DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible phones/troubleshooting
62140 353 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sw7GfcczhhB4
New

India

I would very much appreciate if anyone tried with samsung m21 and m32, can tell me the compatibility of osmo pocket 2 with my phones i.e., Samsung m21 and m32.
2021-7-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_sw7GfcczhhB4 Posted at 7-29 10:54
I would very much appreciate if anyone tried with samsung m21 and m32, can tell me the compatibility of osmo pocket 2 with my phones i.e., Samsung m21 and m32.

Haven't had the chance to test those myself, but will add them to the list if and when I will get results for them. Does anyone else have experience with these models?

In other news, added one new compatible model to the list and a new troubleshooting tip.
2021-8-4
Use props
Defleur
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks HGDC84 for starting this thread - it's been a lifesaver! Like others, I'm quite shocked at how vague & unhelpful DJI are about what phones will work with the DJI Pocket - & their reasons for why you HAVE TO register in the first place! I want to buy one, but I've had to do days of research about phone compatibility, & I'm still not sure, so I still haven't bought one! Can't they see they're losing customers??
Anyway, I have a Blackview A60 Pro phone, which I don't expect anyone will ever test to see if it works with the Pocket 2.
However, I see that the Blackview A20 DOES WORK. Now, I've also looked at the list of phones that work & don't work (& I've done the same with the Tablets list too), & it seems to me - & I could be completely wrong here! - that if you have a newer model of a phone or tablet that definitely works from the Working List then you're going to be ok... For example, all iphones AFTER the iPhone 5S WILL WORK. Any iphone before that WILL NOT WORK. Any Samsung Galaxy phone AFTER the A12 will work, any Galaxy BEFORE that model WILL NOT WORK.
Has anyone else thought of this & tested this theory?
For this reason, I'm half-tempted to buy the Pocket 2 from Amazon & try it with my phone. If it doesn't work, then I'll lose some money paying for the postage to return it, but I'll get my money back...
Like others, I don't want to have to buy a new phone just to use it with the Pocket 2, thereby increasing the price of the thing! I deliberately bought a cheap smartphone, I like my cheap smartphone, I don't want a fancy smartphone!
2021-8-8
Use props
crogersscapes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Try this solution I found,  it may work for many other phones also https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=247715
2021-8-9
Use props
fansaaf84a71
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Samsung A12 works fine on the pocket 2 WIFI by switching from AUTO to 2.4GHz within the MIMO app, auto being the default setting in the app
See my thread.
2021-8-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Defleur Posted at 8-8 14:10
Thanks HGDC84 for starting this thread - it's been a lifesaver! Like others, I'm quite shocked at how vague & unhelpful DJI are about what phones will work with the DJI Pocket - & their reasons for why you HAVE TO register in the first place! I want to buy one, but I've had to do days of research about phone compatibility, & I'm still not sure, so I still haven't bought one! Can't they see they're losing customers??
Anyway, I have a Blackview A60 Pro phone, which I don't expect anyone will ever test to see if it works with the Pocket 2.
However, I see that the Blackview A20 DOES WORK. Now, I've also looked at the list of phones that work & don't work (& I've done the same with the Tablets list too), & it seems to me - & I could be completely wrong here! - that if you have a newer model of a phone or tablet that definitely works from the Working List then you're going to be ok... For example, all iphones AFTER the iPhone 5S WILL WORK. Any iphone before that WILL NOT WORK. Any Samsung Galaxy phone AFTER the A12 will work, any Galaxy BEFORE that model WILL NOT WORK.

First of all, glad to hear you have found this thread useful :-)

As for your observations, your theory certainly sounds plausible. The performance and technical properties of new phones tend to be better than those of the older ones - at least most of the time -  thus meaning newer phones are more likely to meet or exceed the minimum system requirements of the Pocket 2.

This can be true, however I still think it is better for the time being to list all tested models, no matter whether they are older or newer than some certain models. Even if and when it is proven that this theory applies, listing would help us to know what is the "breaking point" where non-compatible phone model series become compatible. Also, the age of the model is not the only thing that defines whether or not the phone is compatible (for example, Samsung Galaxy A3 from 2017 is not compatible, however OnePlus 5 from the same year is).

But certainly not a bad observation, and one that I certainly could see that would be proven to be true later on. :-)

Also, completely agree on your point of not willing to buy a new phone just for the Pocket 2 - it would make no sense if your old phone works just fine.

2021-8-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fansaaf84a71 Posted at 8-9 11:11
Samsung A12 works fine on the pocket 2 WIFI by switching from AUTO to 2.4GHz within the MIMO app, auto being the default setting in the app
See my thread.

Thank you for your observations and notes, your solution could definetely make a difference for many users. Even though the frequency setting discussion is not completely new, it is a good point to mention that the Mimo app should be restarted after changing the setting.

As for me, my problem is already solved, as I now have access to both a compatible phone and a tablet. But your solution probably proves to be vital for somebody else who has this problem, so I updated the info on the troubleshooting tips. Thank you once again :-)
2021-8-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated the working model list and troubleshooting tips for the wireless frequency setting.
2021-8-9
Use props
Defleur
lvl.1

Ireland

HGDC84 Posted at 8-9 12:43
First of all, glad to hear you have found this thread useful :-)

As for your observations, your theory certainly sounds plausible. The performance and technical properties of new phones tend to be better than those of the older ones - at least most of the time -  thus meaning newer phones are more likely to meet or exceed the minimum system requirements of the Pocket 2.

The theory wouldn't be about different phones released in the same year. But newer models from the same company.
So if we know the Oneplus 5 does work (Released June 20, 2017) then can we know that ALL Oneplus phones after that will work too...?
The Samsung Galaxy A3 doesn't work (Released January 2, 2017) then can we know that ALL Samsung Galaxy phones before that will not work too....?
It might be worth investigating the - as you call it - "breaking point" where we know the mininum phone required for each brand....
2021-8-9
Use props
NightLifeUK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 6-13 02:41
I received the OnePlus 5 (6GB RAM/64GB version, model ONEPLUS A5000) yesterday and decided to try it out to see if it really is non-compatible, as mentioned earlier on. I am glad to announce that the OnePlus 5 is actually compatible with the Pocket 2, both with USB-C adapter and wirelessly using the Do-It-All Handle :-)

This was without a protective case on the phone (haven't tested yet with the case on), and with the OS updated to Android 10 and OxygenOS 10.0.01. These test results and notes will be updated on the list soon.

Hi @hgdc84 and a big thank you to you too for all your hard work. so im happy to report back that i and many others are now able to livestream to youtube (be sure to check my older posts here in this thread) for my phone  brand/settings and advice from other ppl here ect. this video explaines how.
https://youtu.be/nLkYKF9XFJI

let me know if you get any errors like the quite common ''please save stream settings'' error in the mimo app
as you may have to create a new stream key everytime like me untill they streamline the problem.
otherwise it works flawlessly with the do it all handle i managed to buy SEPERATE!! btw now back on sale at amazon (hmm i wonder why they stopped selling them seperate for a while, i think we know why. anyway cheers all. so thanks to hgdc84 and you guys for all the help and il pop by now and then because as we know SOMETHING ALLWAYS GOES WRONG AT THE LAST MINUITE LOL. catch you later.
2021-8-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Defleur Posted at 8-9 18:30
The theory wouldn't be about different phones released in the same year. But newer models from the same company.
So if we know the Oneplus 5 does work (Released June 20, 2017) then can we know that ALL Oneplus phones after that will work  too...?
The Samsung Galaxy A3 doesn't work (Released January 2, 2017) then can we know that ALL Samsung Galaxy phones before that will not work too....?

I know that your point wasn't the age of the phone per se, I just brought it up as an insight to consider. In the theory, while the age of the phone wouldn't be the key point, it still has the basic premise of newer phones being more likely to work. I suspect that some newer phones still could not work, even if some older ones would. But your main point of newer models of the same series working after the first working model sounds plausible enough.

Indeed, the "breaking point" theory would be interesting to test out, if someone had the resources. But time will tell, in the meanwhile I'll check out these forums and list what I have found out or others have told.
2021-8-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

NightLifeUK Posted at 8-13 03:33
Hi @hgdc84 and a big thank you to you too for all your hard work. so im happy to report back that i and many others are now able to livestream to youtube (be sure to check my older posts here in this thread) for my phone  brand/settings and advice from other ppl here ect. this video explaines how.
https://youtu.be/nLkYKF9XFJI

Hi, nice to hear of you again :-) Glad to hear you found a DIA Handle and got your streaming up and running :-)

Also thanks for the video link, while livestreaming is not yet on my agenda, it will be good to bear this video on mind in case I get involved with it.

Though I sure hope the Mimo app gets a fix to that problem, the workaround seems a tad complicated.

Glad to hear this thread has been helpful to you, also thanks for your contributions to the discussion. Happy streaming, let's hope there won't be too many problems :-)
2021-8-13
Use props
Defleur
lvl.1

Ireland

Green = recommended on DJI website
Blue = works
Red = doesn’t work

Apple iPhone 5s                            (2013, September 20)

Apple iPhone 6                              (2014, September)
Apple iPhone 6 S+                         (2015, September 25)
Apple iPhone SE                            (2016, March 31)
iPhone 11 Pro max、iPhone 11 Pro、iPhone 11、iPhone SE 2020、iPhone XS max、iPhone XS、iPhone XR、iPhone X、iPhone 8 Plus、iPhone 8
Apple iPhone 12                             (2020, October 23)
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max               (2020, November 13)

Blackview A20                                 (2018, Feb)

BQ Aquaris X Pro                            (2017, June)

CAT S31                                          (2017, October )

Google Pixel XL                               (2016, October 20)
Pixel 2                                             (2017, Oct 19)
Pixel 3XL                                         (2018,
Oct)
Pixel 4XL                                         (2020, Jan 28)
Google Pixel 4a                               (2020, August 3)
(UPDATE: to use this model wirelessly, do the following:
1. Turn off mobile data on your phone
2. Open your phone's WiFi settings and select DJIPocket-xxxxxx from the list of available WiFi networks
3. Open DJI Mimo
Inability to use mobile data possibly means no livestreaming available for this phone model when connected wirelessly)

Honor 6X                                    (2017, Jan)
Honor 10                                    (2018, April 27)
(set wireless frequency to 2,4GHz and make sure you have the latest version of the Mimo app from DJI's own site)

HONOR 20                                 (2019, May)
Honor 9X                                    (2019, July)
HONOR 30 Pro                          (2020, April 15) [/color

HTC U11                                    (2017, May)

HUAWEI P40 Pro                       (2020, March 26)
HUAWEI P40                              (2020. March 26)
HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro                (2019, Sep 19)
HUAWEI Mate 30                       (2019, Sep 19)
HUAWEI P30 Pro                       (2019, March)
Huawei P30 Lite                         (2019, March)
Huawei P Smart 2019                (2018, December) (with USB-C to MicroUSB adapter)
Huawei Y9                                  (2018, October 01)
HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro                (2018, Nov)
HUAWEI P20 Pro                       (2018, April)
HUAWEI P20                             (2018, March)
HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro                (2017, Oct)

LG Stylo 2 Plus                          (2016, June)
LG G6                                        (2017, April)
LG Q6                                        (2017, July)
LG Q Stylo Plus                         (2018, August)
LG Stylo 4                                  (2018, June)
LG Stylo 4 Plus                          (2018, June)

LG V40                                      (2018, Oct 3)
LG Stylo 6 Model LM-Q730TM  (2020, May 20)
LG Aristo 5                                 (2020, July 13th)

Moto Z2                                      (2017, June)
Moto Z2 Force                            (2017, August)
Moto G6                                     (2018, April)
Moto G7                                     (2019, Feb) (according to poster, worked earlier on but doesn't seem to work now; still under investigations)

Moto One Action                        (2019, October 31) (works when starting the app AFTER turning on the gimbal)
Moto G Pro                                (2020, June 15)
Moto Stylus G                            (2021, June 9)

Nokia 6.2                                   (2019, Sept 5)

OnePlus 5                                 (2017, June)
(6GB RAM/64GB version, model ONEPLUS A5000, updated to Android 10, OxygenOS 10.0.01 - Used to be on the non-working list, but personally confirmed to work - therefore moved on to the list of compatible models)

OnePlus 7 Pro                          (2019, May 14)
OnePlus 8                                (2020, April 21)

Oppo R2F                                (2019, Oct)
OPPO RENO 3 Pro                 (2020, March 2)

Samsung S7                                             (2016, Feb)
Samsung S7 Edge                                    (2016, Feb) (only when used wirelessly, therefore requires the Do-It-All handle)

Samsung Galaxy A3                                (2017, Jan 2)
Samsung Galaxy XCover 4                      (2017, March)
SAMSUNG Galaxy S8                              (2017, April 21)
Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-730GM       (2017, June)
Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown                      (2018, July)
SAMSUNG Galaxy S9+                            (2018, March 16)
Samsung Galaxy J6                                 (2018, May)
Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus                         (2018, Sept)
SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9                       (2018, August 23)
Samsung Galaxy A50                              (2019, February 25)
Samsung Galaxy A70                              (2019, March)
SAMSUNG Galaxy S10                           (2019, March)
Samsung Galaxy S10+                            (2019, March 4)
Samsung A40                                          (2019, April 10) (some possible firmware update problems encountered)
Samsung A80                                          (2019, May 29)

Samsung Galaxy A10e                            (2019, June 11)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+                     (2019, August 7) (NOTE: There are contradicting statements about this model's compatibility, and therefore the issue must be investigated further. If you manage to get this model to work, please do confirm it in this thread.)
Samsung Galaxy A01                                  (2019, Dec)
Samsung A1                                                (2019, Dec) (only partial support, no remote control)
SAMSUNG Galaxy S20+                            (2020, Feb 11)
SAMSUNG Galaxy S20                              (2020, Feb 11)
Samsung M31                                             (2020, Feb 26)

Samsung Galaxy M 11                                (2020, May 4)
Samsung Note 20 ultra 5G                         (2020, August) (Only partial support - connects, but must be inserted facing the wrong side in order to connect - report if you manage to get it to work with the right orientation)
Samsung M51                                            (2020, August 31)
Samsung Galaxy 20FE                              (2020, October 2)
Samsung Galaxy A12                                (2020, December 21) (for wireless use, use the 2.4 GhZ setting)
Samsung Galaxy S21                                (2021, January 14)

Sony Xperia X                                           (2016, June 1)

Sony Xperia XA2                                       (2018, Feb 1)
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact                        (2018, April 5)
Sony Xperia 5                                            (2019, November)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus                                 (2017, December)
Xiaomi Redmi S2                                      (2018, May)
Xiaomi Poco F1                                        (2018, August 22)
Xiaomi Mi 9                                               (2019, Feb)
Xiaomi Mi 10                                             (2020, Feb 13)
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro                                      (2020, Feb 13)
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra                                    (2020, August 16)
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro                                    (2020, September 30th) (with USB-C to MicroUSB adapter, wireless use requires 2.8 GhZ frequency setting)
Xiaomi POCO M3                                     (2020, November 27)

Redmi K30 Pro                                         (2021, Jan 3)

Vivo X30 Pro                                            (2020, Jan 30)
Vivo X30                                                  (2020, Jan 29)
Vivo X27                                                  (2019, July 12)

ZTE Axon M Z999                                   (2017, November)

2021-8-14
Use props
Gue1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have been trying for about 2 weeks now to get my Do IT All Handle to connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to my Huawei Mate 20 Lite but all it keeps saying is `can not detect device`. I`ve written to DJI support about this 4 days ago and so far no sign of them responding, (great after sales support eh?)! BUT and this is the madness, I had a 4 - 5 year old Sony Xperia X phone knocking around, so I charged it up and lo and behold that connects effortlessly to the Do It All Handle via the Mimo app. So I though I`ll try my iPad Mini 4, put the app on there and that also connects first time to the Do It All Handle, so why can`t the Mimo app on a Huawei phone only around 18 months old not see the Do It All Handle especially when it doesn't appear on the `Phones it wont work with` list? This will be the very last DJI product I ever buy after they so rapidly have dumped support for my DJI Mavic original thats only around 2 and a half years old.
2021-8-14
Use props
Gue1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United Kingdom

NathanRW Posted at 3-5 18:48
The Galaxy J7 Crown does NOT work; and this whole thing is pi$$ing me off. I'm about ready to just send it back for a refund and get a GoPro instead.

I never saw anywhere prior to purchase you had to have a specific phone to activate the camera (or any phone to activate it). Wasn't until I couldn't get it to work that I started googling activation issues and found the problem. It then took me two weeks to find a friend that both had the right type of phone and the time to let me activate the camera.

Hi Nathan,

This pees me off as well. They should have to post something up in BIG LETTERS saying, `Please check the current list of phones that are compatible with the DJI Pocket 2 Mimo app before purchasing the Pocket 2`, at least then they put the onus on the purchaser to make this check before purchase and if they dont check then they have no comeback. BUT the way DJI do business, whereby you buy a product in all innocence to then find out after the event that somewhere there exists a list of `known` phones that will work and a separate list of `known` phones that wont work, is wrong wrong wrong! I believe you have every right to return this phone to the dealer you purchased it from saying its `not fit for purpose`, under The Sale of Goods Act (1997) if you live in the UK. Other countries may have their own consumer laws that you can rely on. In the UK, just ring your local council and ask to speak to Trading Standards department and you can there open a case and get a `case number` that you can quote on any paperwork you raise regarding this product. Also note your contract is with the retailer you purchased the product from and not DJI directly.
2021-8-14
Use props
Defleur
lvl.1

Ireland

Gue1 Posted at 8-14 07:04
Hi, I have been trying for about 2 weeks now to get my Do IT All Handle to connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to my Huawei Mate 20 Lite but all it keeps saying is `can not detect device`. I`ve written to DJI support about this 4 days ago and so far no sign of them responding, (great after sales support eh?)! BUT and this is the madness, I had a 4 - 5 year old Sony Xperia X phone knocking around, so I charged it up and lo and behold that connects effortlessly to the Do It All Handle via the Mimo app. So I though I`ll try my iPad Mini 4, put the app on there and that also connects first time to the Do It All Handle, so why can`t the Mimo app on a Huawei phone only around 18 months old not see the Do It All Handle especially when it doesn't appear on the `Phones it wont work with` list? This will be the very last DJI product I ever buy after they so rapidly have dumped support for my DJI Mavic original thats only around 2 and a half years old.

Have you tried downloading the older version of Mimo from the website on your phone?

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

2021-8-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Defleur Posted at 8-14 05:19
Green = recommended on DJI website  
Blue = works
Red = doesn’t work

You've really done some research here with the release date info, great job! :-)

I also like your ideas for color coding, adding the officially supported models and categorizing them by manufacturer. I'll have to see if I should update the list on the first post in a similar manner. :-)

As for the "breaking point" theory, we'll have to see how it will apply to further information we will receive in this thread. It seems like some newer models might not work, but I am also not sure if the manufacturer considers those to belong to a same model series.

Thank you for these, this looks quite good!
2021-8-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Gue1 Posted at 8-14 07:14
Hi Nathan,

This pees me off as well. They should have to post something up in BIG LETTERS saying, `Please check the current list of phones that are compatible with the DJI Pocket 2 Mimo app before purchasing the Pocket 2`, at least then they put the onus on the purchaser to make this check before purchase and if they dont check then they have no comeback. BUT the way DJI do business, whereby you buy a product in all innocence to then find out after the event that somewhere there exists a list of `known` phones that will work and a separate list of `known` phones that wont work, is wrong wrong wrong! I believe you have every right to return this phone to the dealer you purchased it from saying its `not fit for purpose`, under The Sale of Goods Act (1997) if you live in the UK. Other countries may have their own consumer laws that you can rely on. In the UK, just ring your local council and ask to speak to Trading Standards department and you can there open a case and get a `case number` that you can quote on any paperwork you raise regarding this product. Also note your contract is with the retailer you purchased the product from and not DJI directly.

I share your frustrations. Even though I did manage to get a compatible phone later on, I was pretty peeved too to find out my then-current phone could not work.

I full-heartedly agree that they should add a clear, easy-to-find disclaimer making it known that the Pocket 2 will need these very certain phones to work.

The issue is indeed very confusing when also considering that the release year of the phone might not help you to find out if the phone will work. I was surprised to see some phones as "old" as from 2013 could work, while many of those released later won't.

I originally started this thread precisely because DJI was not especially helpful with this - I bet nobody's happy to find out that compatibility issue after buying the device.

Anyway, glad to hear you found out at least something compatible.

Also, your advice considering returning the purchase and the councils, acts, Trading Standards department, consumer laws etc. could really prove worth their weight in gold for those that are unable to activate their cameras. Consumers get their money back, and DJI could learn a lesson or two when finding out their tactic causes people to call the deal off. That is some great information, thank you for that :-)

EDIT: While it is not DJI's fault that the phone does not appear on the not-working list (it is in no way updated, sponsored or officially sanctioned by DJI), it can be said that they failed here miserably because THEY NEVER MADE A NON-COMPATIBLE LIST THEMSELVES, nor did they EVEN HINT THAT NOT ALL PHONES ARE COMPATIBLE. I had to start gathering the list myself, because I though that having a non-official list of non-working models is better than having no such list at all.

2021-8-14
Use props
djiuser_jDUt5ylGYCPO
New

Spain

Hello to everyone.
I'm the user of a Huawei P10 Lite, a bit old phone with today standards, with Android 8.0 and I've managed to conect and activate the DJI pocket 2.
As commented by HGDC84 in the first post, got a couple of difficulties from the start. I needed to buy an USB C adaptor, and the mimo App from Google Play only gave me compatibility with the pocket 1, not the 2.
Downloading the App from the DJI website and upgrade afterwards was the solution for me, and I think could be the case for many "semi-old" phones (besides the usb c adaptor).
Note that I didn't bought the do-it-all handle, just the basic, so I don't know if it will work with the wireless connection.
2021-8-14
Use props
Betty Wood
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was all set to buy the dji pocket 2 but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy A71 with a C connection and Android 11.  Any info on this?  Thanks
2021-8-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Gue1 Posted at 8-14 07:04
Hi, I have been trying for about 2 weeks now to get my Do IT All Handle to connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to my Huawei Mate 20 Lite but all it keeps saying is `can not detect device`. I`ve written to DJI support about this 4 days ago and so far no sign of them responding, (great after sales support eh?)! BUT and this is the madness, I had a 4 - 5 year old Sony Xperia X phone knocking around, so I charged it up and lo and behold that connects effortlessly to the Do It All Handle via the Mimo app. So I though I`ll try my iPad Mini 4, put the app on there and that also connects first time to the Do It All Handle, so why can`t the Mimo app on a Huawei phone only around 18 months old not see the Do It All Handle especially when it doesn't appear on the `Phones it wont work with` list? This will be the very last DJI product I ever buy after they so rapidly have dumped support for my DJI Mavic original thats only around 2 and a half years old.

Does the Huawei Mate 20 Lite connect when connecting using the physical USB-C connector, or will it refuse to connect at all?
2021-8-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_jDUt5ylGYCPO Posted at 8-14 19:16
Hello to everyone.
I'm the user of a Huawei P10 Lite, a bit old phone with today standards, with Android 8.0 and I've managed to conect and activate the DJI pocket 2.
As commented by HGDC84 in the first post, got a couple of difficulties from the start. I needed to buy an USB C adaptor, and the mimo App from Google Play only gave me compatibility with the pocket 1, not the 2.

Thank you for your testing and information, the model has been updated on the list. :-)
2021-8-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Betty Wood Posted at 8-15 08:09
I was all set to buy the dji pocket 2 but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy A71 with a C connection and Android 11.  Any info on this?  Thanks

Not sure about this model, haven't been able to test it myself. Anyone else having info about this particular one?

For what I can tell is that at least the Android version is new enough. As for the USB-C connector, see if you can find out if it's at least version 2.0. That is the version Pocket 2 is said to require. Do bear in mind though that there may be other requirements for the phone to work with the Pocket 2.

If you can't confirm this and are not sure, see if a friend of yours has a compatible phone. After the activation, the Pocket 2 can be used as a stand-alone device.

Good luck for your investigations! :-)

2021-8-16
Use props
Betty Wood
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 8-16 14:43
Not sure about this model, haven't been able to test it myself. Anyone else having info about this particular one?

For what I can tell is that at least the Android version is new enough. As for the USB-C connector, see if you can find out if it's at least version 2.0. That is the version Pocket 2 is said to require. Do bear in mind though that there may be other requirements for the phone to work with the Pocket 2.

Hello, thanks for your response, I checked on my phone on Samsung's website and it says my phone has
USB Interface
USB Type-C and USB Version
USB 2.0
I am 71, my friend has a Samsung Galaxy a10 and my husband has a Huawei Y6 neither of which are compatible?  I shall keep trying to find out any more info on this and will post back if I find anything helpful.  It's a lot of money to spend on something that isn't compatible, I almost bought the DJI pocket 2 combo in Sunset White direct fom DJI which is £399, too much for me to spend until I am sure if it will work with my phone.  Thanks again for your response.
2021-8-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Betty Wood Posted at 8-16 23:27
Hello, thanks for your response, I checked on my phone on Samsung's website and it says my phone has
USB Interface
USB Type-C and USB Version

You're welcome, hope you find a compatible device :-) One more tip: if you can't find a compatible phone, you could check out if you or a person close to you has a compatible iPad or an Android tablet. Some of those are also compatible and can be used to activate the Pocket 2. For seeing the ones checked by the community, see the link on the first post.

Good luck!
2021-8-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new compatible model: Redmi Note 9 Pro.
2021-8-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added new information about one often-requested model, Samsung A71 - that doesn't seem to work as far as I have read for now. However, there wasn't much general information about it, and if somebody does find proof about the opposite, then it would certainly be welcome here.
2021-8-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new compatible model - Huawei P Smart 2021.
2021-8-20
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

HGDC84 Posted at 8-20 11:23
Added one new compatible model - Huawei P Smart 2021.

Wow! you have done some seriously hard work here and should be applauded

And DJI should reward you  
2021-8-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Droffarc Posted at 8-21 00:28
Wow! you have done some seriously hard work here and should be applauded

And DJI should reward you

Thank you for your encouragement :-)

I'll have to say though that this hasn't been just a one-man show. Many others have contributed in this list, telling their experiences with their phones and helping that list expand. Had it depended only on me, I would only have a couple of models on the list. Do bear in mind that you also helped us with this when you informed me which phone worked for you - so thank you too
2021-8-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new compatible model - Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (SM-G998). Possibly has issues when using the Glamour Mode (video noise and static), but is said to work otherwise.
2021-8-23
Use props
fans7a4fdbd9
New

United States

any info on Samsung Galaxy S 6 (64GB)? thansks.  my osmo is activated - just want to use this "replacement" phone to control Pocket 2, cheers
2021-9-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

fans7a4fdbd9 Posted at 9-8 10:32
any info on Samsung Galaxy S 6 (64GB)? thansks.  my osmo is activated - just want to use this "replacement" phone to control Pocket 2, cheers

I haven't seen any mentions about that phone yet, but will list it here if and when I will find out something about it. Anybody else knowing something?

Generally speaking, I think the chances of getting it to work with it are better now that you have managed to activate it earlier on (I have heard of models that cannot be used for activation yet can be used for remote control, and the only case of activation working but not remote control I have seen or heard of was my father's tablet - and even that proved to be about a wobbly connection that was fixed when I put the tablet in a protective case before connecting it to Pocket 2).

If you happen to test it yourself or hear/see something about it otherwise, we would like to hear about your results :-)

Good luck, hopefully this question will be answered!
2021-9-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new working model - Redmi K30 Ultra. Not sure if it works wirelessly, but according to the info received, direct physical USB-C connection works.
2021-9-13
Use props
3pHDRob
New
Switzerland

Spark4Me Posted at 5-27 13:47
Older phone, but works with no problems: Sony xperia xz2 compact

Hi there,

just came across this message... i do have the same phone. I've been struggling since yesterday trying to activate the pocket 2.. nothing new here I guess.
Can you share any tips on how you succeeded with this phone?
Many thanks!!
2021-9-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

3pHDRob Posted at 9-21 23:52
Hi there,

just came across this message... i do have the same phone. I've been struggling since yesterday trying to activate the pocket 2.. nothing new here I guess.

Hello and welcome!

My first suggestion would be to see the first post in this thread, as it has a section for quick fixes and troubleshooting tips to try in case the phone won't connect. Could one or some of those tips help you to make it work?

If those won't help, I would try to see if there are some wireless networks that could interfere with the connection between the Pocket 2 and the phone (especially if you are attempting to connect it wirelessly). If you suspect this as a possible reason, try turning off the other networks or try testing in another location outside these networks' range.

Hopefully these will help.
2021-9-22
Use props
3pHDRob
New
Switzerland

HGDC84 Posted at 9-22 09:10
Hello and welcome!

My first suggestion would be to see the first post in this thread, as it has a section for quick fixes and troubleshooting tips to try in case the phone won't connect. Could one or some of those tips help you to make it work?

Thanks for the response.
I think I've tried most of the tricks published on this thread, without going into much fuzz with the network settings. None of this worked to make the two communicate via the USB-C adapter.
Eventually, I gave up and relied on a friend's Iphone. It worked right away.
Echoing a thousand others' frustration: it's just silly they can't make it work consistently or find a more suitable solution that would avoid this whole hassle.
2021-9-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

3pHDRob Posted at 9-23 03:20
Thanks for the response.
I think I've tried most of the tricks published on this thread, without going into much fuzz with the network settings. None of this worked to make the two communicate via the USB-C adapter.
Eventually, I gave up and relied on a friend's Iphone. It worked right away.

Sorry to hear that those tips didn't work :-(

I do share your frustrations with this activation hassle, I'm cetain they could have done it in a way that is less cumbersome and needs less hoops to jump through. What was wrong with the out-of-the-box style?

If you attempted the connection through an USB-C adapter, then I do think that checking out the networking settings isn't as critical as it is with wireless connection.

Did you try the same USB-C adapter with a different phone or tablet? If you did, was the end result the same? If you used the Lightning adapter with the iPhone, and couldn't test or make the USB-C adapter work with any other phone or tablet either, it could be (at least in theory) that the USB-C adapter is faulty. But if you managed to use the USB-C successfully with another device, then we can rule out the chance of faulty adapter.

Also, it popped into my mind that you could possible ask username Spark4Me more about it. Did he use some specific method to make it work? Are there some noticeable differences between their and your phone settings, OS, Mimo version etc.? Maybe they could have something useful information.

Best of luck with solving the problem!
2021-9-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new compatible model: iPhone 13.
2021-9-25
Use props
DaleM
lvl.2
United States

I tested my Galaxy S21 Ultra with the Pocket 2.  The wireless connection via  the Do-it-All handle connects to the Mimo app.

A direct connection via the P2's USB-C slide-in connector works, but is finicky and not practical to use.   It would not connect with the thin case I use on the phone, so I removed that.  Then it would connect to the Mimo app, but the connection is easily broken if the phone rotates even slightly.  The phone and P2 have to be exactly in-line to work.  I found it impractical to use that way because it broke the connection too often. Any slight movement that changes the angle of the connection will cause it to disconnect from the app.  I'm not sure if the phone's USB-C port is too shallow (or too deep), or if the P2's side-in USB-C connector is too short,  or what.
2021-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules