iPad keeps asking to calibrate itself?
10144 19 2015-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi
The iPad keeps asking to calibrate itself whilst using the DJI app,  see enclosed image, not when flying (although it hasn't done that yet) but when setting up,  or after landing, keeps popping up.  It started doing  this about a week ago, and now all the time,  before that never seen this during 3 months of flying.  Haven't updated anything on the iPad.
Can't work this out.  Probaly something simple,  but I'm at a loss.
Any ideas anyone?  Thanks if you can shed light on it.
Cheers Ian
2015-7-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

You may have forgot to attach your image or provide a link
2015-7-8
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Here,  hopefully, thanks
2015-7-8
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2015-7-8
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

no idea why it won't take a small jpg!
ok dark screen,   circle of short white lines,  and ball in middle,  you have to 'tilt the screen to roll ball around circle'
Any ideas anyone?
2015-7-8
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get this request to calibrate the iPad compass nearly every time I start the DJI Pilot app.  If I leave the DJI Pilot app in background and then bring it back up on the screen, I don't get the message.  I think this iPad compass calibration request was added to the latest DJI Pilot app release.
2015-7-8
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks David,  fortunately it has never popped while I am flying, but I do wonder. I'll try your method.
Cheers Ian
2015-7-8
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I'm getting it too.  Must be the app
2015-7-8
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

I get it too on my iPad Air 2.......I just hit cancel.
2015-7-8
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

I've been getting this as well. There was an app update on June 26, you might have Automatic Downloads turned on in your iPad's settings. Go to Settings>iTunes and App Store and check if Updates is turned on under Automatic  Downloads. If it's selected then the DJI Pilotmapp updated itself. That's probably why this change came suddenly. Hope this helped.
2015-7-8
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Only started getting the iPad calibration screen after the last pilot upgrade. Same remedy  as "Starship" - I just cancel it. Calibration screen hasn't come up during flighing.
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I have also been having this happen. It is just the iPad not the DJI Pilot app. I just cancel it.
2015-7-8
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happens on the iPhone 6, too, and with the Pilot app on the Phantom 3. I believe that the remote uses the GPS on both the RC and the mobile device, whichever is stronger. So the calibration may be to help set the RTH location on the RC.
2015-7-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had this happen to me with my iPhone 6 almost every time I start the app.  This could be a bug after the last App update.

Rich
2015-7-8
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Seriously ... you guys cancel this !?
(It only takes a few seconds of wiggle to have the ball light up the bars in the circle.)

I figured this is to calibrate the device compass so that your pilot app and the Inspire will have the same idea of what "north" is!
It probably solves the problem that some of yous had with the faulty arrow indicating witch way the Inspire is facing in the pilot app.  
2015-7-9
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I have the same problem, if you fix it please keep us updated, thanks in advance!!
2015-7-9
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-7-9 19:36
I have the same problem, if you fix it please keep us updated, thanks in advance!!

Why do you guys think this is a problem?

It´s the same as if the Inspire asks you to do a compass calibration!

Just do it ... !

I think it is excellent that the pilot app gives you this prompt to calibrate the internal compass of the device before you start flying to get more accurate feedback!

It probably doesn´t affect the flight safety regarding fail safe and auto return to home ... but it will most probably give you more accurate feedback if you are flying out of sight ...
Just do the calibration when promted ...

2015-7-9
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

w1der Posted at 2015-7-9 19:51
Why do you guys think this is a problem?

It´s the same as if the Inspire asks you to do a compa ...

Surely will do, thanks for the advice!
2015-7-9
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

In my iPhone there is an app called compass ...
When I start that up ... I get the same prompt to do the calibration ...

2015-7-9
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

It's not problem....I get it almost every time myself.  Don't stress about it ...
2015-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules