Flyapp on Android 11 any known problems ?
8679 13 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Android 11 is currently being rolled out. The ability of the Flyapp to run does not only depend on the smartphone, but also on the operating system. Has anyone noticed problems with Android 11 (e.g samsung s10 and higher) ? Or were there problems with an earlier Flyapp (e.g. 1.1.8) that were fixed in a newer app version so that it works with Android 11?

2021-2-5
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

Well here and there I read that Fly app doesn't run fine on Android 11. I got 11 offered on my S10e, but I will not update until  i have more information about flyapp on 11.
2021-2-5
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Still too sketchy on Android 11 for the moment, very hit and miss. Stick with Android 10 to be on the safe side. Plus, 11 has no real worthwhile upgrades over 10 anyway.
2021-2-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Works perfect on my Samsung S20fe on Android 11.

But as I understood, it depends on the brand and model of your smartphone, which chipset was used.
2021-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, jonny007. Thanks for reaching out! DJI Fly v1.1.8 and above already supports Android 11. You can refer to the following lists of Android Devices that are recommended to work with the DJI Fly.

2021-2-5
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

For Android you should expect black screens and repeated loss of video signal in random time...Some says is after you make 3 fast consecutive pictures, I had it only when was on recording videos...It is just restarting the Fly App without getting a full crash of it...just black, than in 4-5 secs you see the screen as the drone is not there, and after another 5-6 secs is reconnecting.
The signal is not lost, as remote is still reacting, but this make this more dangerous as the drone will not apply the RTH protocol.
In that 10 seconds you can be screwed...
Valid for Android 10 and 11, and yes, with Android Device recommended by DJI (P30 Pro).
The error is not yet identified...as the app is not fully crashing and not creating a particular log to see what is going on.
Just as info...
So...keep the drone in your sight.
2021-2-6
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

On my LG G7 ThinQ with Android 10 (not one of the recommended devices!) I don't have any of the problems described with app version 1.2.4 so far ...
So assume that this won't be any different on Android 11.
2021-2-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Thanks for the answers. The problems with the different processor types and signal losses were, in my opinion, more a matter of the flyapp itself, regardless of the Android version. Or did someone have these problems ONLY AFTER updating to Android 11? That would be interesting. Somehow I don't really dare to do the update, I think I'll stay on 10. I gave the Galaxy S7 that I had before to my mother :-), so I don't have a replacement if that goes wrong.

DJI Gamora: the list of compatible devices is older and not complete. There are numerous devices where everything works, but these are not listed. My S10e is not on the list either, but it works fine.
2021-2-6
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

jonny007 Posted at 2-6 04:38
Thanks for the answers. The problems with the different processor types and signal losses were, in my opinion, more a matter of the flyapp itself, regardless of the Android version. Or did someone have these problems ONLY AFTER updating to Android 11? That would be interesting. Somehow I don't really dare to do the update, I think I'll stay on 10. I gave the Galaxy S7 that I had before to my mother :-), so I don't have a replacement if that goes wrong.

DJI Gamora: the list of compatible devices is older and not complete. There are numerous devices where everything works, but these are not listed. My S10e is not on the list either, but it works fine.

Not listed actually means "not tested" by DJI. It doesn't mean that it doesn't work, like you say.

When I bought my Samsung S20fe, it had Android 10. Installed the fly app and besides the blue tin line, some colloration problems with Adobe software, I didn't had any other problems.
Now, some Fly app versions later and updated to Android 11, I don't have problems with it on my Samsung.
I can't speak of other models and brands. I saw people telling it depended on the used processor in the phone. So, maybe it is chipset depended. My S20fe got a snapdragon processor.
2021-2-6
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I mostly use my Mini with my old S9 on Andriod 10, never had an issue on all versions of the Fly App up to the current DJI Fly 1.2.4 rev 919.  I've also used in on my S20+ Andriod 11 using the last could of DJI Fly 1.2.1 1.2.2 and the current 1.2.4 rev 919 with no issues at all but I've probably only used it on the S20+ 4 or 5 times.
2021-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with a Snapdragon Processor and on Android 11 with Fly App V 1.2.4.  I have flown my Mini, Mini2, and Mavic Air2 with this mobile device and have not experienced any issues with the Fly App.  I have taken several videos and never got a black screen, lost connectivity, etc.

So not everybody is having issues.
2021-2-6
Use props
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670594 ft
United Kingdom

I have taken my Mini 2 for flight first time in couple weeks and I have now android 11 on my Samsung S10.I have 3 times app crash during one flight and I have to use RTH on my remote. This was scary.
Previously I did not experience any crashes on android 10. I would recomend stay away from android 11.
2021-2-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Using 1.2.4 on my S21 ultra, only having problems with recording in 4K at higher speeds, drop the res and speed and it works?

Think DJI list of phones and tabs are well outdated? think they need to update and use newer models!!  New drone, New app!? yet works on older hardware but not newer?
2021-2-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

spawacz_rider Posted at 2-6 08:01
I have taken my Mini 2 for flight first time in couple weeks and I have now android 11 on my Samsung S10.I have 3 times app crash during one flight and I have to use RTH on my remote. This was scary.
Previously I did not experience any crashes on android 10. I would recomend stay away from android 11.

Previously I did not experience any crashes on android 10. I would recomend stay away from android 11.

That's interesting...and that's what I mean. Have you also tried to delete the data and cache, then uninstall and reinstall the app ? Often problems are gone if you do so.
2021-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules