Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Noisy Mini 2
6126 7 2021-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clamb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2142602 ft
United Kingdom

I got a DJI Mini 2 just before Christmas and while I love pretty much everything about the drone, the one question I have is “is it supposed to be as loud as it is?”

I’ve seen lots of reviews and videos online of people gushing about how quiet it is, however I’ve never been overly impressed with the noise levels, from new even at maximum AGL of 120meters I can still hear mine fine.

Is this about what others find or is it an issue with mine?

I’m just worried in case mine has an underlying issue with one of its motors or something that’s going to come back and bite me at some point or if it’s expected to be able to hear it at 120m up still (not with the best hearing in the world at my age too)
2021-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.
2021-2-4
Use props
_djiguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80410 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Clamb,

I've got a mini 2, and yes, mine is also loud, of course, without a video I can't say if it's louder than mine, but I can hear mine zip past over my head while rather high, and of course while it's hovering in front of me, I need to raise my voice slightly
2021-2-4
Use props
Clamb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2142602 ft
United Kingdom

_djiguy Posted at 2-4 01:22
Hey Clamb,

I've got a mini 2, and yes, mine is also loud, of course, without a video I can't say if it's louder than mine, but I can hear mine zip past over my head while rather high, and of course while it's hovering in front of me, I need to raise my voice slightly

Thanks, I’m glad it’s not just me then. That gives me some reassurance that it may be working as designed rather than perhaps having an underlying issue on mine. The volume itself doesn’t bother me, it’s not as if I’m using it for spying on anyone or anything, rather I was worried it may have a motor issue or something.
2021-2-4
Use props
Widdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13363 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you brought this up mate as I was thinking the same - so many YouTube videos with comments on how quiet it is and can't even hear it above 200ft etc. Thought mine was a dodgy one till I saw this lol! :-)
2021-4-14
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Yeah, no problem it is totally normal.
Unless you hear a sound that is not continuous. Like if something was stuck in the motors.
Turn the motors with your fingers (No need to turn on the drone), you shouldn't feel any resistance other than the motor's magnets
Also, check the props, it should be smooth.
If it passes this test, you have a normal and working Mini 2
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_eqgpNh1HOKYn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7378875 ft
United States

Clamb Posted at 2-4 02:36
Thanks, I’m glad it’s not just me then. That gives me some reassurance that it may be working as designed rather than perhaps having an underlying issue on mine. The volume itself doesn’t bother me, it’s not as if I’m using it for spying on anyone or anything, rather I was worried it may have a motor issue or something.

I own 2....  DJI Mini 2s and right out of the boxes one sounds louder than the other,  and different sounding,, so they all have different  Is characteristics.
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_eqgpNh1HOKYn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7378875 ft
United States

No two sound the same...
2021-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules