Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering isnt there something wrong with one of engines?  Please look at video. I'm trying to slowly spin engines with propellers, and as you see two of engines are rotating quite freely, and one seems to be some kind of choppy. I do not feel that this one has any stronger resistance or anything like that. Drone is flying normally without any errors. I just would like not to be suprised someday and look for drone in middle of field or city...

2021-2-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That looks line it could have some sand or something in the motors, put some high air pressure in there to clean the motors out.
2021-2-3
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

My drone with one of the motors has the same situation. This was discovered right after the purchase of the drone. It has no effect on flights. Dirt or sand in the motor is excluded. The shaft rotates easily. But not as elastic as the other three motors. If, by analogy with an internal combustion engine, then, as it were, less compression.In general, the question is interesting. Why are the engines so different?
2021-2-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, adrian8891. Thanks for reaching out! We have checked the video you have posted and can confirm that this is within normal usage.

For normal brushless motors, the resistance of the forward and reverse rotation is the same, which is composed of cogging torque and friction resistance but when the motor is rotated with hand, the result could be similar to the video you have posted.

If there is any abnormality in the motors, it is commonly be detected by the main controller and the DJI App would prompt a relative warning.  If there is no warning, then it should be fine.

By the way, It is not suggested to rotate the motor by hand with high frequency.
2021-2-9
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-9 03:27
Hi, adrian8891. Thanks for reaching out! We have checked the video you have posted and can confirm that this is within normal usage.

For normal brushless motors, the resistance of the forward and reverse rotation is the same, which is composed of cogging torque and friction resistance but when the motor is rotated with hand, the result could be similar to the video you have posted.

Ok, thank you all for replies!
2021-2-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

adrian8891 Posted at 2-9 03:30
Ok, thank you all for replies!

You're most welcome and thank you for your continued support.
2021-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules