De Kemmelberg
333 8 2021-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K-Castello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

The Kemmelberg is a hill, where I live, but there is something special about this hill .... Flying around with a drone is not easy, the ground is mainly iron and sulfur. Disrupts the radio signal, compass too often. And something else is present: a gigantic command bunker is hidden under this hill. It is even ready for work, so there is still military presence. It is also left as it was last used.

commando bunker

commando bunker
2021-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ver Nicely done.    
2021-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2021-2-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.    I'm guessing the bunker is made of thick concrete which will have a lot or rebar in it and probably adds to disruption of signal when flying low over it.  Interesting facility.
2021-2-8
Use props
K-Castello
lvl.4
Belgium

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 04:34
Nicely done.    I'm guessing the bunker is made of thick concrete which will have a lot or rebar in it and probably adds to disruption of signal when flying low over it.  Interesting facility.

It can be visited as a private person, by appointment. Been living here for a while but never did. Usually I fly the other side of the bunker. I've tried it before, but after 200m I already lost signal. Also strange for a military base to have no restrictions.
2021-2-8
Use props
K-Castello
lvl.4
Belgium

Still found these:

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/ ... 8c4ae3fa3b7b5207bba
2021-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

K-Castello Posted at 2-8 08:22
It can be visited as a private person, by appointment. Been living here for a while but never did. Usually I fly the other side of the bunker. I've tried it before, but after 200m I already lost signal. Also strange for a military base to have no restrictions.

You're right, it is very strange for a military base to have no restrictions.
2021-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there K-Castello. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this amazing video and photo here at DJI Forum. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2021-2-10
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That's a cool video and Picture of the bunker.
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules