DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible phones/troubleshooting
62940 354 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mancosaurio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118622 ft
Guatemala

I have connected the pocket 2 with a galaxy a70 cell phone and everything works great, both wireless and with a type-c adapter
2021-5-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Mancosaurio Posted at 5-16 16:55
I have connected the pocket 2 with a galaxy a70 cell phone and everything works great, both wireless and with a type-c adapter

Thank you for your update, added to the list. :-)
2021-5-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added a new troubleshooting tip to the possible quick fixes section. Occasionally, the protective cases of the phones can either help or hinder the connection between the phone and the Pocket 2; also, using a phone clip can stabilize the connection to a point that it fixes the errors. To read more, see the original modified post.
2021-5-24
Use props
Spark4Me
lvl.2
Germany

Older phone, but works with no problems: Sony xperia xz2 compact
2021-5-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Spark4Me Posted at 5-27 13:47
Older phone, but works with no problems: Sony xperia xz2 compact

Thank you for your report, will add it on the list. :-)
2021-5-31
Use props
booghi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218648 ft

Romania

Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro works ok with wireless do it all handle and with usb-c cable. I even updated the firmware for my Pocket 2 via usb-c cable, because I don't have the usb-c adapter (my seller stole it from the package).
2021-6-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

booghi Posted at 6-3 00:56
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro works ok with wireless do it all handle and with usb-c cable. I even updated the firmware for my Pocket 2 via usb-c cable, because I don't have the usb-c adapter (my seller stole it from the package).

Thank you for your tests and report, will update it on the list soon. (Also, sorry to hear about the theft, hope you will manage to get a new adapter without breaking your bank...)
2021-6-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

A while ago, I did some calculations and compared between the amount of models mentioned on DJI's official supported mobile device list and the amount of models marked compatible on this thread and the one mentioning the compatible tablets, and I have some great news for you:
We have officially reached the point where our list has more compatible models than the DJI's official list. Thanks to all of you people who have taken time and effort to test and report your model compatibility, we now have doubled the amount of Apple devices confirmed to work with Pocket 2 (10 on the official list and 10 on the forum-compiled list, when counting both phones and tablets), and when talking about Android, we have exceeded the amount of compatible devices mentioned on DJI's list (32 on the official list vs. 36 on forum lists). You have done an amazing job - keep on reporting these models, and even more people will be able to activate and control their Pocket 2's using the devices!

Thank you to all you people who have made this possible - keep up the good stuff! :-)
2021-6-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new model (Samsung Galaxy S21) on the "working" list.

Also, I will be receiving an used phone and will see if it really is non-working (OnePlus 5).

Any other test reports would be much appreciated. :-)
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_pR0nl3uOVrbL
New

United States

fabiodidonna Posted at 3-13 22:25
Iphone SE (2016) work

Good news! Should offer a compact package with Pocket 2
2021-6-8
Use props
NightLifeUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello hope your all doing well. and congratulations too, due to HGDC64'S Post above.
So i managed to save a little and get a refurbished nokia 6.2 witch is on the compatable list here. great deal at only £111.00 on my last post i explain in more detail about my past devices ive tryed. (stock android with last years snapdragon chipset.) 4gb of ram.
so il be trying tonight and the folowing days no doubt something wont work lol but il post back with a result cheers

here goes.

first hurdle i predicted is on an android adivice is to download mimo app from the dji website it failed to instal because you can only download non playstore apps if your phone is rooted. im trying not to download the playstore mimo app if possable.
result- success due to allowing app to install from this website source  popup at the end of download (start of install).  with my last phone it said ''failed'' after(apk)installed.
no idea why. REMEMBER TO DOWNLOAD MIMO FROM THE DJI WEBSITE NOT PLAYSTORE like HGDC64 said on op.
mimo app installed and updated automatically with pocket 2 conected usb c adapter to usb c (phone) . all works well with no lag. so can also confirm a cheap refurbished NOKIA 6.2
works flawlessly.
soon il be trying wireless module other leads ect. but mainly!!!
the livestream to youtube via RTMP which we now know works.
and then hotspot livestream for true wireless livestreams out and about using mobile data. cheers all keep bieng awesome

2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_GVYtch4dExSY
lvl.1
India

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ doesn't work with DJI osmo pocket 2.
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_GVYtch4dExSY
lvl.1
India

Flakmunky Posted at 3-5 02:57
The following work:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Samsung A80

No it doesn't work
2021-6-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

NightLifeUK Posted at 6-9 04:49
Hello hope your all doing well. and congratulations too, due to HGDC64'S Post above.  
So i managed to save a little and get a refurbished nokia 6.2 witch is on the compatable list here. great deal at only £111.00 on my last post i explain in more detail about my past devices ive tryed. (stock android with last years snapdragon chipset.) 4gb of ram.
so il be trying tonight and the folowing days no doubt something wont work lol but il post back with a result  cheers

Glad to hear you got it to work :-) I'll have to say though that this was pretty certain to work, as the Nokia 6.2 is one of the very few models I have been able to test personally, and it was pretty easy to set up. Though it might have been that at that point, the Google Play Store version of Mimo app was still kept up to date, so users might encounter similar issues that you had now.

Anyhow, happy filming! :-)
2021-6-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

This has to be checked out. I will mark on the list that the compatibility of this model has contradicting opinions on it - and will update the list further after a final conclusion has been found out.

In the meantime, have you checked out the troubleshooting list to see if there is something that possibly disrupts the connection for you? Are you using a case or a phone clip for your phone? Will you notice a difference in connection if you insert the phone into case/clip before connection, or remove it from one? Did you install the Mimo app from Google Play Store? If you did, does uninstalling it and downloading/installing from DJI Mimo's own website (https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo) solve the connection problem? If you are using it wirelessly, what is the frequency setting of the wifi connection? See further information and suggestions on the original post.

One more thing that could possibly explain the different result on your tests: have you updated your Android to a newer version? To be able to work, the Mimo app needs at least Android version 7.0, or a newer one.

Hopefully your problem gets solved. If it doesn't, we'll investigate more to see whether the phone should be moved to the non-working list (or if there are, for instance, some differences on the phone model depending on the geological region where the model is sold).
2021-6-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added a couple of new troubleshooting tips to try if the connection doesn't seem to work.

Also, added a note considering the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ stating that there are contradicting comments about it's compatibility - the issue needs to be investigated further.
2021-6-9
Use props
NightLifeUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 6-9 11:55
Glad to hear you got it to work :-) I'll have to say though that this was pretty certain to work, as the Nokia 6.2 is one of the very few models I have been able to test personally, and it was pretty easy to set up. Though it might have been that at that point, the Google Play Store version of Mimo app was still kept up to date, so users might encounter similar issues that you had now.

Anyhow, happy filming! :-)

yeah thaks its been a good day, i got wifi to work also with the old wifi module but its choppy.
is there a thread about the all in 1 module (or any info /troubleshoot) and is the signal any stronger? il have to buy it any way for livestreaming as the livestreaming part on the mimo app is missing with the old module who wouldv thought ay Lol EDIT. also if i hold the p2 right next to the left hand side of the phone there is no lag at all so im thinking the signal is very short, ive tryed all the tips.
2021-6-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

NightLifeUK Posted at 6-9 14:36
yeah thaks its been a good day, i got wifi to work also with the old wifi module but its choppy.
is there a thread about the all in 1 module (or any info /troubleshoot) and is the signal any stronger? il have to buy it any way for livestreaming as the livestreaming part on the mimo app is missing with the old module who wouldv thought ay Lol EDIT. also if i hold the p2 right next to the left hand side of the phone there is no lag at all so im thinking the signal is very short, ive tryed all the tips.

There has been some discussion about the DIA handle, with various points of views.

Some good things about it are faster transfer speed between phone and the Pocket 2, the versatility and the additional functions provided by it, but there are also downsides such as the effect on battery running time and some overheating problems, depending on the scenario.

I have one and have been mostly content about it.

Check around the forum's topics, and you probably find some useful information, If not, you'll probably get answers if you start a new topic.
2021-6-10
Use props
NightLifeUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i mean it works but for what i wanted to do i still cant livestream, i can get round it by screensharing mimo on camerafi. but theres no way im buying a whole new creator combo at £400 as i only need the new wifii, i cant buy the thing without the camera. dji the kings of defeating the purpouse ive had enough. they've even told amazon to take the old otg cables down aswell its obvious. anyway catch you soon.
2021-6-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

NightLifeUK Posted at 6-10 05:34
i mean it works but for what i wanted to do i still cant livestream, i can get round it by screensharing mimo on camerafi. but theres no way im buying a whole new creator combo at £400 as i only need the new wifii, i cant buy the thing without the camera. dji the kings of defeating the purpouse ive had enough. they've even told amazon to take the old otg cables down aswell its obvious. anyway catch you soon.

Not sure what the situation is there in the UK, but at least here in Finland I have seen multiple online stores (haven't checked out at the brick and mortar stores though) selling the DIA handle separately, without the need to get the Creator Combo. Also, many international online stores (Amazon, eBay, DJI's own store etc.) seem to have it available.

Of course, the cost depends on the locations etc. It may cost some money, but for some functions (such as using the DJI's own wireless mic) it is a requirement, and depending on your use scenario, might well prove to be worth the money.

I am also not sure whether live streaming uses the wifi or mobile data connection, so that is also a factor in defining what accessories you need.
2021-6-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I received the OnePlus 5 (6GB RAM/64GB version, model ONEPLUS A5000) yesterday and decided to try it out to see if it really is non-compatible, as mentioned earlier on. I am glad to announce that the OnePlus 5 is actually compatible with the Pocket 2, both with USB-C adapter and wirelessly using the Do-It-All Handle :-)

This was without a protective case on the phone (haven't tested yet with the case on), and with the OS updated to Android 10 and OxygenOS 10.0.01. These test results and notes will be updated on the list soon.

This means my search for a compatible phone may have come to an end (at least for now). However, this doesn't mean I'm going to abandon this thread (and the one listing compatible tablets), it's just that I may not be personally testing as many models as I used to. However, I will still gather reports and update the list when new information occurrs.

Thank you for everyone that has taken part in these tests, it has benefitted many people (and hopefully will do so in the future too). I hope people will still report their results, so that it will help as many people as possible to find devices that lets them activate the Pocket 2 and start using it the way it was meant to use.

Happy filming to everybody! :-)
2021-6-13
Use props
djiuser_ftHl6EzKdOSt
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone else tried the Moto G7?  I tried mine and it even has Android 10 and it does not work...   I never use my phone with my old Osmo Pocket and only used my phone to activate the camera (Why does DJI require it to be activated to use the camera????) and was going to do the same with the Pocket 2 but it was a no go... I sent the camera back now.... Totally disapointed...   
2021-6-19
Use props
Tamshea
New
United States

Would someone here be able to help me? As odd as it may sound, I purchased my pocket 2 back in November last year and strangely it worked with my Moto Z2 Force on the Mimo app up until just last week. Now when I connect it to my phone (regardless if it is with the USB-C connector or via wireless module) the camera pops up as a black screen and then disconnects in an endless loop. I did call technical support and they informed me my phone was on the incompatible list of phones, but I just tried to do it again on my wife's new Samsung Galaxy S21 and it still is persisting to do the same thing, I've tried it with 3 different phones and it still is doing it. I've really enjoyed this camera and bought a multitude of accessories for it, so I've been fully invested in its ecosystem, it's frustrating that I now can't seem to use it the way I intended with a phone. Technical support is hard to reach considering I work an 8-5 job and I have limited time during my lunch break and can't contact someone over the weekend. Can someone help me get into touch over at DJI to get a repair or replace process started?

Thank you to anyone in advance! I'm a bit of newbie on here.
2021-6-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_ftHl6EzKdOSt Posted at 6-19 08:32
Has anyone else tried the Moto G7?  I tried mine and it even has Android 10 and it does not work...   I never use my phone with my old Osmo Pocket and only used my phone to activate the camera (Why does DJI require it to be activated to use the camera????) and was going to do the same with the Pocket 2 but it was a no go... I sent the camera back now.... Totally disapointed...

Haven't tested that particular model (at least yet), but maybe somebody else knows more?

As for now, I will put it on the non-working list. But if I will find out about evidence pointing to the other direction, I will change the list accordingly.

For a quick suggestion, I would recommend checking out the troubleshooting tips on the first post of this thread.

Hopefully you will find a solution to your problem, either by getting that phone to work or by finding another compatible device.
2021-6-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Tamshea Posted at 6-19 20:59
Would someone here be able to help me? As odd as it may sound, I purchased my pocket 2 back in November last year and strangely it worked with my Moto Z2 Force on the Mimo app up until just last week. Now when I connect it to my phone (regardless if it is with the USB-C connector or via wireless module) the camera pops up as a black screen and then disconnects in an endless loop. I did call technical support and they informed me my phone was on the incompatible list of phones, but I just tried to do it again on my wife's new Samsung Galaxy S21 and it still is persisting to do the same thing, I've tried it with 3 different phones and it still is doing it. I've really enjoyed this camera and bought a multitude of accessories for it, so I've been fully invested in its ecosystem, it's frustrating that I now can't seem to use it the way I intended with a phone. Technical support is hard to reach considering I work an 8-5 job and I have limited time during my lunch break and can't contact someone over the weekend. Can someone help me get into touch over at DJI to get a repair or replace process started?

Thank you to anyone in advance! I'm a bit of newbie on here.

My suggestion would be to check the troubleshooting list on the first post. Testing on multiple connections and devices and still getting the same results sounds like there could be a fault in your Pocket 2 though.

If none of the troubleshooting tips won't work for you, I'd recommend contacting DJI support for a replacement, repair or refund. If you can't reach them by phone, you could try using their online support services.

Also, has any of the devices you have tested been mentioned on the DJI's official compatibility list (see https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo)? If one of them is, you could point that out to them and they'd probably realize there could be some other problem, at which point they could start investigating the issue with more focus. Although my list does contain many devices not mentioned on DJI's official list, they don't consider it officially sanctioned and may not have any test results for them (also, they may be a bit stubborn about it).
2021-6-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Tested the OnePlus 5 with a USB-C connection and silicone case on it. Seems like it stabilizes it a bit, but not much.

Also bought a phone clip (the official DJI one). Seems to make it much sturdier (though it must be inserted with precision to avoid bending connections etc.).
2021-6-20
Use props
djiuser_ftHl6EzKdOSt
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-20 03:14
Haven't tested that particular model (at least yet), but maybe somebody else knows more?

As for now, I will put it on the non-working list. But if I will find out about evidence pointing to the other direction, I will change the list accordingly.

Even though I have sent the camera back I thought it would be a good experiment to see if the newer Mimo  app from the DJI web site would download to my phone.... Ah ha!  Perhaps I have found the incompatibility with my Moto G7   The app will not load on the phone so that pretty much confirms it I think... The Moto G7 will not work...  
2021-6-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_ftHl6EzKdOSt Posted at 6-20 07:51
Even though I have sent the camera back I thought it would be a good experiment to see if the newer Mimo  app from the DJI web site would download to my phone.... Ah ha!  Perhaps I have found the incompatibility with my Moto G7   The app will not load on the phone so that pretty much confirms it I think... The Moto G7 will not work...

Yep, it seems like that in many cases, not being able to install new enough version is the dealbreaker. That was probably the reason for me too, originally.

Hopefully you will find another solution to your problem (either another phone or another manufacturer's camera)... This certainly is a frustrating issue to many of us.
2021-6-22
Use props
BeefSteakTomato
New

United Kingdom

HGDC84 - Thanks for taking the time to compile this list. It certainly helped this Android user...

So for the Honor 10 ...

I can confirm that I had to change the wireless frequency 2.4GHz and use the latest version of the Mimo app (via the DJI website) to get this working.
2021-6-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BeefSteakTomato Posted at 6-23 13:16
HGDC84 - Thanks for taking the time to compile this list. It certainly helped this Android user...

So for the Honor 10 ...

Thank you for your report, it has now been updated on the list. :-)
2021-6-25
Use props
Rainharfer
New

Canada

LG Q Stylo Plus don't work
ZTE Axon M Z999 work
2021-6-29
Use props
baldwinn
lvl.2

Poland

Xiaomi POCO M3  works without any problems.
2021-6-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Rainharfer Posted at 6-29 09:02
LG Q Stylo Plus don't work
ZTE Axon M Z999 work

Thank you for your tests and reports, now added on to the list.
2021-6-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

baldwinn Posted at 6-30 04:30
Xiaomi POCO M3  works without any problems.

Thank you for your tests and report. Added to the list. :-)
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_Ktit2MOCEljQ
New

Ghana

Hey hey! Sorry I'm late to the game. Just wanted to report that the Samsung Galaxy A50 works ... at least for activating a DJI Pocket 2. My LG Stylo 4 DID NOT WORK, so I borrowed my friend's Galaxy A50. And even though I was scared because it was not on the list, I did activate the product.

Thanks!
Anthony
2021-7-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_Ktit2MOCEljQ Posted at 7-7 17:06
Hey hey! Sorry I'm late to the game. Just wanted to report that the Samsung Galaxy A50 works ... at least for activating a DJI Pocket 2. My LG Stylo 4 DID NOT WORK, so I borrowed my friend's Galaxy A50. And even though I was scared because it was not on the list, I did activate the product.

Thanks!

You're not late, they still keep selling the Pocket 2 (even announced a new-color version of it recently!) and I still keep on updating this list. So no need to apologize :-)

Also, thank you for your tests and reports, they have now been added to the list!
2021-7-8
Use props
djiuser_YUrSd6WFjADC
lvl.1

Poland

Hi there. Samsung Galaxy M 11 DOESN'T work.

I found of the list Samsung A12 as a compatible. You think it will remain like that even in case of DJI Mimo app update ? I want to buy and I'm affraid of potential risk..
2021-7-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_YUrSd6WFjADC Posted at 7-14 05:34
Hi there. Samsung Galaxy M 11 DOESN'T work.

I found of the list Samsung A12 as a compatible. You think it will remain like that even in case of DJI Mimo app update ? I want to buy and I'm affraid of potential risk..

First of all, thank you for your update, I will add it on the list.

As for the updates, I unfortunately can't make any personal guarantees as I do not work for DJI, and my lists are not officially sanctioned by them. What I can tell is that I have had some reports notifying that some models have stopped working after certain updates, but on the other hand these have been relatively rare (only about one to three models have been reported with this issue).

If you want to play it safe, I'd recommend looking for one of the officially mentioned models. However, you can also keep in mind that after the obligatory activation, the Pocket 2 can be used as a stand-alone device. If you don't need the phone functions, you can possibly borrow a compatible device from a friend or relative, activate using that, then carry on using it as a stand-alone camera.

Also, if you have a compatible iPad or Android tablet, you could try using that instead of a phone. See the original post for a link to the list of compatible tablets.

When I got mine, I was bitterly disappointed by the fact that my original phone was not able to activate the Pocket 2, making me not able to use the camera. Fortunately, one of my friends borrowed his phone for me to see if I can activate the Pocket 2 using it, and luckily enough, it worked. (The phone was a Nokia 6.2 - another model that is not officially mentioned by DJI but has been personally tested and proven to work). After that, I could record video and take pictures without a phone (though I had no chance to use remote control or other functions that require a phone). Later on, I got a phone that proved to work with the Pocket 2 (OnePlus 5) and has worked perfectly so far, even after a couple of updates.

Good luck, hopefully you find a solution that works best for you!
2021-7-14
Use props
djiuser_YUrSd6WFjADC
lvl.1

Poland

HGDC84 Posted at 7-14 10:35
First of all, thank you for your update, I will add it on the list.

As for the updates, I unfortunately can't make any personal guarantees as I do not work for DJI, and my lists are not officially sanctioned by them. What I can tell is that I have had some reports notifying that some models have stopped working after certain updates, but on the other hand these have been relatively rare (only about one to three models have been reported with this issue).

Thank you so much ! You are so helpfull and informative.
2021-7-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_YUrSd6WFjADC Posted at 7-14 11:33
Thank you so much ! You are so helpfull and informative.

Glad to hear you find my tips and information useful. :-)
2021-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules