Well done Ian

2021-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .  Article 16 looks like a pain with the risk assessment,  and unless I missed him say it the clubs you can join to get access to article 16 also require you take a test too.
2021-2-7
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Use dronedesk for your risk assessment (free for 1 pilot) very easy to use. Yes there is a small test on FPV-UK, (Certificate of Competency: Drone Law ('A' Certificate) very easy.
£19.99 per year to join fpvuk_membership which includes £5 million 3rd party insurance.
I think it's a small price to pay to continue flying as before, and in some cases better than before. And unless its abused it doesn't end in 2 years.
Downside no flying for profit and no auto flight mode.
No brainer
2021-2-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 03:18
Thanks for sharing. .  Article 16 looks like a pain with the risk assessment,  and unless I missed him say it the clubs you can join to get access to article 16 also require you take a test too.

No Pain at all. Risk assesments do not necessarily need to be written down
2021-2-7
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 2-7 04:51
Use dronedesk for your risk assessment (free for 1 pilot) very easy to use. Yes there is a small test on FPV-UK, (Certificate of Competency: Drone Law ('A' Certificate) very easy.
£19.99 per year to join fpvuk_membership which includes £5 million 3rd party insurance.
I think it's a small price to pay to continue flying as before, and in some cases better than before. And unless its abused it doesn't end in 2 years.

I agree, I belong to FPVUK, the £5 million third party insurance is essential.
2021-2-7
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks to you Mark I'm all sorted with 16 and dronedesk.
2021-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2-7 07:02
No Pain at all. Risk assesments do not necessarily need to be written down

Is that true,  most of the clubs have templates that they want you to use.
2021-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 2-7 04:51
Use dronedesk for your risk assessment (free for 1 pilot) very easy to use. Yes there is a small test on FPV-UK, (Certificate of Competency: Drone Law ('A' Certificate) very easy.

Have you got a link for drone desk?
2021-2-7
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

There's a lot in there but only use what's necessary, also it looks like you have to be a business.
But have a look, I've set up 2 test flights with very little problems.

2021-2-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 07:53
Is that true,  most of the clubs have templates that they want you to use.

Many people will tell you that all sorts of Risk Assessments need to be recorded and that is indeed wise. But if the Law says you must do a risk assessment and it does not specify you must write it down. You don't have to, but then you will have no evidence. What we need is a simple app that just goes through a list of questions that you answer and it keeps a record. Risk assessments are not supposed to be time consuming things. You will find that most sensible people do them in their head before most flights
2021-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2-7 09:13
Many people will tell you that all sorts of Risk Assessments need to be recorded and that is indeed wise. But if the Law says you must do a risk assessment and it does not specify you must write it down. You don't have to, but then you will have no evidence. What we need is a simple app that just goes through a list of questions that you answer and it keeps a record. Risk assessments are not supposed to be time consuming things. You will find that most sensible people do them in their head before most flights

The risk assessments I do as part of my day job require that they are recorded and approved,  this is a stipulation from the insurance company that underwrites the work we do,  perhaps this is the same for the insurance from the clubs.  But a simple app if it exists would be ideal.
2021-2-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 09:30
The risk assessments I do as part of my day job require that they are recorded and approved,  this is a stipulation from the insurance company that underwrites the work we do,  perhaps this is the same for the insurance from the clubs.  But a simple app if it exists would be ideal.

It is not what the clubs require it is what the BMFA would require and they are clear that it is a case of individual responsibility.

There are many levels of risk assessment and the type we are talking about is at the lower end. Think about it. Think about the real world and what the chances of say a Mavic Pro injuring someone and if it has actually ever happened.
2021-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2021-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now