Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote is charging phone
7853 10 2021-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cjbridges85
lvl.1
United States

Any solution for the remote charging phone issue? Just got mine the other day and just noticed today my remote died super fast. I recharged it and realized it was charging my phone when i connect it to the remote .
2021-2-4
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Assuming you are using an Android, no.  It's part of the android spec.  Only real solution is to make sure the phone is fairly well charged before going flying.
2021-2-4
Use props
cjbridges85
lvl.1
United States

K6CCC Posted at 2-4 17:18
Assuming you are using an Android, no.  It's part of the android spec.  Only real solution is to make sure the phone is fairly well charged before going flying.

BLAME IT ON THE DROID HUH....THATS A SHAME...THANKS FOR RESPONDING
2021-2-4
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

cjbridges85 Posted at 2-4 17:46
BLAME IT ON THE DROID HUH....THATS A SHAME...THANKS FOR RESPONDING

Are you mad at K6CCC for answering your question?  Or have a stuck capslock key?
2021-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cjbridges85. Thanks for reaching out! We understand how you feel, however, according to the Android system AOA protocol, when an Android mobile device is communicating with other devices, it should work at a certain current. Therefore, when the remote controller is connected to an Android device it will charge the Android device at 5V/500mA. Unfortunately, this option cannot be turned off. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.
2021-2-6
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

This is not DJI for once lol but Android phones. Or buy an Apple and your problem will be solved
2021-2-6
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

Remote dies super fast? How fast? I can go through 3 batteries in my mini and the remote has at least half battery left. Yes android
2021-2-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

USB/USB-C has a power passthrough for charging requirement.  It is a function of the USB/C protocol and can not be disabled without modifying the Port on the controller.  IOS uses Lightning which has the ability to disable charging.
2021-2-6
Use props
cjbridges85
lvl.1
United States

LMAO THESE APPLE USERS...IMAGINE BEING AN APPLE USER HAVING THIS PROBLEM...JUST BUY AN ANDROID THEN DUHHHH ITS APPLES FAULT
2021-2-6
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

This has nothing to do with Apple.  Part of the Android spec requires it.  Nothing that DJI can do about it.  And I also wonder about your fast discharging.  I have gone through four Mini batteries, and the remote battery is still doing fine - having been plugged into my Android the entire time.  Now, if you started with the Android battery at a very low level, it might be an issue, but I normally have the Android at least fairly well charged to start.
2021-2-6
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I didn't have any problem with it, the battery of the controller is quite large and  you can do lots of flights without recharging, even if it's charging the phone.

Charging the phone also assures you that it won't die midflight.
2021-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules