1895 7 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am aware that an auto exposure you can lock you exposure for it to not change. I am located in South Florida where the sun is very very bright and even if I'm using an ND 32 my exposure w changes  significantly. Is there a way to lock your exposure in manual mode so it will not change?
2021-2-5
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the camera view screen on the top right ( right side of the AF/MF selector) is a selection labeled "AE" if you touch that it will lock exposure and if you touch it again (toggle) it will unlock.
Screenshot_20210220-071043_LI.jpg
2021-2-20
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2-20 06:05
On the camera view screen on the top right ( right side of the AF/MF selector) is a selection labeled "AE" if you touch that it will lock exposure and if you touch it again (toggle) it will unlock.[Image]

Thank you for responding. it  works in auto mode but when you set it to manual mode that's where I am  encountering the problem.  in manual mode I would like to lock the exposure but it's not allowing me to do so
2021-2-20
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone-Pilot Posted at 2-20 10:54
Thank you for responding. it  works in auto mode but when you set it to manual mode that's where I am  encountering the problem.  in manual mode I would like to lock the exposure but it's not allowing me to do so

Ok, If you are in manual mode then the exposure IS locked by selecting your shutter and ISO. That is why the EV lock is grayed out. The "EV" indication will be "MM" in manual mode which is now an exposure meter instead of a selectable EV value. If you still see some "exposure/color changes" when viewing the video/photos, try selecting a fixed White balance value (as opposed to auto WB). That will prevent it from automatically choosing a different WB as it flys which could show up in the image/video! If it was a "pro" model/camera the aperture would be in the mix also but since it is a "Zoom", that (WB) is the only thing that could be varying if the shutter and ISO are fixed to a selected value manually.

2021-2-22
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2-22 05:00
Ok, If you are in manual mode then the exposure IS locked by selecting your shutter and ISO. That is why the EV lock is grayed out. The "EV" indication will be "MM" in manual mode which is now an exposure meter instead of a selectable EV value. If you still see some "exposure/color changes" when viewing the video/photos, try selecting a fixed White balance value (as opposed to auto WB). That will prevent it from automatically choosing a different WB as it flys which could show up in the image/video! If it was a "pro" model/camera the aperture would be in the mix also but since it is a "Zoom", that (WB) is the only thing that could be varying if the shutter and ISO are fixed to a selected value manually.
Thank you for your response. My question is having an ND32  on the Drone once it goes up and receive different lighting the exposure value changes it's not locked again doing everything manually. But I will follow your instruction when it comes to the white balance see if that works
2021-2-22
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone-Pilot Posted at 2-22 12:28
Thank you for your response. My question is having an ND32  on the Drone once it goes up and receive different lighting the exposure value changes it's not locked again doing everything manually. But I will follow your instruction when it comes to the white balance see if that works

OK, I was kind of curious myself about how much difference a set WB value in manual would make so I did a few test shots just in the backyard...
I have highlighted that the EV lock is grayed out and shutter/iso are the same. You can see that the exposure "meter" does change with the position which indicates a different lighting condition as well as the WB along with those lighting changes!
I have marked which are the ones with WB set at a fixed (Sunny/5200K)  and which are with Auto WB.
These are all with the drone on the ground and just moving the gimble up or down.
I look forward to your experiments to see if that set WB will correct your perceived image differences even in manual exposure.
BTW....The correct color of the deck surface in the images is TAN ....as in the "fixed" WB images!

2021-2-22
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2-22 15:42
OK, I was kind of curious myself about how much difference a set WB value in manual would make so I did a few test shots just in the backyard...
I have highlighted that the EV lock is grayed out and shutter/iso are the same. You can see that the exposure "meter" does change with the position which indicates a different lighting condition as well as the WB along with those lighting changes!
I have marked which are the ones with WB set at a fixed (Sunny/5200K)  and which are with Auto WB.

Tomorrow should be a nice day I will attempt to record my findings and posted here
2021-2-22
Use props
Leecanning
lvl.1
Australia

hi,  i have similar issue- i always shoot manual but when i do a multi shot panoramic image which has areas of dark then areas of bright as i move the drone the M.M value changes by itself and literally changes the exposure which in some cases ruins my pano. how do we stop the MM from changing? it is really annoying.
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules