o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,
For my mini1 i used a mini mini battery charger, powered by a power bank
So i bough the same for my mini2, same website, same picture and description and......received a even nice tiny charger.
When i travel light (on my motorcycle) its plugged in during travel.

cheers
JJB

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1 ... b_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

BattChargerMini2a.png.jpg
2021-2-6
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Nice info JJB  
2021-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find.  Thanks for sharing JJB.
2021-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hmm,   so I guess for a car we could just use a phone cigarette socket to USB adapter as long as its 2amp.
2021-2-7
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Great find indeed
2021-2-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 03:13
hmm,   so I guess for a car we could just use a phone cigarette socket to USB adapter as long as its 2amp.

yes, or i use a powerbank or (on my motorcycle) plug it into a 12vdv to  5vdc 2a converter.
2021-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-7 04:09
yes, or i use a powerbank or (on my motorcycle) plug it into a 12vdv to  5vdc 2a converter.

Have you measured how long a battery takes to charge like that?
2021-2-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 04:23

not really, did a test on both and did charge but have not checked the time.
It is not fly-weather here now, when a mini2 batt is flown empty i will check the recharge time.

cheers
JJB
2021-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one!
2021-2-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 04:23

Hi,

50 minutes on a powerbank to get full from 50% to 100%.

cheers
JJB
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I bought and unfortunately it is not suitable for charging our batteries. This charger does not communicate with the intelligent battery on the SMBUS bus, but is only a power supply for it. As a result, the cargo space cannot be replenished. So it shows 100%, but after reinserting it already 99%. Probably communication with the battery is encrypted by DJI and is not shared with other manufacturers. It can be used as a battery level meter. The situation is similar with the 230V charger for 4 batteries.
2021-4-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 4-5 06:19
I have purchased and unfortunately it is not suitable for charging our batteries. This charger does not communicate with the intelligent battery on the I2C bus, but is only a power supply for it. As a result, the loading space cannot be completed. Ie, it shows 100%, but after reinserting it already 99%. Probably communication with the battery is encrypted by DJI and not made available to other manufacturers. It can be used as a meter for the energy level in a battery. The same is the case with a charger for 230V for 4 bat.

ok, i use it without problems. Not sure if a Mini2 battery is an 'intelligent' loaded battery

cheers
JJB
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

It is difficult to convince the unconvinced. So do the test. Charge the battery at the hub and fly in a straight line on a windless day in N fly mode. Between 100% and 90% you should fly about 1.5km. If you charge in the mini charger, the distance will be much shorter. I found it empirical.
2021-4-5
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I have this charger, and I’m not seeing any reduction in flight times, you can also use this tiny charger to charge an ancillary item when plugged into the USB socket.
2021-4-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 4-5 06:52
It is difficult to convince the unconvinced. So do the test. Charge the battery at the hub and fly in a straight line on a windless day in N fly mode. Between 100% and 90% you should fly about 1.5km. If you charge in the mini charger, the distance will be much shorter. I found it empirical.

It is not difficult to convince me if i see and understand the facts.

100% or 99% ....doesn`t have great effect on flying from 100  - 90%, so if you have empircal data, how much distance differance or shorter flight time on a 100 - 10% (charged on hub) or 99 - 10% (charged on a this little charger) ?

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Only tests carried out under similar conditions are reliable. See my screenshot, this is the moment when the counter will change from 100% to 99% in a second. The drone is after take-off and has flown almost 230m. Doesn't that convince you?
2021-4-5
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Ok? What am I missing here. Your OEM three bank charging unit has a USB cable and Greg make 2A cigerette lighters adapters with 2A output.
So why not be charging all three in succession so when you stop you have three batteries charged and ready to go. Cigarette adapters are easy to install on a 12V system.
Doug
2021-4-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 4-5 11:42
Only tests carried out under similar conditions are reliable. See my screenshot, this is the moment when the counter will change from 100% to 99% in a second. The drone is after take-off and has flown almost 230m. Doesn't that convince you?[view_image]

No, sorry

It does say nothing at all.

Battery value changing from value N to value N-1 happens in a split second, not in a second   ;-)

cheers
JJB
2021-4-5
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
France

I also have these, but it's just a pity that they do not fit from Mini 1 to Mini 2.
2021-4-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Alevpi Posted at 4-6 00:49
I also have these, but it's just a pity that they do not fit from Mini 1 to Mini 2.

true, but not expensive at all, so i just bought the mini2 version.

Flying drones costs money.....   
2021-4-6
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

JJB* Posted at 4-6 00:51
true, but not expensive at all, so i just bought the mini2 version.

Flying drones costs money.....

Since the days of the Mavic mini, I also believe that this is the best solution, even better than the hub that is in the combo kit.
2021-4-6
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

I damaged this mini charger due to a connection error. Could someone help me and unscrew the four screws in such a charger and specify the type of smd chip with six pins in the marked place. The small chip is burnt. There may be a good quality photo. I will be obliged. Thank you.
2022-4-3
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2021-2-7 03:13

That is what I got, and will try it on next trip to fly.  5V 2A  fits in Cigarette Lighter receptacle,
and has USB-A output for a USB-A to USB-C cable.

JJB*, NICE looking charger, thanks for sharing, going to look at it.
2022-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-3 08:26
That is what I got, and will try it on next trip to fly.  5V 2A  fits in Cigarette Lighter receptacle,
and has USB-A output for a USB-A to USB-C cable.

I picked one up with PD fast charge and its working great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger ... Black/dp/B08ZXN9LYP
2022-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't the fully-charged/maximum voltages of the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 batteries differ, with the Mini 2's being the greater, perhaps by 0.2 or 0.4V?
If so, if a Mavic Mini after-market-charger is set to limit the voltage (are they?) it would 'under charge' a Mini 2 battery, wouldn't it?
I have these small single battery charges for both the Mavic Mini and Mini 2, unfortunately my Mavic Mini charger does not fit my Mini 2 batteries, this is due to the shapes of hte batteries and the ridges on the charger that are designed to cup the Mavic Mini battery. I have not tried the Mini 2 charger on a Mavic Mini battery.

2022-4-4
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

The batteries for both types of drones are technologically different. Mini 1 is Li-ion cylindrical and mini 2 is li-poly HV prismatic. Both work in a 2s system. Their nominal voltages differ by 0.25V and the end-of-charge voltages differ by 0.4V +/- 0.05V.
2022-4-4
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

Charging batteries means one has to deal with the xC aspect. That is, the charger has to take care of that. Charging ie a 2400mA penlight with 1C (1x capacity) means that 2400mAs will be "pushed" into that battery in 1 hour. Using a 2C charger would mean those electrons would be pushed into it in only half an hour. Stop. They would Not since the battery would not survive that, due to chemical and thermal reasons.

I use the original 3-hub charger and do not experience any different chargingtime using a 1 amp or a 2,4 amp 230vac usb-plug. Which is normal since it makes perfect sence that the charger (electronics) regulates the charging, so not the (max of the) plug.

The Mini 2 batteries are rated 7,7 VDC which means there are 2 cells in series, each cell having a capacity of 2250 mAh. However they could be charged in parallel (they most likely are). But charging my Mini 2 batteries always takes some 2 hours for each of them (from some 15% up). Charging with 1C is already quite brutal so I am not surprised by that.

For this reason I also don't understand why people use carchargers anyway. How far (long) are they driving ? And why ?
2022-4-14
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

Could anyone help me and do what I asked for before? I will be grateful.
2022-4-14
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

nOxxxx Posted at 4-14 22:35
Could anyone help me and do what I asked for before? I will be grateful.

Hi nOxxxx,

Do you mean your question concerning "specify the type of smd chip with six pins in the marked place"? If so, then sorry, I can't but this is what I do know.

I doubt whether anyone could read such numbers anyway since smd parts are so very tiny.
Besides that I really doubt whether one would be able to buy one (1) piece of such a chip. But if someone could tell you the typenumber please also ask for the right direction on how to install it since the housing is symmetrical. Back in the old (non-smd) days there used to be a dent near pin 1 on the ic and a corresponding mark at the pcb.
Last but not least make your thought about how to solder it on the pcb. On, not in, then as you wrote it concerns a smd chip that has very tiny contacts that lay on the pcb. Smd's are very vulnerable for heat, so for soldering and you need special tools and experience to get that done.

2022-4-20
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

Wilfried5719 Posted at 4-20 08:43
Hi nOxxxx,

Thank you for your response. Be calm, I have experience and the necessary equipment. However, I can see that there are no suitable people here to help. Well, I'll stop helping too.
2022-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules