DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible phones/troubleshooting
62297 354 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_PGKrZ8VRzHkG Posted at 11-8 06:48
Sounds like exactly what is happening to me and my Pixel 6 Pro, except I don't get a frozen image, just the black screen with the controls available and working. I went back and forth with DJI support before finally deciding it was not something they were going to fix in a timely fashion. I have until next week to return my Pocket 2, so I am going to hold off until the last minute, but I'm not confident.

I considered buying a cheap, used phone from the list of compatible ones (and thanks to the OP for maintaining that) because what I want most is the large viewfinder. I might still, but adding to the cost of this thing reduces its practicality for me.

I had a similar problem when first attempting to use the Pocket 2 with the Android tablet my father borrowed to me (a Lenovo Tab M10) - the controls worked, but the video picture was frozen or completely black. What helped me in that case was putting the tablet in a protective case and then connect it to Pocket 2 - without the protective case, the connection felt wobbly and was unstable both physically and transmissionally, but the case filled the excess gap between the tablet and the connector, and stabilized the Pocket 2 against it. After that, the preview worked just fine with correct video feed.

Hard to say if that is the cause and/or solution for you, but that could be one of the options. Also, checking if the connectors are bent or dirty could possibly solve some connection issues.

Also, thank you for giving me credit for keeping the list updated, though I'll have to say this is a group effort - had I have to do this completely on my own, I would never had had the chance to test and list so many makes and models here.
2021-11-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip: Make sure the physical connector aren't bent nor dirty.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_PGKrZ8VRzHkG
lvl.1

United States

HGDC84 Posted at 11-8 11:49
I had a similar problem when first attempting to use the Pocket 2 with the Android tablet my father borrowed to me (a Lenovo Tab M10) - the controls worked, but the video picture was frozen or completely black. What helped me in that case was putting the tablet in a protective case and then connect it to Pocket 2 - without the protective case, the connection felt wobbly and was unstable both physically and transmissionally, but the case filled the excess gap between the tablet and the connector, and stabilized the Pocket 2 against it. After that, the preview worked just fine with correct video feed.

Hard to say if that is the cause and/or solution for you, but that could be one of the options. Also, checking if the connectors are bent or dirty could possibly solve some connection issues.

Thanks. Unfortunately with my case on the plug will not fully seat. But I have the phone and Pocket in a bracket that keeps it pretty firmly in place, and the connector is clean and basically brand new since I've only had it for a few weeks.

Leaning towards finding a cheap iPhone 5 to use until they work the kinks out, they can be had locally for $40-50 in acceptable shape -- don't need it work perfectly as a phone, just need the screen Anyone know if it matters how much storage is on the phone? 16GB are the cheapest iPhones, which is fine since the video is saved on the Pocket SD card, right?
2021-11-9
Use props
LucaP
New

Germany

Honor P9 Lite - succesfully connected via Wifi with Pocket2

Steps
1. Mimo App Download from DJI website
2. installed from "unknown source"
3. Pocket connected via USBmicro adapter (not from DJI)
4. WiFi Set to 2.4ghz in Mimo App
5. Disconnect Pocket2
6. Mount Do-it-All Handle
7. Set WiFi to DJI Pocket on mobile
8. Bingo - it works all fine

Honor P9L Android 9 Emui 9.1.0
2021-11-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_PGKrZ8VRzHkG Posted at 11-9 15:06
Thanks. Unfortunately with my case on the plug will not fully seat. But I have the phone and Pocket in a bracket that keeps it pretty firmly in place, and the connector is clean and basically brand new since I've only had it for a few weeks.

Leaning towards finding a cheap iPhone 5 to use until they work the kinks out, they can be had locally for $40-50 in acceptable shape -- don't need it work perfectly as a phone, just need the screen  Anyone know if it matters how much storage is on the phone? 16GB are the cheapest iPhones, which is fine since the video is saved on the Pocket SD card, right?

Sorry to hear about your problems with the connection. Hopefully you manage to solve it, either by using another phone or by some other way.

I remember somebody saying they had problems when attempting to save to a memory card. But it might be it simply was a single instance. Can't say anything about it myself though, necause my phone doesn't have a memory card slot.
2021-11-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

LucaP Posted at 11-10 10:59
Honor P9 Lite - succesfully connected via Wifi with Pocket2

Steps

Thank you for that information, it has now been updated to the list. Also, glad to hear you got it to work :-)
2021-11-10
Use props
Lakshay
lvl.1

India

Pocket 2 working great with Samsung A22.
2021-11-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Lakshay Posted at 11-13 08:41
Pocket 2 working great with Samsung A22.

Thank you very much for that update, it is now added on the list. Also, glad to hear you got it working with this model. :-)
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_eUNhVdfnryjF
New

Sweden

I just went through hell with my Huawei Mate 10 Pro. It wouldn't connect to the OP2. Spent a few hours without any results. Finally I installed the Mimo 1.6.4 and there I could change to 2.4GHz. Then install the latest version (where I can't change the frequency). Everything works now but the WIFI frequency setting need to come back in newer versions! I was ready to return it.. Tried three different phones and none would work.
2021-11-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_eUNhVdfnryjF Posted at 11-24 13:34
I just went through hell with my Huawei Mate 10 Pro. It wouldn't connect to the OP2. Spent a few hours without any results. Finally I installed the Mimo 1.6.4 and there I could change to 2.4GHz. Then install the latest version (where I can't change the frequency). Everything works now but the WIFI frequency setting need to come back in newer versions! I was ready to return it.. Tried three different phones and none would work.

They removed the frequency setting in the later versions? What a strange move, I'd thought that it would be a very necessary setting for many users.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll have to see if I should update troubleshooting tips and the compatibility list according to this information. But glad to hear you managed to solve the problem anyway! :-)
2021-11-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added new models, updated information regarding Huawei Mate 10 Pro and updated troubleshooting tips number 2 and 4.
2021-11-24
Use props
emme
New
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 6-9 12:07
This has to be checked out. I will mark on the list that the compatibility of this model has contradicting opinions on it - and will update the list further after a final conclusion has been found out.

In the meantime, have you checked out the troubleshooting list to see if there is something that possibly disrupts the connection for you? Are you using a case or a phone clip for your phone? Will you notice a difference in connection if you insert the phone into case/clip before connection, or remove it from one? Did you install the Mimo app from Google Play Store? If you did, does uninstalling it and downloading/installing from DJI Mimo's own website (https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo) solve the connection problem? If you are using it wirelessly, what is the frequency setting of the wifi connection? See further information and suggestions on the original post.

onko pocketissa samat ongelmat kun pocket-2 ?
2021-12-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

emme Posted at 12-16 06:48
onko pocketissa samat ongelmat kun pocket-2 ?

Suomeksi: En osaa sanoa, mulla itselläni ei ole omakohtaista kokemusta Osmo Pocketista. Mutta sen perusteella mitä oon täällä foorumilla kuullut, niin senkin voi aktivoida vain tiettyjen puhelimien ja tablettien kanssa. Millä malleilla, siinä voi olla eroa Osmo Pocketin ja Pocket 2:n välillä.

Mitä muihin ongelmiin tulee, niin foorumilaiset ovat ilmoitelleet niitä vaihtelevasti. Joissakin asioissa Osmo Pocketin sanotaan olevan parempi kuin Pocket 2:n, ilmeisesti esimerkiksi ActiveTrack (kohteen seuranta) toimii kai ensimmäisessä paremmin.

Toisaalta Pocket 2:ssa on joitain sellaisia ominaisuuksia ja toimintoja, joita ei ykkösmallissa ollut. Riippuu varmaan siitä minkä pohjalta tarkastellaan.

In English: The previous poster asked if the original Osmo Pocket has similar problems that the Pocket 2 has. Here is the translation of my reply.

I can't say, I have no personal experience on the original Osmo Pocket. But according to what I have heard on these forums, also that can be activated with only certain phones and tablets. There can be differences between the Osmo Pocket and the Pocket 2 in what models can be used for that purpose.

As for the other problems, the members of the forum have informed about them variably. On some things, it is said that the Osmo Pocket performs better than the Pocket 2, for instance ActiveTrack is said to work better in the first model.

On the other hand, the Pocket 2 has some properties the original one doesn't have. It probably depends on what are we investigating.
2021-12-16
Use props
emme
New
Finland

android 6 ei toimii. minulla Huawei Lite ei toimii. puhelimessä pitää ollaa APP STORE.
2021-12-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

emme Posted at 12-16 21:40
android 6 ei toimii. minulla Huawei Lite ei toimii. puhelimessä pitää ollaa APP STORE.

Suomeksi: Ymmärtääkseni Mimo vaatii vähintään Android 7:n, eikä DJI suosita enää nykyään Mimon lataamista Google Play Storesta (eivät ole päivittäneet sitä sinne vähään aikaan). Nykyään pitäisi kai mennä Mimon omalle sivulle (https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo) ja ladata sovellus sieltä. Se tosin edellyttää myös, että olet sallinut puhelimen asetuksista sovelluksen asentamisen myös muista lähteistä kuin Play Storesta. Toki jos sinulla on uudempi Huawei, niin voi olla ettei siinä ole Google Play Storea asennettuna lainkaan, jolloin tuota asetusta muualta asentamisesta ei ehkä tarvitse etsiä (itse en omista Huaweita, joten en osaa varmaksi sanoa). Sitä en tiedä, onko Mimo saatavilla Huawein omasta sovelluskaupasta.

Mikä Huawein malli sinulla on? Mitä versiota Mimosta olet yrittänyt asentaa? Oletko saanut sitä edes ladattua, vai onko tullut seinä vastaan jo ennen sitä?

In English:
Emme's previous comment: Android 6 doesn't work. For me, Huawei Lite doesn't work. The phone must have APP STORE.

My reply: AFAIK Mimo requires at least Android 7, and DJI doesn't recommend downloading the Mimo app from the Google Play Store anymore (they haven't updated it there for a while). Nowadays I think you are supposed to go to Mimo's own website (https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo) and download the app from there. However, it also requires that you have allowed downloading and installing apps also outside the Google Play Store. Of course, if your phone is one of the newer Huaweis, it could be that it has no Google Play Store installed at all, so it may be you don't have to search for that option (not sure though as I don't own a Huawei myself). I don't know if Mimo is available on Huawei's own app store.

What Huawei model do you have? Which version of Mimo have you tried to install? Have you managed to at least download it, or did it grind to a halt even before that?
2021-12-19
Use props
jacquesmk2
lvl.1
France

Motorola e7 power (android 10) : does not work
2021-12-27
Use props
krugjr55
lvl.1

United States

I'm new to the forum.....trying to find the "most current" list of compatible phones and Tablets for the Pocket 2, but I don't know the dates, what year, this list I'm finding were made.....thanks.............I just bought the Samsung A32, knowing it's not on the "list", but being newer, I'm wondering if anyone has tried this phone.....

Doug
2021-12-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

jacquesmk2 Posted at 12-27 17:43
Motorola e7 power (android 10) : does not work

Thank you for that information, will update it on the list soon.

Hope you will find another compatible device.
2021-12-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

krugjr55 Posted at 12-29 15:19
I'm new to the forum.....trying to find the "most current" list of compatible phones and Tablets for the Pocket 2, but I don't know the dates, what year, this list I'm finding were made.....thanks.............I just bought the Samsung A32, knowing it's not on the "list", but being newer, I'm wondering if anyone has tried this phone.....

Doug

You're welcome, i hope you find this list useful :-)

My list has a small text before the list itself, telling when was the last time it was updated. Also, the official list of DJI Mimo seems to have had some changes since it was originally released, so checking that out could also help.

As for the Samsung A32, I haven't got any personal experiences about it nor have I heard anybody else report results for it. But I will update the information on the list once I know more. In the meanwhile, if you happen to test this model, we'd be very grateful to hear your results on this thread. :-)

Have a happy new year!
2021-12-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added new models, updated notes on some of the old ones. Also added one new troubleshooting tip concerning VPN and updated older ones.
2021-12-30
Use props
Ruby Ann Brandenburg
New

Spain

Gawain Posted at 2021-4-13 01:45
I've just managed to get wireless connection working between my Google Pixel 4a and the DJI Pocket 2 (via the Do-It-All Handle).

This is the sequence that must be performed:

Oh thank you so much! Switched off mobile data and got connected! Mimi home app does not have the pictures on the home page, but the screen does work. IE, can control the pocket from my phone! My Oppo A74 5G does not connect to the pocket Bluetooth though. But not sure if it's needed.
2022-1-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ruby Ann Brandenburg Posted at 1-12 13:39
Oh thank you so much! Switched off mobile data and got connected! Mimi home app does not have the pictures on the home page, but the screen does work. IE, can control the pocket from my phone! My Oppo A74 5G does not connect to the pocket Bluetooth though. But not sure if it's needed.

Glad to hear you dot it working. :-)

As for the Oppo A74 5G connection, have you enabled both Bluetooth and wifi for the connection? AFAIK both are needed for connection with the DIA Handle.

I will add the Oppo on the non-compatible list for now and will update it if new information is found.
2022-1-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one non-compatible model: Oppo A74 5G.
2022-1-13
Use props
djiuser_lA5yeMKoxNuJ
lvl.1

Poland

xiaomi redmi 9 - does not work with "do it all handle". usb connection works. iphone 5s, moto one action, samsung s10e works well
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_lA5yeMKoxNuJ
lvl.1

Poland

The help from DJI on the redmi 9 is poor.  Here is a short video of how it doesn't work on redmi:  https://youtu.be/x3LlIr4nuLQ
2022-1-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_lA5yeMKoxNuJ Posted at 1-31 02:18
xiaomi redmi 9 - does not work with "do it all handle". usb connection works. iphone 5s, moto one action, samsung s10e works well

Thank you on the update on the Redmi 9, added on the list with relevant information.
2022-1-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_lA5yeMKoxNuJ Posted at 1-31 02:21
The help from DJI on the redmi 9 is poor.  Here is a short video of how it doesn't work on redmi:  https://youtu.be/x3LlIr4nuLQ

Yes, DJI tends to be somewhat stubborn on the issue if it's not about one of the phones on their tiny compatibility list. That is frustrating, Hence why I originally started with this list.
2022-1-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new model: Xiaomi Redmi 9 - works with physical connection but not wirelessly according to the latest information.
2022-1-31
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Update to the Google Pixel 4a: wireless connection to the DIA Handle now works without the work around I mentioned in my first post. I don't know when the change happened so I don't know which DJI Mimi version update solved the issue. Now that mobile data can remain on, live stream should now work in theory (untested).
2022-2-8
Use props
Şimal Kurt
lvl.1

Turkey

So Xiaomi Note 8 Pro isn't supported?
2022-2-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Gawain Posted at 2-8 02:57
Update to the Google Pixel 4a: wireless connection to the DIA Handle now works without the work around I mentioned in my first post. I don't know when the change happened so I don't know which DJI Mimi version update solved the issue. Now that mobile data can remain on, live stream should now work in theory (untested).

Thanks for your update, I have updated such information on the list. :-)
2022-2-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Şimal Kurt Posted at 2-8 05:11
So Xiaomi Note 8 Pro isn't supported?

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to test this model myself nor have I heard anybody else report about this model. It is not on the official DJI list, but in some circumstances, some models not mentioned on that list might still work. If I will hear any reports about this model, I will add them on the list.

In the meanwhile, if you are willing to test the compatibility yourself, you could try the troubleshooting tips on the first post to see if some of them make a difference in establishing the connection. Also, whether you manage to get it work or not, you can report your results in this thread, so we could get more information about the compatibility and also possibly give suggestions on solving the problems with connection.

Good luck in your troubleshooting, I hope you will find a satisfactory solution!
2022-2-8
Use props
Luc_Vienna
New

Austria

Well I just tried with an old 8 inch tablet: Lenovo M8 TB-8505F. OK it does not have a usb C connector only an ordinary mini USB, but bluetooth and wireless work fine. Just updated to Android 10, dji mimo installed like a charm. Wireless connection works remarquably well.

On the otherhand, with my samsung tablet A, Samsung TAB A  SM-T510 impossible to install the app.. its running android 11, but after installing, the installer always says dji mimo not installed.
I did install the old version, that works, but does not recognize the pocket 2. And it says.. new version, do you want to update.. i say yes: and it goes through the download and update, but: just before finishing it says again: app not installed.
So here are my 2 cents.
Samsung TAB A  SM-T510 NO
Lenovo M8 TB-8505F YES
luc

PS: almost forgot: Samsung TAB A does have a usb C connector, but if i connect the Pocket 2 there, i could not believe my eyes. The Tablet is draining the pocket 2, saying : you are not using a fast charge connector, this will take a long time. after like 1 minute, the Pocket 2 had dropped from 60% to 25%... very strange..

2022-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Luc_Vienna Posted at 2-21 02:39
Well I just tried with an old 8 inch tablet: Lenovo M8 TB-8505F. OK it does not have a usb C connector only an ordinary mini USB, but bluetooth and wireless work fine. Just updated to Android 10, dji mimo installed like a charm. Wireless connection works remarquably well.

On the otherhand, with my samsung tablet A, Samsung TAB A  SM-T510 impossible to install the app.. its running android 11, but after installing, the installer always says dji mimo not installed.

Thank you for your tests and information, it is much appreciated.

While I didn't add the information here due to this being a thread for phones and tablets having a separate thread, I did add the information to the similar tablet thread.

Once again, thank you very much for these tests and this information. :-)
2022-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new phone model.
2022-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added two new compatible models and updated information related to one earlier model due to contradicting statements about compatibility.
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_e0InpsouT6sW
New

Netherlands

Is the Xiaomi mi 11 or Mi11t or Mi11T Pro compatible because my current phone the Huawei mate 20x is not compatible as I can't use my DJI Pocket 2 now to activite it.
2022-3-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_e0InpsouT6sW Posted at 3-1 02:41
Is the Xiaomi mi 11 or Mi11t or Mi11T Pro compatible because my current phone the Huawei mate 20x is not compatible as I can't use my DJI Pocket 2 now to activite it.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test those models myself nor have I found or received any reports considering those. But if and when I will hear or otherwise find out anything related to any to those models and the Pocket 2, I will update my list accordingly.

In the meanwhile, if you happen to be able to test those models, then feel free to report your results on this thread.

Good luck in finding a model that works with the Pocket 2!
2022-3-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new tested, non-compatible model.
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi all. Sincere thank for the test and feedback. We are working on the compatibility of different bands of android phones too.

Plz note that Mimo 1.5.4 version is a very old version, which is not compatible with Android 12.

Plz use DJI MIMO 1.7.12 or later version for Android 12.  
official website download link:
http://www.dji.com/mimo
2022-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules