Mini 2, can't update firmware, firmware version 'N/A'
7975 33 2021-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moshbit
lvl.1
United States

Okay, so I've already filed two tickets about this and have recieved no replies whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement that the ticket was recieved/filed. Along with all the other similar threads I've seen on this forum, it seems like a lot of people on the DJI support team need to be replaced with folks that will actually do the job. The forums is the only place I see anything get done, so I'm making my 3rd attempt here.

I recently purcased the DJI Mini 2, and it's been working fine, except for the fact that I cannot get it registered for the flyaway program. I paid for the DJI refresh program when buying the drone.

First issue was that the 'latest' version of the DJI Fly app was 1.2.1 on the google play store. As of 2/3/21, this is still the newest version of the app. This version of the app does not have the option to register your drone equipment for the flyaway or refresh program. I was directed by the online support chat to download the latest apk from the dji website (1.2.4). This version DOES have the option to register equipment, which makes sense.

Unfortunately, here lies the problem. When using the DJI fly app, it says my mini 2's firmware is 'N/A'. If i try to update the firmware, I get a pop up saying I have the latest version (which I know is incorrect). When I try to register the drone, I get a message saying the drone's firmware must be updated first. So I am now in a catch-22 situation where I cannot update the firmware, and I cannot register the drone through the app because I can't update the firmware.

I have tried to update the firmware both via the app/controller, and also via the desktop app. The desktop app will not give me the option to update the firmware, only download error logs. I've even tried recalibrating the compass and IMC with no change in the issue.

The DJI Mini 2 is also not appearing on my list of purchased equipment, making it difficult to file a repair request. I'm hoping @dji natalia or @dji stephen can help me resolve this issue.

2021-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi moshbit, I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered, I understand that must be frustrated for you.  

Regarding the case, please provide the screenshot of the firmware version of the drone, and the app log (please connect the mobile device to the computer, route: \DJI\dji.go.v5\LOG), the aircraft log (please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the log file).
If an SD card is used at that time, please help export the MISC folder to us, please first set the PC to show hidden files: Go to “Computer”- click “Organize”- click “Folders and search options”- click the “View” tab – In the “Advanced settings” find and select the “Show hidden files, folders, or drives” option – then click “Apply”
Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive, I will check with our engineers.

For the no reply issue, I tried to trace your inquiry sent by your forum email account but did not see any email from this address. May I know if you received the ticket number after submitting the email? If yes, please provide the ticket number to me for further investigation.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_mvcIQx4qJNTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 580243 ft
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2-3 19:44
Hi moshbit, I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered, I understand that must be frustrated for you.  

Regarding the case, please provide the screenshot of the firmware version of the drone, and the app log (please connect the mobile device to the computer, route: \DJI\dji.go.v5\LOG), the aircraft log (please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the log file).

Screenshot_20210207-111921_XPlayer.jpg
2021-2-7
Use props
djiuser_mY6r9mGfRv4U
lvl.1

United States

Exactly what my Mini 2 is showing yet says server busy try later when I check for updates on iOS.
2021-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry for the issue. Could you please help to export the log as well so we can check the details? I am looking forward to hearing back from you.
2021-2-8
Use props
moshbit
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-3 19:44

this is the firmware version that is showing when using the dji fly app:

Screenshot_20210129-130837_DJI_Fly.png

this is the screen shot saying my firmware is up to date:

Screenshot_20210129-131431_DJI_Fly.png

this is the screen shot showing that i cannot register my drone for the flyaway program because my firmware is 'not up to date':

Screenshot_20210129-131502_DJI_Fly.png

this is the LOG folder from the app on my phone as requested:

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZCF1hXZxxtydUNXUiVdxs9LNkHlvkPh17w7

this is the export file from the drone itself, using the DJI desktop software:

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ141hXZSafYCDnRwTLPaCpElsFoQVHE4WzX

@dji susan please let me know how to proceed once you've had a chance to review.

2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_mvcIQx4qJNTZ
lvl.2
Spain

Tengo esactamente los mismos problemas
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_mvcIQx4qJNTZ
lvl.2
Spain

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17P7eNEnelfZvrn0zPkrv2Xmd-7fXyT5q/view?usp=drivesdk
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

moshbit Posted at 2-8 09:17
this is the firmware version that is showing when using the dji fly app:

[view_image]

Thank you very much for getting back to me with the details, I am downloading and will forward it to our engineers to check the issue. I will keep you updated once I hear back from them.
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_mvcIQx4qJNTZ Posted at 2-8 15:19
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17P7eNEnelfZvrn0zPkrv2Xmd-7fXyT5q/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi, I had sent the access request, please check and approve.
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_mvcIQx4qJNTZ
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2-8 19:13
Hi, I had sent the access request, please check and approve.

Permiso concedido
2021-2-8
Use props
moshbit
lvl.1
United States

@dji susan can i get a support ticket number to track this issue with? i still haven't gotten one.
2021-2-10
Use props
fans6b88e7e3
lvl.2
Austria

Same issue with my Mini 2 ! Any news?
2021-2-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

moshbit Posted at 2-10 22:25
@dji susan can i get a support ticket number to track this issue with? i still haven't gotten one.

I am sorry for the delay. Since the issue may relate to the firmware, the log file from the SD card is still needed.
You may start up the drone, wait for 2-3 mins, then you can power off the drone, read the MISC folder, and export the files. Look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you so much for your cooperation.
2021-2-17
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Fishy.  You could also uninstall the new app, and reinstall the app from the playstore.
I'm not going to fly until this is hammered out in a legit way.  If I cannot execute the flyaway coverage, it will happen, and then I will think it was intentional.

Susan, why not just solve the problem here?  Then when someone posts again, you can point them here.  Each of these threads, dies off with nothing further, no solution, no explanation .... just a soft apology.

I don't make $ with my drone, it's just suppose to be fun, and it's not.  If this isn't summed up soon, I'll just sell off my toy and buy more fishing gear.
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Try to read the fw version. or even load a new firmware using this program: dh-win-v1.14.exe
2021-2-18
Use props
moshbit
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-17 19:45
I am sorry for the delay. Since the issue may relate to the firmware, the log file from the SD card is still needed.
You may start up the drone, wait for 2-3 mins, then you can power off the drone, read the MISC folder, and export the files. Look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you so much for your cooperation.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZVWOjXZQBY7rStGdd7yPt6bSuX2JRDlgADX

this is the link to the MISC folder on the sd card. please expedite this case.
2021-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

moshbit Posted at 2-18 11:02
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZVWOjXZQBY7rStGdd7yPt6bSuX2JRDlgADX

this is the link to the MISC folder on the sd card. please expedite this case.

Thank you, the files had been forwarded to the engineers. Once there is an update, I will get back to you right away.
2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, for the issue, I am sorry that it may not be able to solve remotely. The drone will need to be sent in for further assistance.
Please start an online service request on DJI website and send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
Please provide the case number to me once you have started and received the case number.
Apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you for your cooperation.
2021-2-22
Use props
moshbit
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 19:36
Hi there, for the issue, I am sorry that it may not be able to solve remotely. The drone will need to be sent in for further assistance.
Please start an online service request on DJI website and send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
Please provide the case number to me once you have started and received the case number.

the problem is that i can't select my drone in that repair service page. im guessing this is because i haven't been able to register the drone with dji because of this firmware issue? i have it in my orders page but can't select it in the repair link you gave me. what should i do?

edit: nevermind, i figured it out by uploading a proof of purchase from the store page receipt.

2021-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

moshbit Posted at 2-22 19:39
the problem is that i can't select my drone in that repair service page. im guessing this is because i haven't been able to register the drone with dji because of this firmware issue? i have it in my orders page but can't select it in the repair link you gave me. what should i do?

edit: nevermind, i figured it out by uploading a proof of purchase from the store page receipt.

Hi, you have started the case, right? You can also start it with the option "Choose your product by:".

2021-2-22
Use props
moshbit
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 19:36
Please start an online service request on DJI website and send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
Please provide the case number to me once you have started and received the case number.

case number is CAS-5926152-D0V9D1
2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

moshbit Posted at 2-23 10:06
case number is CAS-5926152-D0V9D1

Got it with thanks. Our team will take care of your case after receiving the package.
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_mvcIQx4qJNTZ
lvl.2
Spain

CAS-5890173-C6W9L1

Mi mini2 acaba de llegar a holanda, espero tenerlo reparado de vuelta lo más pronto posible.
2021-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_mvcIQx4qJNTZ Posted at 2-25 02:19
CAS-5890173-C6W9L1

Mi mini2 acaba de llegar a holanda, espero tenerlo reparado de vuelta lo más pronto posible.

The drone was registered into the system, the local team will help with it as soon as possible during working hours.
2021-2-26
Use props
fans67d8f171
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3802 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi I am having the exact same issue I have tried to create a log and it fails every time
2021-3-22
Use props
meeHow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39012 ft
Poland

I have exactly the same problem with my Mini 2. DJI Fly App doesn't recognise aircraft firmware version (N/A). I'm not able to extend my Care Refresh with Flyaway Coverage.
Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Is there any other way to reset or reinstall firmware without using DJI Fly App?
2021-4-7
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

meeHow Posted at 4-7 11:17
I have exactly the same problem with my Mini 2. DJI Fly App doesn't recognise aircraft firmware version (N/A). I'm not able to extend my Care Refresh with Flyaway Coverage.
Does anyone has a solution for this problem? Is there any other way to reset or reinstall firmware without using DJI Fly App?

You can use the DJI assistant software to upgrade firmware, all you need to do it edit a file or it wont show the firmware upgrade section

Vide guide is here, this isnt my fix, someone gave me the info so Kudos to that person.

2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_RM9DY1eFp7hz
New

Poland

crash1sttime Posted at 4-20 09:01
You can use the DJI assistant software to upgrade firmware, all you need to do it edit a file or it wont show the firmware upgrade section

Vide guide is here, this isnt my fix, someone gave me the info so Kudos to that person.

Thx man!!!!!! Its work !!!!
2021-7-24
Use props
djiuser_2uX4m64CaOLk
lvl.1
United States

I had same problem the same, and had to ship to Dji to repair or get a new one
2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_2uX4m64CaOLk Posted at 10-31 22:32
I had same problem the same, and had to ship to Dji to repair or get a new one

Hi there, sorry to read about this. Hope you have solved the issue. If there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2021-11-3
Use props
marcy_521
New
Flight distance : 3760 ft
Japan

crash1sttime Posted at 2021-4-20 09:01

Thank you, I solved on my windows PC. But I can not on my Mac.
Maybe Mac user have other issues.
2022-6-1
Use props
SpookiLooki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1730663 ft
Philippines

Mini 2 firmware version 'N/A' following app update version 1.7.4

For the Windows user, it is relatively easy by following the guides from these videos (Kudos to them)
Link 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XUVLK1KfU
Link 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlCwktnDf4

For the Mac users (like me), I've figured a way to do it and it is similar to the steps on the videos, but here it is:
1. Go to Application

2. Click on the app DJI Assistant 2 & left click on it to "show package contents"

3. Click on contents

4. Click on "MAC OS"

5. Find & double click on "defaultsettings.ini"

6. Once you double click on "defaultsettings.ini" , the box would then appear for you & just change all "0" Zero values to "1"  and just close it away to save the changes

Go through with the videos above and you'd be all set!
2022-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules