Locating lost Spark
608 3 2021-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frostwolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9295 ft
United States

Greetings. I had a 'fly away' occur with my Spark on Tuesday. I went to the location that Find My Drone suggested (which closely matched the last known flight log location), but I could not connect to the drone. When the fly away happened I think I had 60-70% battery left. It appears to be nearly 1800' from my house. There are some medium-sized pine trees in the section of forest that matches the GPS coordinates. To top if off there was a snow storm the day before so there was a lot of snow on the branches. I went back the next day with binoculars, but no luck. Will the flight log be more accurate than the Find My Drone function? I was hoping to be somewhat cetrain I was looking in the correct place. I have read that the drone still could have drifted some after the last GPS reading was recorded. Also, is there any type of reflective material on the drone such that if I shine a light in the trees at night I could possibly spot it? Thank you.
2021-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there frostwolf. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Spark. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2021-2-7
Use props
frostwolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9295 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-7 21:52
Hello there frostwolf. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Spark. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.

Hello DJI Stephen. Thank you for the response. I will contact the DJI Support Team later today for further evaluation. Have a good day.
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

frostwolf Posted at 2-8 04:59
Hello DJI Stephen. Thank you for the response. I will contact the DJI Support Team later today for further evaluation. Have a good day.

Hi there frostwolf. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help you.
2021-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules