4693 42 2014-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, good information.

In the states it's as low as $5 per month (so about the same price) but it depends on your carrier.  Since I have Verizon and most trackers don't support their band I'd need to get an account on another carrier, the cost of just having the account would kick my month cost way up so I went the tracker route.  Having compared a few here the GPS mode gets you in the area but if the Phantom drops into an area with bad coverage (or inside someone house then the UHF system is better.

I guess to be really covered I should run both but I hope I never need one; it's more a just in case.
2014-11-29
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

fred@korndorf.c Posted at 2014-11-30 08:33
Just bought a Phantom 2 Vision + that flew away on its maiden voyage.  Has anyone found and used a ...

I use a Garmin GTU10 that I've had around for years. Normally resides on the dog's collar. It's an actual GPS tracker and very accurate, but I still use a Loc8r (now a Tile) for that occasional last few square yards.

The SIM card-based trackers are OK, but in rural areas where the distance between cell towers can be 15 miles or more, triangulation might be accurate to only as much as 1/4 mile radius from the target.

Garmin apparently doesn't sell the GTU10 anymore. I'd consider Tagg as an alternative.
2014-11-29
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-30 11:33
Thanks, good information.

In the states it's as low as $5 per month (so about the same price) but i ...

marco polo looks good for anti theft etc....  would be ideal to use both....
2014-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules