Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Action external audio quality
1021 3 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakemccurdy
lvl.1
United States

I'm using the CYNOVA USB-C to 3.5mm adapter to connect external wireless mics to the OSMO. The pre-amp quality is completly unusable. It's all mids with no lows and highs. Has any one else experienced this? I'm running the latest firmware. If I disconnect the wireles mic and record into my iPhone with the same set-up it sound flawless. Are there any audio EQ settings that I might have missed? It sounds worse than using the on camera mic.
2021-2-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

wireless mics as what company?  I find the audio is acceptable. I use a rode wireless go. I do not hear a passing plane or race car scream across the left channel to the right.  its  enough for me to enjoy.
2021-2-6
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a EDUTIGE ETM-001 on two Kayak mounted cams and the quality is pretty darn good.
Sounds better than when I used the same mic with GP H7.

I recorded this on a super windy day with the OSMO actions and above mentioned mics:
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, jakemccurdy. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. We recommend uploading a sample video of the audio issue when you're using an external mic with the Osmo Action and please note what specific external mic was used. Looking forward to your response.
2021-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules