the air line you are flying with,  they set the rules for what they allow on the plane.    I usually keep my batteries in separate lipo bags as they are really cheap,  but Ive never put the drone in a separate tray,  just leave it in my rucksack for the X-ray machine and pull the laptop/iPads out separately.
2021-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules