Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pocket 2 won't connect to iphone 12
514 12 2-7 04:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am having difficulty connecting my pocket 2 wirelessly to my iphne 12

The app finds the device OK, but then gives a "connection failed" message, asking that i have enabled access to the local network in the phone settings. I've done that, multiple times, but the app continues to give that failure message.

I've re-set the device (app resognizes the 4 digit code ok), I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, i've re-set the all the network settings on the phone but still the probelm persists.

1 1/2 hours yesterday on the on-line chat help yesterday was completely useless and frustrating

Is this a common problem with the iphone 12? the pocket 2 and aapp work OK with the other iphones that my family have

2-7 04:26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, gardenshed. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend connecting your iOS device to your DJI Pocket 2 via the lightning adapter, run the DJI Mimo, go to General > Wi-Fi Frequency Settings, and set it to 2.4 GHz. Once done, try to connect to your DJI Pocket 2 wirelessly.
2-7 06:34
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestion. Is the “general-settings-Wi-Fi “ somewhere in the Mimo app or in the iPhone settings menu? I can’t find it in either of these
2-7 07:09
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Issue still not resolved,
2-8 00:31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

gardenshed Posted at 2-8 00:31
Issue still not resolved,

Hello, could you please try turn off the Wifi on your iPhone and return on, or you can try switch off your iPhone and then switch on to see if the connection works?

Thanks
2-8 01:25
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I did that many times. Complete reset if the phone, reset of the pocket 2, removed and reinstalled the app.....
Still not connecting
2-8 02:51
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Why does it take so long to get a response?
2-8 10:36
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello DJI
Any follow up or comment? This iPhone12/pocket 2 problem is still not resolved and no input from DJI
THIS IS EXTREMELY POOR!!!!
2-10 15:23
Use props
djiuser_2g7xoQAHvGws
New

India

gardenshed Posted at 2-10 15:23
Hello DJI
Any follow up or comment? This iPhone12/pocket 2 problem is still not resolved and no input from DJI
THIS IS EXTREMELY POOR!!!!

Hey man, I just got the Pocket 2 and I haven't yet tried connecting it with my Pixel 2 XL! But I read that thick phone cases might be the cause for poor connections, this might be a silly question, but have you tried removing the case & then connecting?
2-11 07:25
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes I’ve removed it from its case, I’ve also completely reset the phone, had apple run their analytics on it and done all possible non DJI checks to identify the possible causes...... but it still doesn’t work and DJI are not responding/giving any assistance
2-11 07:48
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_2g7xoQAHvGws Posted at 2-11 07:25
Hey man, I just got the Pocket 2 and I haven't yet tried connecting it with my Pixel 2 XL! But I read that thick phone cases might be the cause for poor connections, this might be a silly question, but have you tried removing the case & then connecting?

Actually, you may have helped fix this. It’s not the thickness of the case (wireless, no physical connection, but the case has an antimagnetic shield to prevent unauthorised use of contactless cards. When I took it out, it appears at a to have fixed the issue. Thanks !!
2-11 09:50
Use props
WackyOldMan
lvl.1
Germany

I got my DJI Pocket 2 this morning and I can confirm the problem...
I tryed to connect round about 4 hours, got a connect with my Android phone and
with my Iphone 6 S plus too. A small remark: It´s NOT possible to switch the WLAN
to 2,4 Ghz in the current IOS-APP, it looks like that this entry in the menu is not longer
present. On Android I could switch to 2,4Ghz, but even after that I could not connect
to my Iphone 12 Pro Max.

As next  I switched the system-language of my Iphone 12 pro Max from german to
english,to make some screenshots with english letterings, for contacting the DJI-Service.
It's hard to believe, but after that the iPhone connects to the MIMO app via Wifi. Even
after I set the language back to German, the connection still works and even a complete
power off and on of the iPhone does not change anything, even after that the connection
via Wifi works again without problems.

Funnily enough, I had almost the same behavior a few weeks ago with another app, only
that this again did NOT work after resetting to German.

2-26 11:47
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15554 ft
Switzerland

WackyOldMan Posted at 2-26 11:47
I got my DJI Pocket 2 this morning and I can confirm the problem...
I tryed to connect round about 4 hours, got a connect with my Android phone and
with my Iphone 6 S plus too. A small remark: It´s NOT possible to switch the WLAN

Hi,
what about language settings per app, did you try this? You can keep your phone generally in German and switch to English only selected apps (go to Settings, find the app and then change language). I had similar issues with non-DJI apps and it helped me.
4-6 04:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules