Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rotating the lens/gimbal
4042 7 2021-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viva Terlingua
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163862 ft
United States

I just watched the DJI video touting their story modes. In the demo they showed filming a skateboarder and the gimbal rotated while filming. Is there a way to have the Pocket 2 do that outside of a story mode?
2021-2-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You can control the gimbal with the joystick or with a mobile phone in the Mimo app.
2021-2-6
Use props
Viva Terlingua
lvl.2
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-6 13:37
You can control the gimbal with the joystick or with a mobile phone in the Mimo app.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I want to rotate the gimbal as shown at the 0:58 mark of this video.
https://youtu.be/rVNu6Dzt7aA?t=58
2021-2-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hmm.  I'm not aware of a manual way of doing that apart from using FPV mode and simply rotating the handle.  

Addendum - see this video where he tilts the camera forward like a flashlight, in FPV mode, then gets hold of the lens head and points it ahead, then uses the control wheel (or use the joystick) to rotate the lens.

2021-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Viva Terlingua. Thanks for reaching out! There is no current way to manually perform the same result other than using the preset function in Story Mode.
2021-2-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 23:30
Hi, Viva Terlingua. Thanks for reaching out! There is no current way to manually perform the same result other than using the preset function in Story Mode.

Hmmm.  The method I suggested does work for me.  I guess the question is, will aligning the gimbal head the way shown in the video risk damage to the motors?
2021-2-7
Use props
Viva Terlingua
lvl.2
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-6 17:59
Hmm.  I'm not aware of a manual way of doing that apart from using FPV mode and simply rotating the handle.  

Addendum - see this video where he tilts the camera forward like a flashlight, in FPV mode, then gets hold of the lens head and points it ahead, then uses the control wheel (or use the joystick) to rotate the lens.

Interesting.  I will give it a try.  Thanks.
2021-2-7
Use props
Orbitance
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is it possible to shoot in 'Portrait' format with my Mavic Pro, or any other DJI, without including the propellers. Thanks!
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules