DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible phones/troubleshooting
62066 353 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DaleM Posted at 9-28 15:58
I tested my Galaxy S21 Ultra with the Pocket 2.  The wireless connection via  the Do-it-All handle connects to the Mimo app.

A direct connection via the P2's USB-C slide-in connector works, but is finicky and not practical to use.   It would not connect with the thin case I use on the phone, so I removed that.  Then it would connect to the Mimo app, but the connection is easily broken if the phone rotates even slightly.  The phone and P2 have to be exactly in-line to work.  I found it impractical to use that way because it broke the connection too often. Any slight movement that changes the angle of the connection will cause it to disconnect from the app.  I'm not sure if the phone's USB-C port is too shallow (or too deep), or if the P2's side-in USB-C connector is too short,  or what.

Thank you for this information, updated it to the list.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the physical connection. What popped into my mind was that if you could borrow a phone clip from someone, then could you see with that if that makes a difference with the stability of the connection? Though I do understand if you are not willing to buy one for yourself unless you are perfectly certain that it will help.
2021-9-29
Use props
jca71
New

France

Xiaomi Redmi 7A not working. This activation system is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. Who are the dumb ass managers who decided to ruin such a great product wich such a stupid system?
2021-9-30
Use props
DaleM
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 9-29 02:14
Thank you for this information, updated it to the list.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the physical connection. What popped into my mind was that if you could borrow a phone clip from someone, then could you see with that if that makes a difference with the stability of the connection? Though I do understand if you are not willing to buy one for yourself unless you are perfectly certain that it will help.

I tried two different phone clip rigs. Both held the P2 and phone together well and made the connection stable.  I should have mentioned that in my previous post.  However, I found the rigs too bulky for my taste and they defeated the size advantage of the tiny P2 alone. So I returned them.

For anyone who doesn't mind the larger size and weight, the clips would work well with the S21 Ultra.
2021-9-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

jca71 Posted at 9-30 08:06
Xiaomi Redmi 7A not working. This activation system is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. Who are the dumb ass managers who decided to ruin such a great product wich such a stupid system?

Thank you for the information, will update it on the list.

Also, sorry to hear about your misfortune with this model. And I'll have to say I completely agree with your opinion about the activation process. It gives no advantage to the user, it is a useless hurdle that hinders the usability for those who just want to take it out and start filming. Hope you will find another way to get it activated.
2021-10-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DaleM Posted at 9-30 11:39
I tried two different phone clip rigs. Both held the P2 and phone together well and made the connection stable.  I should have mentioned that in my previous post.  However, I found the rigs too bulky for my taste and they defeated the size advantage of the tiny P2 alone. So I returned them.

For anyone who doesn't mind the larger size and weight, the clips would work well with the S21 Ultra.

Thank you for that additional information and sorry to hear those phone clips didn't work for you the way you wished. Hopefully you will find an appropriate alternative solution to this dilemma.
2021-10-1
Use props
Ryan_K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198648 ft
Greece

Hi guys. I got my Pocket 2 today and I can confirm it works with the Oneplus 9 Pro flawlessly. I can connect to the Do-It-All Handle also. I had to change from Auto to 2GHz as per crogersscapes' guide. I also used the latest version of the DJI MIMO app from the DJI website. Not the Google play store.
So you can add the Oneplus 9 Pro to the list of compatible phones. Keep up the good work.
2021-10-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ryan_K Posted at 10-9 10:06
Hi guys. I got my Pocket 2 today and I can confirm it works with the Oneplus 9 Pro flawlessly. I can connect to the Do-It-All Handle also. I had to change from Auto to 2GHz as per crogersscapes' guide. I also used the latest version of the DJI MIMO app from the DJI website. Not the Google play store.
So you can add the Oneplus 9 Pro to the list of compatible phones. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for this information, I have now added it to the list.

Also, glad to hear your phone is compatible. Have a nice weekend :-)
2021-10-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added two new compatible models, one non-compatible model and a new troubleshooting tip for wireless connection problems.
2021-10-12
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro doesn't work with micro USB to usb-c adapter connected to the Pocket side by side... I used usb-c to normal USB... I connected the adapter on the phone and the cable that came with the Pocket on the adapter... only works connected to the bottom usb-c port of pocket 2...

Has for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, you can connect with the Pocket adapter and it works fine, you just have to be careful,  because a small movement and the Pocket disconnects form the phone...

Hope it helps.
2021-10-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 10-13 04:03
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro doesn't work with micro USB to usb-c adapter connected to the Pocket side by side... I used usb-c to normal USB... I connected the adapter on the phone and the cable that came with the Pocket on the adapter... only works connected to the bottom usb-c port of pocket 2...

Has for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, you can connect with the Pocket adapter and it works fine, you just have to be careful,  because a small movement and the Pocket disconnects form the phone...

OK, thank you for this additional information. Will update the list info accordingly.

That first point could also be considered as one more additional troubleshooting tip, so thank you for that, too.
2021-10-13
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

HGDC84 Posted at 10-13 06:29
OK, thank you for this additional information. Will update the list info accordingly.

That first point could also be considered as one more additional troubleshooting tip, so thank you for that, too.

There's an mistake in my message, the adapter USB-C to USB it's conected to the Pocket 2, and than I connected the normal charging cable of the phone. I'm sorry for my mistake, but because I don't use that phone anymore, I got confused

And now that I'm thinking, probably using a cable with one side USB-C and the other MicroUSB will work. I don't have a cable like that, otherwise I would try in my old phone.

2021-10-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 10-13 06:50
There's an mistake in my message, the adapter USB-C to USB it's conected to the Pocket 2, and than I connected the normal charging cable of the phone.

Yeah, figured out it is like that way. Thank you for the heads-up anyway. I do believe this will help some people with their connection problems.
2021-10-13
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

HGDC84 Posted at 10-13 06:54
Yeah, figured out it is like that way. Thank you for the heads-up anyway. I do believe this will help some people with their connection problems.

You're welcome  
2021-10-13
Use props
djiuser_IFqPrMIJoexI
lvl.1
France

As a new purchaser, I find DJI policy being shameful, and can guarantee you've lost a customer for good because of your trickery activation. What does that stands for, exactly ?
Users should get a unit that works right out of the box without any annoying and time consuming process, or having to buy another phone, or having to ask friends in order to get any activation.
How it is that DJI did not change their policy seing such a long list of complaints ?
Shame on YouTube reviewers for hiding this fact as well, misleading buyers in the end...
Will return the second unit, bye bye, DJI....(by the way, I can't understand how can a company survive so many returns...
2021-10-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_IFqPrMIJoexI Posted at 10-22 04:27
As a new purchaser, I find DJI policy being shameful, and can guarantee you've lost a customer for good because of your trickery activation. What does that stands for, exactly ?
Users should get a unit that works right out of the box without any annoying and time consuming process, or having to buy another phone, or having to ask friends in order to get any activation.
How it is that DJI did not change their policy seing such a long list of complaints ?

I completely agree with you on this one. Can't remember any customer being happy with the cumbersome activation process, and I am sure it has cost them customers. It's a shame that an otherwise technically decent camera is hindered by this bad engineering decision.

Hopefully you will find a more satisfactory solution for your needs.
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_IFqPrMIJoexI
lvl.1
France

And just for the list :
CAT S60 does not work for activation.
DUODUOGO tablet does not work either.
2021-10-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_IFqPrMIJoexI Posted at 10-22 06:13
And just for the list :
CAT S60 does not work for activation.
DUODUOGO tablet does not work either.

Thank you very much for that information, I'll add those to the lists. Good to get some information on the tablet side of things too, it has been a while since I got reports about compatible and non-compatible tablets.

Once again, sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the Pocket 2's activation. It is an issue many have shared their frustrations with. Hopefully your plans will go on smoother from now on, no matter which camera you decide to get and use.
2021-10-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new mention of a non-compatible model. Also, the sister thread of tablets also will have a new update for a non-compatible model, after a long hiatus.
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_IFqPrMIJoexI
lvl.1
France

HGDC84 Posted at 10-22 07:23
Thank you very much for that information, I'll add those to the lists. Good to get some information on the tablet side of things too, it has been a while since I got reports about compatible and non-compatible tablets.

Once again, sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the Pocket 2's activation. It is an issue many have shared their frustrations with. Hopefully your plans will go on smoother from now on, no matter which camera you decide to get and use.

Thank you for your reply. Happy to help anyway. I would have preferred to get a better experience, though. What stricked me most was the heat generated during my trials of activation. The device went into protection mode many times using the wireless extensions. Plus, I had to charge it many times despite having not started to film anything yet....it all became very suspicious !!! I agree it could be a very nice device, I feel a bit sad and will look for another gear from now on....again thanks for your reply.
2021-10-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_IFqPrMIJoexI Posted at 10-22 07:35
Thank you for your reply. Happy to help anyway. I would have preferred to get a better experience, though. What stricked me most was the heat generated during my trials of activation. The device went into protection mode many times using the wireless extensions. Plus, I had to charge it many times despite having not started to film anything yet....it all became very suspicious !!! I agree it could be a very nice device, I feel a bit sad and will look for another gear from now on....again thanks for your reply.

You're welcome, and thank you for your help, it certainly is appreciated.

Mentioning those symptoms on your camera, I am not wondering you are suspicious about it. For me, it sounds like you may have ended up with a faulty unit. Even though it won't remove the activation hassle, and even when there have been mentions of overheating that DJI considers "normal", it sounds like it shouldn't overheat that much in that situation, and that need to charge multiple times sounds even more like a faulty unit. If you have decided to get a different camera, I would say you could try to get refunded due to these faults.

Good luck!
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_eRrXTSkUuBVH
New

Singapore

Do samsung galaxy M32 compatible with DJI pocket 2?

Any idea please.

Thank you.
2021-10-23
Use props
djiuser_eRrXTSkUuBVH
New

Singapore

djiuser_sw7GfcczhhB4 Posted at 7-29 10:54
I would very much appreciate if anyone tried with samsung m21 and m32, can tell me the compatibility of osmo pocket 2 with my phones i.e., Samsung m21 and m32.

Any update on this post, does samsung galaxy M32 compatible with DJI pocket 2?

TIA for answers .
2021-10-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_eRrXTSkUuBVH Posted at 10-23 09:05
Any update on this post, does samsung galaxy M32 compatible with DJI pocket 2?

TIA for answers .

I unfortunately haven't been able to test this model personally, nor have I heard anybody else mention their results with the phone. Anybody having experience about this model?

I will update this model on the list as soon as I hear something or if I happen to get a chance to test it myself.
2021-10-24
Use props
Sting888
lvl.1

Canada

I haven't purchased the Pocket 2 yet but wanted to see if I could just get Mimo installed first. Downloaded both 1.6.4 and 1.3.2 from the DJI site and attempting to run them says "App not installed"

What am I doing wrong that I can't even install it?

Umidigi A3x
2021-10-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Sting888 Posted at 10-24 18:14
I haven't purchased the Pocket 2 yet but wanted to see if I could just get Mimo installed first. Downloaded both 1.6.4 and 1.3.2 from the DJI site and attempting to run them says "App not installed"

What am I doing wrong that I can't even install it?

Hard to say it without seeing the situation myself. My first suggestion would have been trying an earlier version, but I see you have tried it already, and for Android, there seems to be only one older version of the Mimo app on the official site (and even that seems to be newer).

If I have understood right, then you have enabled sideloading apps outside the Google Play Store and managed to download the APK file and to start the installation process?

Correct me if I have mistaken.

And a word of warning: even though if you did manage to install the Mimo app on your phone, it still could be that it wouldn't work with the Pocket 2. My earlier phone could install an older version of the Mimo app, but it was so old it didn't support Pocket 2.

If you find out the Pocket 2 won't work with your phone, I'd suggest considering the original Osmo Pocket, as that could possibly work with some older phone and tablet models and earlier versions of the Mimo app (though it is safest to make that sure separately forehand). Otherwise, I'd suggest either seeing if you could use a tablet instead or get a similar camera from another manufacturer.
2021-10-25
Use props
Sting888
lvl.1

Canada

HGDC84 Posted at 10-25 14:10
Hard to say it without seeing the situation myself. My first suggestion would have been trying an earlier version, but I see you have tried it already, and for Android, there seems to be only one older version of the Mimo app on the official site (and even that seems to be newer).

If I have understood right, then you have enabled sideloading apps outside the Google Play Store and managed to download the APK file and to start the installation process?

Yes, I enabled sideloading but both versions failed during the installation process. Seems odd because  Umidigi uses "stock" unmodified Android OS.

I did think of going back to the original Pocket, but where can I find older versions of Mimo - this site only has the one older 1.3.2 version I think?
2021-10-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Sting888 Posted at 10-27 05:37
Yes, I enabled sideloading but both versions failed during the installation process. Seems odd because  Umidigi uses "stock" unmodified Android OS.

I did think of going back to the original Pocket, but where can I find older versions of Mimo - this site only has the one older 1.3.2 version I think?

If I saw right earlier on, the older Android version on the Mimo site is now 1.3.4. So my guess is that wouldn't work either.
Hard to say where there could be a safe site to download earlier versions of the Mimo app. I personally only knew the Google Play Store (where it likely won't be anymore due to ban) or Mimo's own website.
Any other forum members having ideas about this?
2021-10-27
Use props
Sting888
lvl.1

Canada

HGDC84 Posted at 10-27 13:25
If I saw right earlier on, the older Android version on the Mimo site is now 1.3.4. So my guess is that wouldn't work either.
Hard to say where there could be a safe site to download earlier versions of the Mimo app. I personally only knew the Google Play Store (where it likely won't be anymore due to ban) or Mimo's own website.
Any other forum members having ideas about this?

I only found this site... not sure if it's legit and safe... you do have to seem to click about four links to actually get the download.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?s=dji+mimo&post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk
2021-10-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Sting888 Posted at 10-27 15:55
I only found this site... not sure if it's legit and safe... you do have to seem to click about four links to actually get the download.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?s=dji+mimo&post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk

It is hard to know which APK download sites are safe and which are not. There are some tools online for checking whether a certain url is safe or not, but if it is hidden behind multiple links, you may have to inspect each of those separately.

I myself wouldn't download stuff from any site that I am not 100% sure to be safe. Some of those could be okay, but you never know...
2021-10-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Could DJI themselves have any access to earlier versions of the Mimo app?
2021-10-28
Use props
Jono986
New
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Isle of Man

It appears I've fallen into the trap of the compatibility issue... an issue that you wouldn't think exists with a fairly new flagship Samsung device (S21 Ultra (Exynos)).

I can connect to the P2 either with the phone connector or wirelessly. However, the image on the phone is either frozen or a black screen... every time. If I'm in photo or video mode for example, with the black screen, I can select the centre of the screen to track my face or movements, move around and the camera will follow... still with no image shown. The picture or video then appears in the gallery as normal. This appears, in the early stages of exploring the device, to be the only issue.
2021-10-28
Use props
Subham Sadhu
New

India

Anyone can tell about Realme 3 Pro? Will it work?
2021-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Jono986 Posted at 10-28 15:18
It appears I've fallen into the trap of the compatibility issue... an issue that you wouldn't think exists with a fairly new flagship Samsung device (S21 Ultra (Exynos)).

I can connect to the P2 either with the phone connector or wirelessly. However, the image on the phone is either frozen or a black screen... every time. If I'm in photo or video mode for example, with the black screen, I can select the centre of the screen to track my face or movements, move around and the camera will follow... still with no image shown. The picture or video then appears in the gallery as normal. This appears, in the early stages of exploring the device, to be the only issue.

Thank you for that information, will add it to the list.

Selecting the correct class might be a bit of a challenge. On one hand, it almost works, but on the other, the one flaw it has seems quite fatal to me. I think I will add it to the non-working ones for now, with the appropriate notes.
2021-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Subham Sadhu Posted at 10-30 09:27
Anyone can tell about Realme 3 Pro? Will it work?

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to test this model personally, nor have I heard any experiences from others considering this phone.

Anybody else have any test results for this model?
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_PGKrZ8VRzHkG
lvl.1

United States

Sad to report my Pixel 6 Pro does not function properly with the Pocket 2 + Mimo app. Connects, I can control the Pocket 2 from the phone, but the video does not feed to the phone, so I am stuck with a black screen (as if the Pocket 2 lens is covered). Wish I could keep it, it's a cool camera, but I choose my new phone over the Pocket 2 (still in the BB return window).

However, I can report that my wife's Samsung s10e works just fine with it, as does my previous phone, Samsung Z Fold2.
2021-11-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_PGKrZ8VRzHkG Posted at 11-2 07:47
Sad to report my Pixel 6 Pro does not function properly with the Pocket 2 + Mimo app. Connects, I can control the Pocket 2 from the phone, but the video does not feed to the phone, so I am stuck with a black screen (as if the Pocket 2 lens is covered). Wish I could keep it, it's a cool camera, but I choose my new phone over the Pocket 2 (still in the BB return window).

However, I can report that my wife's Samsung s10e works just fine with it, as does my previous phone, Samsung Z Fold2.

Thank you a lot for that information, and sorry to hear it turned out to not be compatible with your phone. It is certainly a frustrating situation.
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_qaAqz1J5PdbS
New

Indonesia

I can connect to the P2 either with the phone connector or wirelessly. However, the image on the phone is either frozen or a black screen... every time. If I'm in photo or video mode for example, with the black screen, I can select the centre of the screen to track my face or movements, move around and the camera will follow... still with no image shown. The picture or video then appears in the gallery as normal. This appears, in the early stages of exploring the device, to be the only issue.
I can confirm to this. I have the same exact phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra) and I have tried everything including restart and clear cache to no avail. I have to say I am fairly disappointed. Hope they are working to fix this issue.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_4jipy6jWoqcc
New
France

The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is in the "WORK" list...
But i have the same problem than the S21 Ultra users: black screen or frozen phone screen when i connect the Djipocket 2.
Somebody( a S21 5G owner^^) can help me?
2021-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_4jipy6jWoqcc Posted at 11-3 09:18
The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is in the "WORK" list...
But i have the same problem than the S21 Ultra users: black screen or frozen phone screen when i connect the Djipocket 2.
Somebody( a S21 5G owner^^) can help me?

Sorry to hear about your problems with this model :-( I unfortunately don't have this model myself, but I assume that you have tried the troubleshooting tips mentioned in the first post? If not, try those first.

Also, are you attempting to connect it using the physical USB-C connector or the Do-It-All-Handle? Some sources have suggested it works better with the wireless connection. Also, some accounts have mentioned the physical connection can be weak without a phone clip, so if you need a physical connection, then that is strongly recommended.

Good luck for troubleshooting!
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_PGKrZ8VRzHkG
lvl.1

United States

Sounds like exactly what is happening to me and my Pixel 6 Pro, except I don't get a frozen image, just the black screen with the controls available and working. I went back and forth with DJI support before finally deciding it was not something they were going to fix in a timely fashion. I have until next week to return my Pocket 2, so I am going to hold off until the last minute, but I'm not confident.

I considered buying a cheap, used phone from the list of compatible ones (and thanks to the OP for maintaining that) because what I want most is the large viewfinder. I might still, but adding to the cost of this thing reduces its practicality for me.
2021-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules