Cannot connect to DJI Mini 2
4674 4 2021-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paulym
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey guys,

I've recently got a mini 2 and I don't seem to be able to connect it to my android phone (pixel 3a). I've also tried connecting to a iphone SE 2020 but no luck either

I've contacted DJI who have recommended sending it back but I was just wondering if anyone has any tips before I go through all that hassle?

I've done everything on the DJI connection video, including holding the power button down for 4 seconds to enter pairing mode. I've removed the memroy card and made sure all batteries are fully charged. Have also downloaded the DJI Fly 1.2.4 app (from the website, not available on google play), and I've tried turning USB debugging on etc but still no luck!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Paul

2021-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Paul, I am sorry for the issue, may I know if the mobile devices recognized the connection when it is connected to the controller? If there is no connection at all, you may need to send the unit back for further diagnosis.
If the connection is recognized, please try another mobile device to isolate the issue again, since iPhone SE and Pixel 3A are not listed in the compatible devices list.
The recommended mobile devices list can be checked on this website.
2021-2-3
Use props
Paulym
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2-3 22:56
Hi Paul, I am sorry for the issue, may I know if the mobile devices recognized the connection when it is connected to the controller? If there is no connection at all, you may need to send the unit back for further diagnosis.
If the connection is recognized, please try another mobile device to isolate the issue again, since iPhone SE and Pixel 3A are not listed in the compatible devices list.
The recommended mobile devices list can be checked on this website.

Thanks for your reply. It's never been recognised and also hasn't connected to the remote when manually trying to pair directly without the phone.
2021-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paulym Posted at 2-3 23:17
Thanks for your reply. It's never been recognised and also hasn't connected to the remote when manually trying to pair directly without the phone.

Thank you for getting back. You may provide a video of your case for further confirmation since the solutions for the connection issue between drone to RC and RC to the controller are different.

When the controller is disconnected from the aircraft, please relink the drone and RC, you can check by whether the gimbal can be controlled by the RC.

If the drone and RC are connected to each other, the issue is between the RC and mobile device. As the mobile device does not recognize the connection, you may need to send the drone and controller back for further diagnosis.
2021-2-4
Use props
AtPlaces
lvl.2
United States

Also, idk but the mavic mini app could be faulty. First of all, it wont even download on most devices- I recommend trying to download a third party app, such as Rainbow For DJI, or check some online tutorials in pairing the drone to the controller! hope that helps
2021-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules