16150 22 2021-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am having difficulty connecting my pocket 2 wirelessly to my iphne 12

The app finds the device OK, but then gives a "connection failed" message, asking that i have enabled access to the local network in the phone settings. I've done that, multiple times, but the app continues to give that failure message.

I've re-set the device (app resognizes the 4 digit code ok), I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, i've re-set the all the network settings on the phone but still the probelm persists.

1 1/2 hours yesterday on the on-line chat help yesterday was completely useless and frustrating

Is this a common problem with the iphone 12? the pocket 2 and aapp work OK with the other iphones that my family have

2021-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, gardenshed. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend connecting your iOS device to your DJI Pocket 2 via the lightning adapter, run the DJI Mimo, go to General > Wi-Fi Frequency Settings, and set it to 2.4 GHz. Once done, try to connect to your DJI Pocket 2 wirelessly.
2021-2-7
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestion. Is the “general-settings-Wi-Fi “ somewhere in the Mimo app or in the iPhone settings menu? I can’t find it in either of these
2021-2-7
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Issue still not resolved,
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

gardenshed Posted at 2-8 00:31
Issue still not resolved,

Hello, could you please try turn off the Wifi on your iPhone and return on, or you can try switch off your iPhone and then switch on to see if the connection works?

Thanks
2021-2-8
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I did that many times. Complete reset if the phone, reset of the pocket 2, removed and reinstalled the app.....
Still not connecting
2021-2-8
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Why does it take so long to get a response?
2021-2-8
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello DJI
Any follow up or comment? This iPhone12/pocket 2 problem is still not resolved and no input from DJI
THIS IS EXTREMELY POOR!!!!
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_2g7xoQAHvGws
New

India

gardenshed Posted at 2-10 15:23
Hello DJI
Any follow up or comment? This iPhone12/pocket 2 problem is still not resolved and no input from DJI
THIS IS EXTREMELY POOR!!!!

Hey man, I just got the Pocket 2 and I haven't yet tried connecting it with my Pixel 2 XL! But I read that thick phone cases might be the cause for poor connections, this might be a silly question, but have you tried removing the case & then connecting?
2021-2-11
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes I’ve removed it from its case, I’ve also completely reset the phone, had apple run their analytics on it and done all possible non DJI checks to identify the possible causes...... but it still doesn’t work and DJI are not responding/giving any assistance
2021-2-11
Use props
gardenshed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_2g7xoQAHvGws Posted at 2-11 07:25
Hey man, I just got the Pocket 2 and I haven't yet tried connecting it with my Pixel 2 XL! But I read that thick phone cases might be the cause for poor connections, this might be a silly question, but have you tried removing the case & then connecting?

Actually, you may have helped fix this. It’s not the thickness of the case (wireless, no physical connection, but the case has an antimagnetic shield to prevent unauthorised use of contactless cards. When I took it out, it appears at a to have fixed the issue. Thanks !!
2021-2-11
Use props
WackyOldMan
New
Germany

I got my DJI Pocket 2 this morning and I can confirm the problem...
I tryed to connect round about 4 hours, got a connect with my Android phone and
with my Iphone 6 S plus too. A small remark: It´s NOT possible to switch the WLAN
to 2,4 Ghz in the current IOS-APP, it looks like that this entry in the menu is not longer
present. On Android I could switch to 2,4Ghz, but even after that I could not connect
to my Iphone 12 Pro Max.

As next  I switched the system-language of my Iphone 12 pro Max from german to
english,to make some screenshots with english letterings, for contacting the DJI-Service.
It's hard to believe, but after that the iPhone connects to the MIMO app via Wifi. Even
after I set the language back to German, the connection still works and even a complete
power off and on of the iPhone does not change anything, even after that the connection
via Wifi works again without problems.

Funnily enough, I had almost the same behavior a few weeks ago with another app, only
that this again did NOT work after resetting to German.

2021-2-26
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79616 ft
Switzerland

WackyOldMan Posted at 2-26 11:47
I got my DJI Pocket 2 this morning and I can confirm the problem...
I tryed to connect round about 4 hours, got a connect with my Android phone and
with my Iphone 6 S plus too. A small remark: It´s NOT possible to switch the WLAN

Hi,
what about language settings per app, did you try this? You can keep your phone generally in German and switch to English only selected apps (go to Settings, find the app and then change language). I had similar issues with non-DJI apps and it helped me.
2021-4-6
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

Is the Mimo app for the Pocket 2 different (newer) from the app for the old OSMO Pocket? And does the iPhone 12 work with the (newer?) app.It looks like folks are having a lot of trouble getting the iPhone 12 to work with the Pocket 2.  As far as I can tell the iPhone 12 doesn't work with my older OSMO Pocket.

The WiFi adapter with the OSMO Pocket does seem to work with the iPhone 12 though.  

2021-7-15
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

Any thoughts? I ask this because the "official" DJI info on the Mimo app says the iPhone 12 is not compatible. Looks like the iPhone 11 would be and back a few phone models.
2021-7-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smallWstudio4 Posted at 7-15 05:36
Is the Mimo app for the Pocket 2 different (newer) from the app for the old OSMO Pocket? And does the iPhone 12 work with the (newer?) app.It looks like folks are having a lot of trouble getting the iPhone 12 to work with the Pocket 2.  As far as I can tell the iPhone 12 doesn't work with my older OSMO Pocket.

The WiFi adapter with the OSMO Pocket does seem to work with the iPhone 12 though.

The Mimo app certainly has been updated from the version originally released for the original Osmo Pocket. I noticed this myself after buying the Pocket 2. I had earlier on installed the DJI Mimo app on my then-current phone and thought it would support the Pocket 2, only to find out that it didn't.

I have two threads that list phones and tablets that hve been tested with the Pocket 2, listing both working and non-working models. These lists also feature troubleshooting tips that could possibly fix connection problems. On my phone list, it has been informed that the iPhone 12 should work with Pocket 2. However, these lists are constantly updated to the feedback given by testers and may change. To see the latest list of tested phones, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 . To see a similar list for tablets, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 .

Hopefully you get your problem solved!
2021-7-16
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 7-16 06:43
The Mimo app certainly has been updated from the version originally released for the original Osmo Pocket. I noticed this myself after buying the Pocket 2. I had earlier on installed the DJI Mimo app on my then-current phone and thought it would support the Pocket 2, only to find out that it didn't.

I have two threads that list phones and tablets that hve been tested with the Pocket 2, listing both working and non-working models. These lists also feature troubleshooting tips that could possibly fix connection problems. On my phone list, it has been informed that the iPhone 12 should work with Pocket 2. However, these lists are constantly updated to the feedback given by testers and may change. To see the latest list of tested phones, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 . To see a similar list for tablets, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 .

Thanks for the reply! I still have the original Pocket and was trying to get it to work with my new iPhone 12 without having to buy the Pocket 2. Do you think it's possible to get the old Pocket to work with the iPhone 12 if I update the Mimo app?
2021-7-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smallWstudio4 Posted at 7-16 06:46
Thanks for the reply! I still have the original Pocket and was trying to get it to work with my new iPhone 12 without having to buy the Pocket 2. Do you think it's possible to get the old Pocket to work with the iPhone 12 if I update the Mimo app?

Unfortunately I don't have that much knowledge about technology on the hardware side of things, and I have no personal experience of the original Osmo Pocket. Can't say anything for sure.

I guess, if I were in a similar situation, I would probably start by checking out the troubleshooting tips on my threads, and also checking out the DJI Mimo's own download page. If the latest version doesn't work, then I'd remember there was also a link to older version of the app. It might be that the older version might work if the newer one doesn't.
2021-7-16
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 7-16 06:52
Unfortunately I don't have that much knowledge about technology on the hardware side of things, and I have no personal experience of the original Osmo Pocket. Can't say anything for sure.

I guess, if I were in a similar situation, I would probably start by checking out the troubleshooting tips on my threads, and also checking out the DJI Mimo's own download page. If the latest version doesn't work, then I'd remember there was also a link to older version of the app. It might be that the older version might work if the newer one doesn't.

Thanks again! You have some great info available.

I have just tried again and all "seems" to be working with my old Pocket and the new iPhone 12 at this point at least. Not sure what I did but I do think the phone's case thickness is/was part of the problem. The app kept asking for a Bluetooth connection which I ignored this time and I did remove the phones case and it connected and worked. When I put the case back on I did have to snug the Pocket's connector in thoroughly for things to work with the case on the phone. Bottom line all seems good at this point...

Now if I could just get the DJI GO 4 app for my Mavic Air to work with the iPhone 12 all would truly be well in my world!!

2021-7-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smallWstudio4 Posted at 7-16 07:22
Thanks again! You have some great info available.

I have just tried again and all "seems" to be working with my old Pocket and the new iPhone 12 at this point at least. Not sure what I did but I do think the phone's case thickness is/was part of the problem. The app kept asking for a Bluetooth connection which I ignored this time and I did remove the phones case and it connected and worked. When I put the case back on I did have to snug the Pocket's connector in thoroughly for things to work with the case on the phone. Bottom line all seems good at this point...

Nice to hear you got it to work. :-)

Though keep in mind that in some situations, the Bluetooth connection could be necessary. But you'll probably figure it out if and when it is needed.
2021-7-17
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

It may be the iPhone issues. To fix it, you can try rebooting your iPhone or resetting your iPhone. If there is no change, you can use an iPhone system recovery tool to resolve it.
2021-7-25
Use props
Lady Hale
New

United States

You have to enter it manually https://youtu.be/08JU9zZnTf8 i have the video there showing you it work for both my Iphone 12 and Iphone 13 which i just got today. Cause after hours with the support they had no clue literally but thats the fix
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_a1rkbWFzOf27
New

United States

gardenshed Posted at 2021-2-11 09:50
Actually, you may have helped fix this. It’s not the thickness of the case (wireless, no physical connection, but the case has an antimagnetic shield to prevent unauthorised use of contactless cards. When I took it out, it appears at a to have fixed the issue. Thanks !!
Re
Removing my iPhone case and using the connector worked for me too! It’s the only way the DIJ Pocket 2 lightening connector works with my phone. I’m glad I found this post. It cut down on my frustration time and having to wait until support opened on Monday.
2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules