Mavic Mini Propeller Spinning too Fast Warning and Max Powerload ...
3834 10 2021-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079094 ft
Canada

Just posted my newest video on my channel for my first flight of 2021 when some weird stuff happened with my drone!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5fN0Gqyvw
2021-2-6
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

You were in plain sight so no problems there but should one be outside a horizon vLoS on ground when such problem happen the best first response is to set Signal Loss to Land and not RTH.

Glad you have rescued the Mini and restoring it!
2021-2-6
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Sounds like you have a flattened or bent blade from when it was stored in the case. If the blades are not in the case properly the blade can get bent and will straighten out when worm for a few hours. A flat or bent blade will spin faster. Also if you have problems with wind go to S mode for more power. Glad you got it back. Sounds like you are doing really well.
2021-2-6
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Canada

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-6 19:04
Sounds like you have a flattened or bent blade from when it was stored in the case. If the blades are not in the case properly the blade can get bent and will straighten out when worm for a few hours. A flat or bent blade will spin faster. Also if you have problems with wind go to S mode for more power. Glad you got it back. Sounds like you are doing really well.

Thanks, I actually replaced the blades a couple weeks ago where it was saying the issue, hopefully DJI can resolve the issue!
2021-2-6
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Canada

m80116 Posted at 2-6 12:53
You were in plain sight so no problems there but should one be outside a horizon vLoS on ground when such problem happen the best first response is to set Signal Loss to Land and not RTH.

Glad you have rescued the Mini and restoring it!

Thanks! So much for the info
2021-2-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AidanDroneFan Posted at 2-6 19:20
Thanks, I actually replaced the blades a couple weeks ago where it was saying the issue, hopefully DJI can resolve the issue!

The issue was ice forming on your props.
Nothing DJI can do about that.
2021-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AidanDroneFan. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about what happened. The aircraft had detected that the propellers were deformed or severely damaged, so it sounded alarms to remind you of flight safety. We recommend that you take note of the storage environment of the aircraft, and in particular, protect your propellers from being compressed when storing them in the package.

Sometimes the propeller deformation is unnoticeable, but the resulting power loss will lead to safety risks, and in particular, decrease the aircraft's wind resistance performance in strong winds. If the deformation is not serious, you can try to hover the aircraft in a safe place. The motors will try to correct the deformation. After the aircraft has hovered for a few minutes, restart the aircraft. If the prompt in the DJI Fly app disappears, the propeller deformation has been corrected, and you can fly your aircraft normally. Please avoid the propellers from becoming compressed when you are storing the aircraft in the future.
2021-2-6
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

If I may add my own only use genuine DJI props. Ice forming on the props I reckon could still be a reasonable explanation.
2021-2-7
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2-6 22:18
The issue was ice forming on your props.
Nothing DJI can do about that.

It was above zero and this also was happening in the summer last year. DJI sent me a shipping label and it’s being sent out Monday
2021-2-7
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 23:19
Hi, AidanDroneFan. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about what happened. The aircraft had detected that the propellers were deformed or severely damaged, so it sounded alarms to remind you of flight safety. We recommend that you take note of the storage environment of the aircraft, and in particular, protect your propellers from being compressed when storing them in the package.

Sometimes the propeller deformation is unnoticeable, but the resulting power loss will lead to safety risks, and in particular, decrease the aircraft's wind resistance performance in strong winds. If the deformation is not serious, you can try to hover the aircraft in a safe place. The motors will try to correct the deformation. After the aircraft has hovered for a few minutes, restart the aircraft. If the prompt in the DJI Fly app disappears, the propeller deformation has been corrected, and you can fly your aircraft normally. Please avoid the propellers from becoming compressed when you are storing the aircraft in the future.

Thanks, this was also  happening in the summer last year and I replaced the propellers a couple weeks ago too,  and it’s still happening, it’s being sent out Monday anyway
2021-2-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AidanDroneFan Posted at 2-7 10:45
It was above zero and this also was happening in the summer last year. DJI sent me a shipping label and it’s being sent out Monday

If the air is moist and temp is does not have to be below zero for ice to form on props.
It can also happen in air temps that are close to, but not below zero.
2021-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules