DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible phones/troubleshooting
62287 354 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pYNSvmRddDTU
New
Malaysia

HGDC84 Posted at 3-7 15:11
Thank you for this report, it certainly is useful information as there had not been earlier reports of this model. Also, glad to hear you got it working.

Thanks once more and happy filming!

I should thank YOU for keeping this thread updated! TBH I was hesitant when i didnt see my phone model on the list but still took the chance since my sister uses an iPhone. Glad i did!
2023-3-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_pYNSvmRddDTU Posted at 3-8 04:41
I should thank YOU for keeping this thread updated! TBH I was hesitant when i didnt see my phone model on the list but still took the chance since my sister uses an iPhone. Glad i did!

Well, I would say it is split. It is true that I have been updating the list, however I personally have only been able to test about 4-5 phone models myself. Had there been no other contributors to the list, it wouldn't be a list really. The people testing and reporting the phones - including you - have been vital to make the list as comprehensive as it is now.

And glad to hear your decision paid off, it was useful not only for you but also all the people using this list to see if their phone is supported, so once more, thank you for that
2023-3-9
Use props
SamSepi0l
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-6 09:52
Thanks for the feedback, list updated accordingly.

I will do a small confirmation though - My earlier information did show that model to be compatible, I would like to ensure if you meant that specific model or did you accidentally write a wrong model name? But good to know it to be confirmed if you meant exactly that one.

Just to confirm I was testing the Samsung Galaxy S10+. I did not mean another model.

I know that it was previously confirmed to work on your list in 2019. But I looked at the original poster of that test and they seemed to have had some issues initially. That's why I just wanted to double confirm that the S10+ definitely works with a more recent test, also because it it not officially on the DJI compatible device list but it still works in 2023.

Hope that is clear.
2023-3-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

SamSepi0l Posted at 3-9 03:04
Just to confirm I was testing the Samsung Galaxy S10+. I did not mean another model.

I know that it was previously confirmed to work on your list in 2019. But I looked at the original poster of that test and they seemed to have had some issues initially. That's why I just wanted to double confirm that the S10+ definitely works with a more recent test, also because it it not officially on the DJI compatible device list but it still works in 2023.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. So this can stay on the list of compatible ones
2023-3-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new compatible model (LG V60) and a new troubleshooting tip for troubleshooting wireless connection issues.
2023-3-28
Use props
Would
New
Italy

Iphone 14 pro max, latest MIMO, latest IOS, read through the various workaround of the 1st post, still can't activate the camera via app on the phone.Tried 3 other phones from the DJI compatible list and same result, returning it back to Amazon tomorrow, Gopro here i come
2023-3-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Would Posted at 3-29 05:47
Iphone 14 pro max, latest MIMO, latest IOS, read through the various workaround of the 1st post, still can't activate the camera via app on the phone.Tried 3 other phones from the DJI compatible list and same result, returning it back to Amazon tomorrow, Gopro here i come

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you I hope you have better luck with the GoPro.

I'll keep this in mind. As you mentioned the three other phones not working, I'll have to consider if I add the iPhone to the list, as those three not functioning could be a sign of a faulty camera and not necessarily meaning the iPhone is not compatible. Will await for possible further reports and see what they will say.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback!
2023-3-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated troubleshooting tip #6 to be more specific and elaborate.
2023-4-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated troubleshooting tips #1, #2 and #13 for an alternative place to download the DJI Mimo app, especially the older version in case your device doesn't support later versions of the DJI Mimo app.
2023-6-18
Use props
b4bylon
lvl.1

Romania

i have a samsung S8 and i cant install the app. It throws and error message when i try to install it.
2023-6-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

b4bylon Posted at 6-20 13:09
i have a samsung S8 and i cant install the app. It throws and error message when i try to install it.

What kind of an error message do you get? Is it just saying "App not installed" or something more specific? Which version of the Mimo app did you try, the latest one or one of the earlier versions? Have you tried the troubleshooting tips on the first post?
2023-6-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 6-20 13:16
What kind of an error message do you get? Is it just saying "App not installed" or something more specific? Which version of the Mimo app did you try, the latest one or one of the earlier versions? Have you tried the troubleshooting tips on the first post?

Also, I read this note from the Mimo site: "When the Android version prompts that it cannot be installed or fails to install, please uninstall the original Android application and reinstall the new version." Have you tried that?
2023-6-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated information on OnePlus 5: The actual OxygenOS version is 10.0.1, not 10.0.01 as previously stated. Thanks to username nigelevans for pointing this out!
2023-7-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated the list with information regarding the Oneplus 5: both 64GB and 128GB versions confirmed to work. Thanks to username nigelevans for the information regarding the 128GB model!
2023-7-8
Use props
djiuser_smbqTeKXpwv9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9058 ft
United Kingdom

Great help and advice here, many thanks helped me no end
2023-7-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_smbqTeKXpwv9 Posted at 7-31 04:28
Great help and advice here, many thanks helped me no end

Glad to hear you found the thread helpful

And feel free to report new models if you happen to test those!
2023-7-31
Use props
buddy07720
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9058 ft
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-31 04:30
Glad to hear you found the thread helpful

And feel free to report new models if you happen to test those!

Thanks, works fine with Pixel 7a. Struggles with Redmi Note 10 though, keeps disconnecting.
2023-8-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

buddy07720 Posted at 8-10 09:15
Thanks, works fine with Pixel 7a. Struggles with Redmi Note 10 though, keeps disconnecting.

Thank you very much for that information, I have now updated it to the list.
2023-8-12
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is excellent information, thank  you!
2023-8-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smbishop Posted at 8-12 11:47
This is excellent information, thank  you!

Glad to hear you like it, do remember though that most of the work for this list is not done by me but all the wonderful forum members who took time and effort to test their models and report the results here.

Anyway, I hope this list has helped you too!
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_C58GQqHz24ip
lvl.1

Australia

I recently purchased the pocket 2 expecting to have to activate it using my brothers iphone. However my cheap much loved Oppo A96 4G phone activated the device and works seamlessly using both a hard connection and wireless. The only issue I had was downloading the Mimo app, my phone wouldn't do it from the DJI site. I downloaded the file to my PC, transferred it to my phone and installed it that way. Very happy chappy
2023-9-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_C58GQqHz24ip Posted at 9-1 18:35
I recently purchased the pocket 2 expecting to have to activate it using my brothers iphone. However my cheap much loved Oppo A96 4G phone activated the device and works seamlessly using both a hard connection and wireless. The only issue I had was downloading the Mimo app, my phone wouldn't do it from the DJI site. I downloaded the file to my PC, transferred it to my phone and installed it that way. Very happy chappy

Thank you very much for reporting these test results, added to the list.

Also, glad to hear you got it working.
2023-9-3
Use props
dripdear
New

Greece

Thank you for this thread.

I am currently trying to install DJI Mimo app on Samsung A52, and while it manages to get installed on my android, I cannot open the app. Everytime i press open (either from the icon, or by getting into the info button/settings etc, i just wont open. Any suggestions?
2023-9-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

dripdear Posted at 9-4 06:09

I am currently trying to install DJI Mimo app on Samsung A52, and while it manages to get installed on my android, I cannot open the app. Everytime i press open (either from the icon, or by getting into the info button/settings etc, i just wont open. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the app.

Which version of Mimo app are you attempting to install? If the latest from DJI's own website doesn't work, you could try downloading an earlier one from https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_ ... =apk&s=DJI+Mimo and see if that works better.

Are there power saving options enabled for the Mimo app? If there are, try disabling them and see if that has an effect on it.

Are there some phone security settings that are preventing the app from running?

A couple of suggestions that first popped into my mind. I hope you get it working
2023-9-4
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

buddy07720 Posted at 8-10 09:15

hey, I see this is quite a recent post. Do you have Android 13 or the latest 14?
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dripdear Posted at 9-4 06:09

I am currently trying to install DJI Mimo app on Samsung A52, and while it manages to get installed on my android, I cannot open the app. Everytime i press open (either from the icon, or by getting into the info button/settings etc, i just wont open. Any suggestions?

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you getting an error message from your phone when trying to open the Mimo app?
2023-10-23
Use props
Dokugaga Beast
New

Philippines

How About xiaomi Mi 11 lite?
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dokugaga Beast Posted at 11-10 02:44

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Dokugaga Beast Posted at 11-10 02:44

Unfortunately, I haven't received any information about it so far nor have I had the chance to test it myself. But if I hear something about it or get a chance to try it out myself, then I will report it here. In the meanwhile, if you happen to try it yourself first, then I and many other forum members would be very interested in hearing about your results, so feel free to post your results here.

Good luck, I hope you get it working!
2023-11-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip.
2023-11-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip suggested by DJI Paladin to another user on troubleshooting connection problems between an Android device and the Pocket 2.
2023-12-10
Use props
Jack Graffiti
lvl.1

Italy

samsung a 71 works!
2-15 07:09
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Thank you very much for testing this out and reporting it, will update it to my list.
2-15 12:49
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

One new update to the list: A recent report stated that Samsung A71 would be compatible now.
2-15 12:57
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

One new compatible model added to the list: I personally got access and tested the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G with the Pocket 2 and can confirm it works with no problems whatsoever.
4-26 14:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules