DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible phones/troubleshooting
61910 353 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

ipilotsbcglobal.net Posted at 3-16 12:32
I just bought the P2 and I have the Samsung S7 Edge. I had to order a Micro USB adapter from Amazon. I finally got the P2 to connect to my cellphone and activated it and downloaded the updates, but whenever I try out the camera connection the video on the camera is non responsive. I only see half a frame and it won't follow the gimble when I move the P2. Therefore I'm saying the Samsung S7 Edge does not work with the P2.

Thank you for your input, will update it on my list.
2021-3-17
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

ipilotsbcglobal.net Posted at 3-16 12:32
I just bought the P2 and I have the Samsung S7 Edge. I had to order a Micro USB adapter from Amazon. I finally got the P2 to connect to my cellphone and activated it and downloaded the updates, but whenever I try out the camera connection the video on the camera is non responsive. I only see half a frame and it won't follow the gimble when I move the P2. Therefore I'm saying the Samsung S7 Edge does not work with the P2.
I'm going to revise my statement above. I did get it to work wirelessly, the picture is great in both the video and still pic mode. So as far as working with an adapter, its a no. but working wirelessly, it a yes.

Okay, thank you for your information. Will update the list accordingly.

I have to ask though: Did you manage to do the original activation process wirelessly? I had understood earlier on that it would require the physical adapter connection. It would be very interesting to find out that even the activation could be done wirelessly!

To the people checking the list: Do note that occasionally there might be phones that are moved from the non-working list to the working one and vice-versa, due to misunderstandings or information updates. If your phone doesn't seem to work when it on the Working list, check again later for possible updates on the list. Also, if you notice a phone on the Not-working list that actually does work, please inform it here.

2021-3-17
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Updated a couple more models on the lists.

Also, as pointed out on https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228181 , some compatible phones might not work when used wirelessly if the Pocket 2 has been activated on another phone. The phone used to activate the camera might have a different wireless frequency than the one used later on. The thread shows discussion about this point and also has a link to another thread concerning the same issue (including possible solutions).

In case you notice this issue with one of the phones on the list, inform me (especially if one of the non-working ones proves to work after all) so I can update the lists accordingly.
2021-3-21
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Working great with Huawei P30 Lite
2021-3-22
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

johansenfoto Posted at 3-22 07:52
Working great with Huawei P30 Lite

Thank you for the information, will update it on the list.
2021-3-22
Use props
Mic4711
lvl.1
Germany

CAT S31 does not work.
2021-3-27
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Mic4711 Posted at 3-27 09:51
CAT S31 does not work.

Thank you for your update. :-)
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_AJqQ4gRmD8UU
New
United States

Moto One Action works if you start the app after you turn on the gimbal.
2021-3-29
Use props
RıdvanK.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21955 ft
Turkey

samsung m51 works well without problem my device changed by guarantee cuz device was defective
2021-3-29
Use props
Pocket 2 issues
lvl.1

Mexico

I can confirm that both
Honor X6   and
Honor X9  
do NOT work with pocket 2 nor do they work with Insta360 x2
2021-3-29
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_AJqQ4gRmD8UU Posted at 3-29 16:18
Moto One Action works if you start the app after you turn on the gimbal.

Thank you for the update, added to the list. :-)
2021-3-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

RıdvanK. Posted at 3-29 21:19
samsung m51 works well without problem my device changed by guarantee cuz device was defective

Thank you for your heads-up. I have now corrected and updated the list information accordingly. :-)
2021-3-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Pocket 2 issues Posted at 3-29 21:51
I can confirm that both
Honor X6   and
Honor X9  

Thank you for the information, updated on the list. Hope you'll find a proper device for use both with the Pocket 2 and Insta.
2021-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Added one model for the non-working list, will update more when I have a chance to test new ones or when somebody reports new results.

Happy Easter everybody!
2021-4-2
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Has anybody tested Samsung Galaxy A12 (or any other new phone models for that matter) with the Pocket 2? My father recently received a new phone as a birthday gift, and I was wondering if that would work. Might ask him if I could test it, but thought to ask here first in case somebody else has already found out.
2021-4-7
Use props
Hoolan Peter
New

Ireland

Hi . I had the same problem as I bought the pocket 2. And could not connect to my phone. I had to send it back as I could not connect after downloading the mimo app. My phone is a samsung galaxy j6. The app though it downloaded did not completely download the full app. I got the manual part as well as a home button but ssid app was not downloaded.  Pocket 2 sent back and sometime I will hopefully buy the combo packet. But only when I can afford s new phone. The company were not much help and I got very annoyed. They should make things easier
2021-4-8
Use props
Hoolan Peter
New

Ireland

Samsung galaxy j6
2021-4-8
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Hoolan Peter Posted at 4-8 00:57
Hi . I had the same problem as I bought the pocket 2. And could not connect to my phone. I had to send it back as I could not connect after downloading the mimo app. My phone is a samsung galaxy j6. The app though it downloaded did not completely download the full app. I got the manual part as well as a home button but ssid app was not downloaded.  Pocket 2 sent back and sometime I will hopefully buy the combo packet. But only when I can afford s new phone. The company were not much help and I got very annoyed. They should make things easier

Thank you for your information, will update it on the list.

And sorry to hear your frustrations, I bet these are all too familiar with many other Pocket 2 users (for me, they certainly are!). Hopefully DJI will get their act together and lists the requirements more clearly (and also tests/lists more devices).
2021-4-9
Use props
GawainNg
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Google Pixel 4a: will connect with USB-C, but will not connect wirelessly via Do-It-All handle
Edit: just to be clear, all WiFi frequencies (Auto, 2.4Ghz and 5.8GHz) have been tested without success

2021-4-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

GawainNg Posted at 4-9 07:16
Google Pixel 4a: will connect with USB-C, but will not connect wirelessly via Do-It-All handle

Thank you, will update it on the list.
2021-4-9
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've just managed to get wireless connection working between my Google Pixel 4a and the DJI Pocket 2 (via the Do-It-All Handle).

This is the sequence that must be performed:
1. Turn off mobile data on your phone
2. Open your phone's WiFi settings and select DJIPocket-xxxxxx from the list of available WiFi networks
3. Open DJI Mimo
4. Profit!

Disabling mobile data is the one I really don't understand; if mobile data is on then wireless connection will fail every single time. In addition, trying to connect to the Pocket 2 in DJI Mimo also always result in an error message but connecting via the phone's WiFi settings will work.

I hope that helps anyone having a similar issue, and I hope the devs figure out a way to... well, make it less of a hassle.
2021-4-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Gawain Posted at 4-13 01:45
I've just managed to get wireless connection working between my Google Pixel 4a and the DJI Pocket 2 (via the Do-It-All Handle).

This is the sequence that must be performed:

Thank you for the status update, I have now added this information on the list.
2021-4-13
Use props
fans96d75859
New
Italy

Hi, I just bought my pocket 2, app works fine with my Samsung M31, updated to last version and also updated firmware of the camera. Hope it may help
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_LiKrGpS6vydI
lvl.1
Finland

You can add Samsung Galaxy S9 to the list of non-working phones. The App works just barely with USB, and in no way thru WiFi (entirely wirelessly). A really big shame.
2021-4-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

fans96d75859 Posted at 4-13 10:30
Hi, I just bought my pocket 2, app works fine with my Samsung M31, updated to last version and also updated firmware of the camera. Hope it may help

Thank you for the information, it definetely does help. :-)
2021-4-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_LiKrGpS6vydI Posted at 4-13 13:55
You can add Samsung Galaxy S9 to the list of non-working phones. The App works just barely with USB, and in no way thru WiFi (entirely wirelessly). A really big shame.

Thank you for the information, hopefully you will find a compatible phone.
2021-4-13
Use props
DJ_eMajor
lvl.1
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 4-13 23:17
Thank you for the information, hopefully you will find a compatible phone.

I'm working on it. Meanwhile, I have noticed that from features and settings point of view lacking a reliable phone connection is unnecessary. Because the small screen of the Pocket, however, the phone makes the use of the camera more efficient, and the additional mass of the concraption stabilizes the equipment significantly. I also ordered the clip holder which I hope to solve the problem. Otherwise it's going to be a difficult task. Money doesn't grow on trees, not for me at least.
2021-4-18
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJ_eMajor Posted at 4-18 08:28
I'm working on it. Meanwhile, I have noticed that from features and settings point of view lacking a reliable phone connection is unnecessary. Because the small screen of the Pocket, however, the phone makes the use of the camera more efficient, and the additional mass of the concraption stabilizes the equipment significantly. I also ordered the clip holder which I hope to solve the problem. Otherwise it's going to be a difficult task. Money doesn't grow on trees, not for me at least.

Yes, it indeed seems like that they really didn't manage to make a stable physical connection between the phone and Pocket 2 - or were not interested in making one without asking you to shell some more money to them (surprise!). And indeed, not all of us are made of excessive money.

Considering the usage of the S9 - I have been eyeing on these forums and came across this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231648 where the OP seems to state he got that model working. Possibly you could ask him how he made it?
2021-4-18
Use props
bjones9941
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285 ft
United States

DOES NOT WORK:  Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro (SM-730GM)
2021-4-19
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

bjones9941 Posted at 4-19 16:09
DOES NOT WORK:  Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro (SM-730GM)

Thank you for the information, will update it on the list.
2021-4-21
Use props
fanse4ffe8c2
lvl.1
Italy

Iphone 5s work
2021-4-25
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Thank you for the information, it is now updated on the list.
2021-4-27
Use props
DJ_eMajor
lvl.1
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 13:25
Yes, it indeed seems like that they really didn't manage to make a stable physical connection between the phone and Pocket 2 - or were not interested in making one without asking you to shell some more money to them (surprise!). And indeed, not all of us are made of excessive money.

Considering the usage of the S9 - I have been eyeing on these forums and came across this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231648 where the OP seems to state he got that model working. Possibly you could ask him how he made it?

Hello again,

I think we can safely move the Samsung S9 to the working / compatible list. Some notes though. Here are my findings.

The USB-C connector on S9 is a bit loose or becomes loose during time. The very snug DJI plugs do work reliably only in a certain very square and level position, at least on older phones like mine that's over three years old. Hence the expansion pack with phone support is highly recommended. You can buy a third party device, but the DJI bundle includes the control wheel that makes panning so much easier and more reliable than the joystick that is sold with Creator bundle.

Also the DJI App must be up to date. For some reason Samsung S9 did not update the app after download, instead the old version had to be removed entirely and the new installed fresh. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that the update must be loaded from DJI site instead of Play Store.

I first thought the wireless connection problems might have been caused by the wireless Do-It-All module, but after successful App update both the DIA and the wirelesss module in the expansion pack worked fine. I have used the selfie stick with my phone both in and outdoors and today I got the panorama previews also stored in my S9 Photo folder.

This may be good news to all S9 owners
2021-4-28
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJ_eMajor Posted at 4-28 14:36
Hello again,

I think we can safely move the Samsung S9 to the working / compatible list. Some notes though. Here are my findings.

Thank you for continued testing and reporting - I do believe that many S9 owners will be happy about this. And glad to hear you got it to work. :-)
2021-4-29
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Added one new model, Samsung Galaxy S10+. Was considering whether it should be on the not-working list as it has problems previewing recorded videos, but according to the poster of the following thread it works fine. See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242211 for more details.

EDIT: It turned out updating the Mimo app with the version found on the Mimo website solved the problem. Therefore, this model has been confirmed to fully work.

2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_HsX9QeH4xASK
New

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-7 12:29
Has anybody tested Samsung Galaxy A12 (or any other new phone models for that matter) with the Pocket 2? My father recently received a new phone as a birthday gift, and I was wondering if that would work. Might ask him if I could test it, but thought to ask here first in case somebody else has already found out.

Samsung Galaxy A12 seems to work. Receieved my pocket 2 yesterday. Dejected today to find my Galaxy J6 plus isnt compatable. Just borrowed my other halfs Samsung Galaxy A12 and was able to connect and register the device, install firmware etc via Mimo app. So I am now trying camera for first time.  Time will tell if all the functions work. Thanks for the forum. I hope this helps.
2021-5-10
Use props
NightLifeUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi like all of us ive come and gone from here over the months.  so i had a xiaomi redmi s2 phone that worked perfectly with my old pocket 1 but after buying the new pocket 2 a few months ago it refuses to work with the exact same phone.
i had to register it on my dads ipad2 pro which works. ive tryed al the above this is a very helpfull forum though so i will continue cheers
2021-5-13
Use props
NightLifeUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-15 08:36
First of all, thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I'd like to state though that this is not only my doing - I just was the guy who thought out this kind of list could be handy. The guys who really do the job and should be thanked for are the ones who have given the time and effort to test their phones with the camera and report their results here - guys like you :-) If no one else had taken part here, my list would still consist of only four phones. So it's all of us together for this one :-)

And no need to apologize me for your valid complaints. Many of us have gone through the same, frustrating process. For many, the same struggle is still going on. Don't think anybody has been exactly happy for finding out they need to get a new phone as well.  I think the ones who should apologize are the DJI guys for not making these requirements clear enough.

Hi everyone iv'e been here for months just like many of us (but only just registered) so  heres my returning story lol but firstly like the kind user above I would like to thank @HGDC84 for his hard work
and true dedication to this thread. allong with all the other users above.  
Firslty all ive ever wanted to do was livestream the osmo pocket 1/2 to youtube, .. on my android smartphone a year or so ago. and this is when hell froze over. i had a compatable xiaomi redmi s2 phone that registered the pocket 1 also working with the mimo app on the phone,but as we all know we couldnt get it to function as a usb camera via otg (on the go) compatable phones via cable like thousends of other cameras. so when the osmo pocket 2 came out with its ''livestream to youtube'' feature i upgraded. but now it didnt work with the exact same phone and the wifi module didnt show up in the wifi list,and had to activate it, update mimo ect on my dads (yes you guest it)  apple  ipad 2 pro tablet. ive bought 3 damn phones in 12 months. so yes i too am greatfull for this list of compatable phones. and looking forward to get on it again. hope this is apropriate and not to long. cheers.
2021-5-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_HsX9QeH4xASK Posted at 5-10 05:42
Samsung Galaxy A12 seems to work. Receieved my pocket 2 yesterday. Dejected today to find my Galaxy J6 plus isnt compatable. Just borrowed my other halfs Samsung Galaxy A12 and was able to connect and register the device, install firmware etc via Mimo app. So I am now trying camera for first time.  Time will tell if all the functions work. Thanks for the forum. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the information, it may have finally helped me to find a phone that works, ain't too expensive and is readily available in electronics stores near me. :-)

Also sorry to hear that your own phone didn't work with it, hope you'll find a working solution. And great to hear that you at least got it activated - that certainly helps things when you at least can use it by itself!
2021-5-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

NightLifeUK Posted at 5-13 06:00
Hi everyone iv'e been here for months just like many of us (but only just registered) so  heres my returning story lol but firstly like the kind user above I would like to thank @HGDC84 for his hard work
and true dedication to this thread. allong with all the other users above.  
Firslty all ive ever wanted to do was livestream the osmo pocket 1to my android smartphone a year or so ago. and this is when hell froze over. i had a compatable xiaomi redmi s2 phone that registered the pocket 1 also working with the mimo app on the phone,but as we all know we couldnt get it to function as a usb camera via otg (on the go) compatable phones via cable like thousends of other cameras. so when the osmo pocket 2 came out with its ''livestream to youtube'' feature i upgraded. but now it didnt work with the exact same phone and the wifi module didnt show up in the wifi list,and had to activate it, update mimo ect on my dads (yes you guest it)  apple  ipad 2 pro tablet. ive bought 3 damn phones in 12 months. so yes i too am greatfull for this list of compatable phones. and looking forward to get on it again. hope this is apropriate and not to long. cheers.

First of all, thank you for your friendly and inspiring comments. This is a team effort: every one participating in these investigations and reports - including you - are worth thanking for. :-)

Also, thank you for informing us about your results - that helped on both this thread and on the similar tablet thread, as neither of those models wasn't reported before.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with finding a compatible phone - I hope this list helps you to end the struggle with this issue. Good luck! :-)
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules