1164 5 2021-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft
Germany

Hello,
is it normal that the stick units of the Smart  Controller have a slight wobble (mechanical) around the center point. It  does not trigger any drift and is a minor issue, just wondering. The  normal Mavic 2 controller does not have this. (Sticks are tightened  correctly). Besides that the Smart Controller has excellent build  quality.

2021-2-3
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Just checked with my SC, it's maybe 1/10mm wobble around the center measured on top of the sticks. I didn't even notice that before I've read your post. So no, the sticks are actually very tight. Depending how picky you are
2021-2-3
Use props
laduke
lvl.2
Germany

On my Smart Controller it's more like 1/2 mm. Nothing game breaking for a  photography drone if there is no drift. But I also fly RC helicopters, which are not autonomous, and I am used to very precise stick units. Maybe because of that I noticed it.
2021-2-3
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

laduke Posted at 2-3 11:44
On my Smart Controller it's more like 1/2 mm. Nothing game breaking for a  photography drone if there is no drift. But I also fly RC helicopters, which are not autonomous, and I am used to very precise stick units. Maybe because of that I noticed it.

If you don't encounter any drift I think that's allright. The SC is, and I totally agree with you, a high quality product.
2021-2-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, laduke. Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to know more about your inquiry. If you could kindly, please upload a short clip depicting the slight wobbling in the RC sticks so we can further check on it. Looking forward to your response.
2021-2-9
Use props
laduke
lvl.2
Germany

Sorry, I have sent the Smart Controller back but I try to explain:
The wobble comes from the stick unit itself, you can feel it even with sticks not attached. Wobble was 0.5 mm in x-axis on right stick unit. Replaced the Smart Controller. On new one: 0.5 mm in y-axis on both stick units. Standard Controllers of my Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Zoom do not have this issue. They are firm.
So I reached out for DJI chat support (Germany) and he told me that the sticks on his Smart Controller are firm. But I have had 2 brand new Smart Controllers with this issue now. Sent them back. Don't want to order any more of these. I'll use the Standard Controller again.
2021-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules